Five women among 114 arrested on Bangkok road racing charges

rooster59

By The Nation

Police stopped and arrested 114 motorcyclists on charges of racing on Bangkok roads on Friday night.

The joint operation targeted roads in Prawet and Lat Krabang districts. The tourist police, drug suppression police and the Metropolitan Police Division 4 were led by Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal, deputy commissioner of the Tourist Police Bureau.

Surachet held a press conference in front of Seacon Square at 2am on Saturday to announce the results of the operation.

He said 39 of the arrested were under 18 and five of the 114 suspects were women. He added that 139 motorcycles were seized.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354018

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-08

22 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Wish they would ban those damned loud exhausts that young Thai men seem to think are a must have item.

Technically! they are banned as exceed allowable decibels, but like anything involving BIB here little to no enforcement.

I would guess that the traffic cops in Bangkok all suffer from hearing damage, standing out listening to the screaming exhausts of the motorbikes, the trucks are even worse, yet they do nothing! ? 

2 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

five of the 114 suspects were women. He added that 139 motorcycles were seized.

How do we get 114 riders on 139 bikes?

Some were three up with four hands on the bars...I must say the five birds are right up my street...?

1 minute ago, trainman34014 said:

Crush the Bikes and keep crushing them until they learn it will not be tolerated....or until there are no Bikes left !

It would be a lot easier if the BiB did their job and be SEEN on a daily basis...I was young once and did stuff, but the BiB sorted me and others out...

3 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

... actually it is a 'must have' if one has to compensate for small brains & even smaller peckers ...

Not just young Thai men but older Thai morons with a loud pick up truck are just as bad, if not worse

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Why is this a headline?  5 women and 109 men arrested.  So what should those 5 women be doing?  Sitting at home barefoot and pregnant?  Maybe the gals like road racing? 

Dear Thailand.  Do yourself and your citizens a favor and build some municipal race tracks then run sanctioned, safe races for those who wish to participate.  Plus you get these people off of the streets. 

Archived