Decisions - Decisions ............. You decide please

thequietman

Current boots have done 103,000 km's. They are Michelin 245/70/16 and served me well. Still have good thread but 8 years old now!

I have only done 103,000 kms on the truck over 8 years, so not a big driver. New Mich's are 20,000 for the set, so lookin for something a little cheaper.

So, the following :  Deestone - set - 8590 baht

Hankook - set - 12.750

Otani - set - 9000

Dunlop - set - 10,890

Goodyear - set - 14,000

Maxxis - set - 10,000

Any experiences for these brands please. I appreciate any input. Its for a Ranger.

Many thanks in advance.

Go for Trans's Maxxis ... cheap and cheerful. When you buy just look at the manufactures date ... as you seem to keep them a while ....

code will look something like  eg 04-18 or 04/18  means made April 2018  

Edited by JAS21

Changed my original Toyota Vigo's tyres at 96,000 km as they still showed tread, but were wobbling. Got 4 x Maxxiss 700 Bravo x/t's for Bht 18000 in Pattaya. Never any problem, still going strong at 165,000 km. Where can you get Maxxiss for 10,000 a set please?

37 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Changed my original Toyota Vigo's tyres at 96,000 km as they still showed tread, but were wobbling. Got 4 x Maxxiss 700 Bravo x/t's for Bht 18000 in Pattaya. Never any problem, still going strong at 165,000 km. Where can you get Maxxiss for 10,000 a set please?

Any Maxxis dealership in the north or if you like, with Lazada but 1000 baht more. here https://www.lazada.co.th/products/maxxis-at-700-25570r15-4-2018-i8619644-s10824714.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.2fcd79fd2cHk6l&search=1

29 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Sorry, got my prices mixed up. I paid Bht 9000 for 4 Maxxiss, which at the time (End of 2015) was 180 quid................wish it was now! Cheers.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:29 PM, thequietman said:

Who is selling for 10,000 bt for 4 in the north?  Cheapest quote I got in Chiang Mai for 17" is 3800 bt.  12,000 for 4 on Lazada.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, no deal said:

anything on lazada is suspicious  I just cancel a 33000tb order,one phone one watch,very good deal but fake!

Was is fulfilled by lazada, LazMall, or a private seller? 

Certain things like MicroSD cards and certain Apple phones you must be very careful of the vendor in which you buy.  Best to buy from the "official" store, LazMall shop. Or by from "Lazada" as seller.  Or a private vendor that you trust. 

These tire that are ฿4k/piece or ฿9k/piece, how many KM are they rated for?

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 9:55 AM, fredob43 said:

Have Dunlop on my Tuna they have only done 20th KM but still look like new. Thank Buddha for that as they were around 20th Bht Each last time I looked.

20,000 baht EACH? What spec is that tire?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, transam said:

He does EVERYTHING at his Toyota Dealer, well the free brunch seems to work..????

Even most BMW, Toyo and Honda dealerships have a tie up with the likes of Tyre Plus etc. Been a while since i wasnt shown a printout of competitive prices during dealer services. Checked em out on my Mobile, and theres no difference worth a mention. Does rather ruin ones boasting rights though.:partytime2:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

He does EVERYTHING at his Toyota Dealer, well the free brunch seems to work..????

For your information I don't buy tyres at Toyo to expensive. Only use Toyo for service. I could use B/Q but they are at best crap using copy stuff also no cheaper. If you want cheap rubbish tyres suggest peeps go to BQ and get their rumble tyres. Tip I wouldn't trust my life on them. Regardless of what some people say. 

6 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

For your information I don't buy tyres at Toyo to expensive. Only use Toyo for service. I could use B/Q but they are at best crap using copy stuff also no cheaper. If you want cheap rubbish tyres suggest peeps go to BQ and get their rumble tyres. Tip I wouldn't trust my life on them. Regardless of what some people say. 

So you are saying B-Quik BFG, Michelin, Bridgstone etc tyres are substandard/seconds.....?

7 hours ago, transam said:

So your quest is to wind up folk here...Well I don't think so, you just make yourself look daft...

I mean, you say B-Quik sell rumble tyres, how do you know...TELL US...?

<Off topic removed>

Right where did I say that My QUEST was to wind peeps up??? yet again you change my posts around to suit your answer. (SAD) I may have got the name incorrect about the Rumble tyres but its a name much the same sort of thing. Cheap Thai rubbish fit only for peeps that cant afford decent stuff.

If anyone is reading this post and they have time can they look up the price for Dunlop Grand Trek PT3 265/50R 20 107v tyres as I cant seem to find anywhere that stock them in Thailand. They can it seems be ordered.

Thanks in advance.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, fredob43 said:

<removed>

Right where did I say that My QUEST was to wind peeps up??? yet again you change my posts around to suit your answer. (SAD) I may have got the name incorrect about the Rumble tyres but its a name much the same sort of thing. Cheap Thai rubbish fit only for peeps that cant afford decent stuff.

If anyone is reading this post and they have time can they look up the price for Dunlop Grand Trek PT3 265/50R 20 107v tyres as I cant seem to find anywhere that stock them in Thailand. They can it seems be ordered.

Thanks in advance.

image.png.6c63c16f4d48de8b3254f0cefb0875c2.pngwww.tivanon.com. They also have a facebook page. This shop is in Nonthaburi. It's on their page, but whether they currently stock, it, I don't know. They should respond if you message them in facebook (they did for me, anyway). 

16 hours ago, fredob43 said:

<Off topic removed>

Thanks in advance.

Then before you post get your facts right as readers may get the wrong impression...Thank you...

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&amp;ei=-8_sW8OIDYPe9QODmqeADA&amp;q=rumble+meaning&amp;oq=Rumble+m&amp;gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l10.4952.10789..13215...0.0..0.95.703.8......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0i3.CRZ7D-XypjY