PM Prayut urges all Thais to exercise regularly

webfact

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

20170720_Steps.jpg

Think if people had more opportunities, they might exert themselves more.  I go to Thailand and feel a the lull of apathy and hopelessness.   Does little for ones energy level.  China has ample opportunity.  Perhaps Thailand needs more opportunity.   

I think that climate certainly has a lot to do with it. We all tend to slow down in a hot climate. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been frustrated to find myself having to slow down behind dawdling  Thais in malls and supermarkets. It's their natural pace.

I spent a year in China and it is truly is amazing from this point of view. (and many others) Qigong and Tai Chi in the parks every morning. Walking trails in the parks and on every available hill, sidewalks to die for and a very motivated population. There is even ballroom dancing in many of the parks. Waltz anyone!

That's it. I'm switching off and going for a walk before it gets too hot!

• Like 2

He's right and it's good to see him lead by example. But this seems to be a case where his military thinking is a disadvantage. You just can't order people to exercise and expect everyone will fall in line and start doing it. He needs to follow up these orders with people thinking up and implementing practical processes that will achieve good results. Some things have been tried already.

One thing that worked is the bike for dad event had a tremendous turnout and also had a positive impact on people cycling even after the event ended.

One thing that didn't work is several years ago they wanted old people to have access to fitness machines and installed outdoor fitness equipment in the villages. For a short period of time these gyms were a curiosity and a few even used them. But they gradually went into disuse and villages moved them to undesirable locations or removed them completely.

34 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

My neighbors take the scooter to get to the 7 ELEVEN 50 m away...

It appears that I'm managing to wean Madam Moon off that habit. I've told her that the battery is old and weak and the Scoot may not start. She doesn't know how to kick start it so she's leaving it at home now.

Sometimes, you have to be a little cunning and devious!

• Haha 1

"No no no no!  Not "I"....it's "Y".  Like in Y-M-C-A!!!  Now once again, from the top."
"Music!!!!!"

PM, there's no need to feel down
I said, PM, pick yourself off the ground
I said, PM, cause you're new in the town
There's no need to be unhappy........

prayuth-chan-ocha1-112316.jpg.1b378227cacf61e208e2eb247d7efbe5.jpg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

... I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been frustrated to find myself having to slow down behind dawdling  Thais in malls and supermarkets ....

Yes, indeed. It drives me crazy. I always say that if Thais walk any more slowly, time will reverse itself and they will start walking backwards! 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 4:25 PM, Darcula said:

Untitled.png.194f8ccf303e9da8ac34bb333952c1ad.png

Needs a pint of beer on his head -  up, down, drink the beer - one of my favourite tricks in my younger days. As for Thais walking, give me a break. The Thais around here think I'm weird cos I walk to the Amphur (10 mins) rather than take the 10bt motorsye taxi. 

19 minutes ago, nausea said:

Needs a pint of beer on his head -  up, down, drink the beer - one of my favourite tricks in my younger days. As for Thais walking, give me a break. The Thais around here think I'm weird cos I walk to the Amphur (10 mins) rather than take the 10bt motorsye taxi. 

I do the same (walk, not balance the pint). They only claim you and I are weird because they won't admit the truth - they're too lazy.