Mueller will accept Trump's written answers to some Russia probe questions - New York Times

webfact

Mueller will accept Trump's written answers to some Russia probe questions - New York Times

2018-09-04T223633Z_1_LYNXNPEE831YH_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-RUSSIA-MANAFORT.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Robert Mueller testifies before the House Judiciary Committee hearing on Federal Bureau of Investigation oversight on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, U.S., June 13, 2013. REUTERS/Yuri Gripas

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller will accept written answers from President Donald Trump on whether his campaign conspired with Russia to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, the New York Times reported on Tuesday.

Citing a letter from Mueller's office to Trump's lawyers, the Times said Mueller did not ask for written responses to questions on whether Trump obstructed the investigation.

(Reporting by Eric Beech; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-09-05

Mueller will accept Trump's written responses as first step - source

By Karen Freifeld

(Reuters) - U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller will accept written answers from President Donald Trump on whether his campaign conspired with Russia to interfere in the 2016 U.S. election, but Mueller is not ruling out a follow-up interview on that issue, a person familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.

Mueller's offer to accept written responses from Trump on questions about possible collusion was contained in a letter that Trump's lawyers received on Friday, the person said.

The letter was first reported by the New York Times.

Trump's legal team and Mueller's investigators have been negotiating for months over whether Trump will be formally interviewed in the probe.

After receiving the written responses, Mueller's investigators would decide on a next step, which could include an interview with Trump, the person said.

Another area of interest to Mueller's office is whether Trump tried to obstruct the investigation, but it was not clear how any possible questions on that subject might be handled.

A spokesman for Mueller's office declined to comment.

Rudy Giuliani, one of Trump's lawyers, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential race, seeking to tilt the vote in Trump's favour.

Russia has denied interfering in the election. Trump has said there was no collusion and has called the Mueller probe a "witch hunt."

(Reporting by Karen Freifeld in New York; Editing by Mohammad Zargham and Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-09-05

LOL.  Fake News planted by Rudy Giuliani.  They're trying to distract from Woodward's book which revealed the conclusion that Trump was too stupid, too much of a pathological liar, and too short-tempered to undergo any kind of interrogation. Mueller's team doesn't leak, so this had to come from Trump's side.

Trump is now the target of a federal investigation.  The DOJ policy is not to request statements, interviews or grand jury testimony from targets.  The leak is to create some kind of fabricated story for the base that Trump is cooperative and is willing to answer questions.

In the meanwhile, Rod Rosenstein had a front-row seat for Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing.  That is either to remind Kavanaugh that if he perjures himself again (like he did in his Appellate Court confirmation hearing), he will be prosecuted and that the DOJ is interested in his testimony as to whether he will confirm that the sitting President is immune from subpoenas and indictments.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Mueller: "did you collude"?

Trump:  "no, do you have any evidence"?

Let me fix Traitor Trump's response...

Mueller: "Did you or your campaign coordinate with the Russians to effect the outcome of the 2016 presidential elections?"

Traitor Trump: Of course not. But if anyone did collude with the Russians it isn't a crime because everyone does it and anyone would jump at the chance. So of course we worked with the Russians as it isn't a crime and both Hillary and Obama also worked with the Russians to rig the election against me which I won by the biggest margin ever in history! MAGA!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, joecoolfrog said:

Even easier solution , Trump loves to sue , if Woodward's claims are untrue , take him to court !

Onus is on the "professional" journalists to back-up their sources. Let's see how fair MSM are in asking those quoted "hey buddy did you say that"?

14 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Onus is on the "professional" journalists to back-up their sources. Let's see how fair MSM are in asking those quoted "hey buddy did you say that"?

Onus is on the POTUS to stop labeling all his detractors as liars without any proof. Whats so sad with my proposition Bob , lets have the protaganists in a court of law , under oath , with the perjury laws hanging over their heads , we will then maybe see the truth , isn't that what you want ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Woodward has recordings, will those satisfy you?

I'm guessing no, they would not.

Believe me, you do not want to keep digging that hole.

The basic reply from tRUmpers in the know is that everything in Woodward's book is true, and they say, "So what if it is".

I am feeling sorry for tRUmp, his family and his supporters. Sad.

12 hours ago, Tug said:

I think he can print in big letters lol the dude is a walking purgery trap better see his tailor to get fitted for his orange jump suit it matches his hair lol

Well, we know he can't color -- at least he can't color the flag correctly.   

We also know that he is not capable of telling the truth.   

If he answers in writing, I am sure every answer will actually be written by his legal team and it will no doubt still raise more questions than it will answer.