No Gecko

bankruatsteve

I started this thread as information for a product that seems to work as a deterrent for geckos living in your space.  Many have posted that they like the buggers and don't seem to mind the scat.  OK but this is about getting them away and no scat.

So, if you like geckos and their scat, start your own thread.  Thank you.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

That's right. They are quite harmless and eat 10 times their weight in bugs. 

Agree, they are harmless, one lives in Thailand and trying to kill them? If they bother you then what about the billions of ants and Peters which there are thousands living in your drains and shitter.

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

Does it have a detectable lingering smell? Could be a viable alternative to moth-balls for those who don't want their entire home smelling of napthalene.

It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

What? The geckos are your insect repellents. I always welcome them when I see them. They eat all the other nasties around. Cost nothing.

1 minute ago, jgarbo said:

What? The geckos are your insect repellents. I always welcome them when I see them. They eat all the other nasties around. Cost nothing.

Tokays also eat cockroaches and small mice in addition to insects and are pretty.  Tokay poop smells bad though.  I imagine it is the roaches or some small rat they eat.

9 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Please don't get me wrong, the little chaps (and the big boy who lives in the shed) are most welcome to come and eat as many bugs etc. as they can.

Where we don't want them is inside Madams "nick-nack" cupboards and anything electrical where they can damage themselves (and the electrics).

• Like 1

Anyone out there know a spray for cats.......They come every night and spray on the car wheels etc.....awful smell, then when I go into town every other animal feels the urge to do the same. Have tried moth balls around the carport, but they simply spray the patio furniture instead !!! :crying:

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Anyone out there know a spray for cats.......They come every night and spray on the car wheels etc.....awful smell, then when I go into town every other animal feels the urge to do the same. Have tried moth balls around the carport, but they simply spray the patio furniture instead !!! :crying:

The old trick for cat repellent is the water in the pladtic bottles. Loads of people do this.

Then there is the cayenne pepper that you can buy and throw about

I tried it to stop the dogs leaving their mess outside my gate. Worked a treat, now i need earplugs so i cant hear them coughing and sneezing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

The old trick for cat repellent is the water in the pladtic bottles. Loads of people do this.

Then there is the cayenne pepper that you can buy and throw about

I tried it to stop the dogs leaving their mess outside my gate. Worked a treat, now i need earplugs so i cant hear them coughing and sneezing

Thanks for that. I have tried the coke bottle with water, but it didn't work. Cayenne pepper sounds good....:thumbsup:

On 9/7/2018 at 4:47 AM, CharlieH said:

We have been using it for a few years now and the wife swears by it.! We buy the 3 bottle deal for 550 delivered.?

Bought a bottle yesterday at Tops....189 baht for the 200 mll. bottle.....Lazada 236 baht :whistling:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Bought a bottle yesterday at Tops....189 baht for the 200 mll. bottle.....Lazada 236 baht :whistling:

Great ! If you happen to be in town at the time. For me it would be a 50km roundtrip.I'd rather pay a liittle over and have it brought to my door !

But I only paid 184 delivered? 

• Like 1

The geckos I have no problem with but I seem to have a family of tookays in my loft space . They seem to come and go but one has some how got in the house into a bedroom. I bought humane traps to try catch it but where it hides is the worst place possible in the room. The air con people installed the unit above a window and cut the coving to fit it in. This left a gap of about 8 cm to the ceiling which is to tight for the trap I bought .When they cut the coving they didn't seal it so now a croc size tookay lives inside the coving .I have left the window open during day for weeks at a time but still hasn't left and is shitting all over the room , bed , walls. It seems to sit on the air unit and once I open the door it bolts inside the coving. I want to get rid of it without hurting it but its getting to a point its got to go. Im going to try the stuff from lazada after that its remove it at all costs. God knows what its eating to survive as there is nothing in the house running around or flying around it can eat.

Edited by ronaldo0

10 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

The geckos I have no problem with but I seem to have a family of tookays in my loft space . T

https://undergroundreptiles.com/shop/tokay-gecko/

Now These Geckos Can Have A Bit Of An Attitude But With Consistent Handling And Care They Can Mellow Out although they are Hungry Carnivores.  

tokay-gecko.jpg

Edited by marcusarelus

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

https://undergroundreptiles.com/shop/tokay-gecko/

Now These Geckos Can Have A Bit Of An Attitude But With Consistent Handling And Care They Can Mellow Out although they are Hungry Carnivores.  

tokay-gecko.jpg

I know them as they are what I have in my house. I removed 2 already by grabbing them with an oven glove . Bitey things. Very odd though as they only turned up in last year. 3 years before none at all.

