Yes, It's Another CM Immigration Thread

Shoeless Joe

The question is...

Is it only in Chiang Mai where the immigration processes are seemingly more complicated than necessary and the users of the immigration services are treated so poorly?

I'm thinking of for example: the need to queue at ridiculously early morning hours for renewal of 90 day reports and visa renewals etc, causing an enormous degree of difficulty for everyone and especially older and disabled ex-pats? Does this happen at the other immigration offices and do they condone the use of "line sitters" or even require them? Where there's (seemingly) a wild variation regarding the interpretation of the various requirements for submission of documents (e.g.TM30's and TM28's etc)? Where the need to photocopy many documents several times is deemed necessary (only for the immigration officer to blithely throw many of the photocopies away when they are presented) and where (it now seems) a sudden need for photocopies of documents submitted by ex-pats to the (British?) embassy for proof of income is also mandatory now and where completed documents are rejected because they're not in blue ink?

I have a friend who lives in Nan province and it seems there are few queues and the system and the immigration officers there are much more user friendly, . Whilst agreeing that the numbers of ex-pats in Nan are much fewer, he is always amazed at the colossal waste of time imposed on those needing to use the Chiang Mai immigration office. I've also been assured that there's nothing like the impositions placed on ex-pats in Chiang Mai, at the Bangkok immigration office where they deal with large numbers too.

Is there not an immigration service standard in place across Thailand, or is it that Chiang Mai immigration has been singled out for "special" treatment?

Regards,

Joe

Edited by Shoeless Joe
typo

16 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

I'm thinking of for example: the need to queue at ridiculously early morning hours for renewal of 90 day reports

Anyone who does this will probably have a hard time getting through life anywhere. 

• Haha 1