Dutch Lady Found Wandering Streets North Pattaya

Jaonghais

At 10.30pm this evening we were walking down Pattaya Nua and turned into Pattaya 3rd Road. There was a dutch lady in distress and we stopped to offer assistance. She cant remember the hotel that she was staying at. Her name is Anna van As aged 62 years old and has been in Pattaya for 2 days. Can anyone help us.

According to this lady she was robbed and spent last night at the Pattaya Police station on Beach Rd. The police were unable to help. I rang the police myself tonight and they stated that there was nothng that they could do for her.

I rang the Tourist Police on 1155 at 11pm and they stated OK Ok but couldn't give us any assistance.

Ater talking to her she seems to suffer from some form of mental disorder.

We have given her a bed for the night.

Can you help us

Edited by Jaonghais

Sad story but also strange...

I mean that she's probably not travelling on her own at her age and there must be some people (husband/family or friends) waiting for her and worrying.

It's late now in Thailand but I can try to inform the Dutch newspapers if you like.

Did you try and phone the Dutch Embassy in Bangkok ?

Let me try to find the details of the Embassy and will edit this message, ok?

Is she carrying any ID card or passport ?

edit:

Embassy of The Netherlands:

http://www.mfa.nl/ban-en/homepage

15 Soi Tonson, Ploenchit Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

Tel: +66 (0)2 3095200

Fax: +66 (2)2 3095205

E-mail [email protected]

Contact form:

http://www.mfa.nl/ban-en/algemeen/contact

You may wish to send an email to this contact-form now (if you're still awake) in order to safe time.

Let me know if you want me to act; send me a PM is you wish, ok?

PS: THANK YOU so much for taking care of this Lady; it's good to see there people who care for others !

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

At 10.30pm this evening we were walking down Pattaya Nua and turned into Pattaya 3rd Road. There was a dutch lady in distress and we stopped to offer assistance. She cant remember the hotel that she was staying at. Her name is Anna van As aged 62 years old and has been in Pattaya for 2 days. Can anyone help us.

According to this lady she was robbed and spent last night at the Pattaya Police station on Beach Rd. The police were unable to help. I rang the police myself tonight and they stated that there was nothng that they could do for her.

I rang the Tourist Police on 1155 at 11pm and they stated OK Ok but couldn't give us any assistance.

Can you help us

I cant be certain but I read in another forum about a European woman wandering around claiming to have been robbed etc and stung someone for an amount of cash, I cant be certain but think it may of been the Bangkok forum? I'll take a look but your story seems far too familiar... check the BKK forum and see, I definately read it in the last 2 or 3 weeks

Hope this isnt the same lady

Can you help us

I cant be certain but I read in another forum about a European woman wandering around claiming to have been robbed etc and stung someone for an amount of cash, I cant be certain but think it may of been the Bangkok forum? I'll take a look but your story seems far too familiar... check the BKK forum and see, I definately read it in the last 2 or 3 weeks

I seem to remember this, but I think it was in the Pattaya forum. I am sure it was a Dutch lady, but I just tried to find the post without success

Hope you're right.... :D:o

This is the link (General topics):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102301

Maybe the OP can read the first message and decide if there are similarities in the story...

Excerpt from the OP's first message (link above):

" How it started:

(Just for some background, she is a tall, bigger woman in her 40s or 50s. English is her second language (guessing she's Dutch or Danish) and she claims to be from South Africa. She wears baggy pants, t-shirts, runners and a neon green canvas purse. "

Jaonghais: does this in any way looks familiar to the Dutch woman you 'hosted' last night ?

LaoPo

Hope you're right.... :D:o

This is the link (General topics):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102301

Maybe the OP can read the first message and decide if there are similarities in the story...

Excerpt from the OP's first message (link above):

" How it started:

(Just for some background, she is a tall, bigger woman in her 40s or 50s. English is her second language (guessing she's Dutch or Danish) and she claims to be from South Africa. She wears baggy pants, t-shirts, runners and a neon green canvas purse. "

Jaonghais: does this in any way looks familiar to the Dutch woman you 'hosted' last night ?