3 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

I know them as they are what I have in my house. I removed 2 already by grabbing them with an oven glove . Bitey things. Very odd though as they only turned up in last year. 3 years before none at all.

I feel sorry for them as they are considered a sex drug and people kill them to sell to China or Canada I can't remember where I read it. 

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Lazada today: 160 Baht each (3 for 479) don't forget the coupons ?

Is that for "NO GECKO" or something else?  Where do you get coupons?  I only see packs of 1 or 2 and a gallon refill size.  Can you post a link?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/nogecko-200-ml-3-i3292887-s4009183.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.bestshown_1.7.38af15a9rx4xeD&search=1

Copy/paste promotions code & it's B479 for 3 as Sometimewoodworker stated. Maybe today only. ???

I had a bottle of that from way back when & in the name of science sprayed 1/2 of our front entry last night. There's 2-4 Geckos hunting in that area every night consistently. One of them marched right through the sprayed area and worked that area for about an hour, than backed off to an unsprayed area.

That's not enough data to reach a conclusion ? but I'll run the experiment again tonight  & post if interested.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bankruatsteve said:

Is that for "NO GECKO" or something else?  Where do you get coupons?  I only see packs of 1 or 2 and a gallon refill size.  Can you post a link?

You may need to use the app, I did, so I don't know that you can post a link from the app.

IMG_4823.PNG.faa81be120353b9f53ac3d6d64fed38a.PNG

IMG_4824.thumb.PNG.e2506e8daebb9bfe34d6aac0b5a6cae1.PNG

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, r136dg said:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/nogecko-200-ml-3-i3292887-s4009183.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.bestshown_1.7.38af15a9rx4xeD&search=1

Copy/paste promotions code & it's B479 for 3 as Sometimewoodworker stated. Maybe today only. ???

I had a bottle of that from way back when & in the name of science sprayed 1/2 of our front entry last night. There's 2-4 Geckos hunting in that area every night consistently. One of them marched right through the sprayed area and worked that area for about an hour, than backed off to an unsprayed area.

That's not enough data to reach a conclusion ? but I'll run the experiment again tonight  & post if interested.

Why not? They say you need to do it every day for the first few days.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 1:52 PM, chezy86 said:

I’ve tried it and the moth balls neither is 100%. In the end we decided to live with it. They don’t seem to like the cat though I have found and in the rooms he is allowed in a significant decrease in lizard <deleted> has been noticed. They do eat the mozies and spiders though which is a plus 

I agree they are very efficient in keeping the bugs down and indeed are very welcome when the flying ants come down. The skill is in keeping the gecko levels down to a reasonable level so you don't get a lot of mess on your walls. This is where the cats come in, I have two, They catch and eat the house geckos so I have created an eco balance. I have enough geckos to keep the bugs down and two cats to keep the geckos down. Works perfect for me.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:32 PM, jossthaifarang said:

These badboys are the answer, about 10 - 15 times the size of a normal gecko this is a "Tokay" gecko.. It will sort out all the insects an gecko's, just dont let it bite you on the toe, you will feel that. They are just as common in Thailand and do tend to keep to themselves..

Image result for tokay gecko

I do everything I can to keep these beasties away. The young immature ones are ok but when they reach maturity and search for a mate they make a dreadful noise all night so you have little chance to sleep. Their mating call sounds a lot like F.... You. Very rude, And should a second turn up they will fight like two gladiators.

5 minutes ago, ResandePohm said:

I do everything I can to keep these beasties away. The young immature ones are ok but when they reach maturity and search for a mate they make a dreadful noise all night so you have little chance to sleep. Their mating call sounds a lot like F.... You. Very rude, And should a second turn up they will fight like two gladiators.

Mine is polite.  I say hi to him when we meet daily.  At night he may call a couple of times but is then quiet.  He does poop a lot and I can tell what he eats by the poop I clean up.  

• Haha 1