LaoPo

She has her passport with her. Issued in the Netherlands 4 Jan 2005. Height 1.7m

She has a Tourist VIsa for 60 days. Landed at Suvaranphumbi 6th Feb 2007.

Anna is travelling alone. In fact has stated that she is running away.

This is what she is suffering from, Artereitis Temporalis and takes Prednisonol (her words)

Believes that the hotel she is staying in is in the Pattaya Nua/Pattaya 3rd Rd area where she is playing 550 baht a night.

At the moment she is still at my townhouse.

The description does not fit this woman other than the fact that English is her second lanuage, she is Dutch, wears baggy pants and T-shirt

She has her passport with her. Issued in the Netherlands 4 Jan 2005. Height 1.7m

This is what she is suffering from, Artereitis Temporalis and takes Prednisonol (her words)

Believes that the hotel she is staying in is in the Pattaya Nua/Pattaya 3rd Rd area where she is playing 550 baht a night.

The description does not fit this woman other than the fact that English is her second lanuage, she is Dutch, wears baggy pants and T-shirt

Thanks for the update.

So, what are you going to do now ? I assume it makes no (further) sense to alarm the Dutch authorities, does it ? Since she's running away (from something/-one)

Maybe it's a good idea to make a copy of her pasport (if she allows you that is) in case something happens along the line (medication, mental situation and such).

LaoPo

Thanks for the update.

So, what are you going to do now ? I assume it makes no (further) sense to alarm the Dutch authorities, does it ? Since she's running away (from something/-one)

Maybe it's a good idea to make a copy of her pasport (if she allows you that is) in case something happens along the line (medication, mental situation and such).

LaoPo

She has agreed to copying her passport and also to post her photo here (how do I do this other than an attachment). Not the actions of a con artist to agreed with this!

Thanks for the update.

LaoPo

She has agreed to copying her passport and also to post her photo here (how do I do this other than an attachment). Not the actions of a con artist to agreed with this!

Thai police can not help. Tourist police don't care. Nobody available Dutch Embassy till 1pm. Yes what am I to do?

There has been a French woman con artsit about for years - has a kid with her and the story is she was robbed and only needs money for departure tax and taxi to airport.

This is BKK though and much younger

We have sent her to the Tourist police as there is nothing that we can do for her. Evidently she caught a baht bus to look for her hotel and was unable to pay the fare and the driver took her ring. I hope this work out fine in the end!

There has been a French woman con artsit about for years - has a kid with her and the story is she was robbed and only needs money for departure tax and taxi to airport.

This is BKK though and much younger

We have sent her to the Tourist police as there is nothing that we can do for her. Evidently she caught a baht bus to look for her hotel and was unable to pay the fare and the driver took her ring. I hope this work out fine in the end!

Looks like she's already been robbed if she lost her ring to ride a baht bus :o

The tall woman con artist was on the Bangkok forum, duped an english teacher for about 5000 THB

Not the same woman

The one I was referring to was a few weeks back when I am sure I read a confused woman was found wandering (I thought around Soi Buakhow) and I seem to remember her being Dutch.

Can anyone remember this or am I going round the bend?

How come no-one knows her? Have to present and photo copy passport wherever you stay in Pattaya - Thailand as a whole as far as I recall. Surely immigration know something about her she did'nt appear here as if by magic and they (officials of whatever) must have done some kind of check on that, landing cards etc! Bet problem sorted soon if been some young blonde thing touting for work, or teacher of english!

Artereitis Temporalis

I hope she has enough medication with her, this is a serious condition and will cause reduced mental capacity and confusion if unmedicated

I can understand her situation, you only need to forget a hotel name and if you are not carrying any reference and are not familiar with the city you are staying............could be a big problem

if she was robbed it would be safe to assume she lost her bag etc.......very sad indeed

her entry card should state where she is staying

Little bit of an update..............this lady was indeed robbed.

Just been watching PCN on Sophon.........Howard doing the report, She had her handbag stolen as she was walking along the road...........footage showed the lady in hospital on a stretcher (presumably as a precaution).

Wouldn't you think either the hospital or the cops would of shown a little more interest in her predicament?

Sad state of affairs really.