Williams fined $17,000 for U.S. Open code violations

webfact

17 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Well, we agree on this one...haha. She sure does have a history of it...even threatened a foot fault linesman for a call too a while back. Nasty entitled woman but gets away with it for obvious reasons.

You lost me with the "obvious reasons" what would those be besides her mindblowing tennis abilities?

17 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Yes, I recall that she was booed on that occasion for shouting that she was entitled to have her say because it was called free speech and SHE was an AMERICAN.  That did not go down well with the crowd.  

17 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Yes, I recall that she was booed on that occasion for shouting that she was entitled to have her say because it was called free speech and SHE was an AMERICAN.  That did not go down well with the crowd.  

17 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Disgusting lying woman,even her coach admited he had coached her from the sidelines,

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Disgusting lying woman,even her coach admited he had coached her from the sidelines,

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

IIMO your problem lies deeper than coaching from the sidelines, which (btw) is commonly regarded as acceptable :dry:

Edited by Dap

1 minute ago, Dap said:

IIMO your problem lies deeper than coaching from the sidelines, which is commonly regarded as acceptable :dry:

No, coaching is not acceptable at grand slam events.

I believe her when she says she did not see the directions given by the coach, but that is no excuse for her outbursts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No, coaching is not acceptable at grand slam events.

I believe her when she says she did not see the directions given by the coach, but that is no excuse for her outbursts.

"but that is no excuse for her outbursts."  

I agree. My argument lies with McEnroe & Connors actions being acceptable whereas Serena's are not.  

2 minutes ago, Dap said:

Wasn't responding to you ivor, but to a response from stevenl. Please read the post.

Yes, but McEnroe and Connors had nothing to do with my post as well.

You're confusing even yourself here.

• Like 1

Gentlemen, please refer to my original post.   

"Just gotta' laugh at all the grousing over Serena sullying the "graceful" sport when if it wasn't for Connors and

McEnroe bitchin' up a storm that same "graceful" sport wouldn't enjoy the massive following it does today. "

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, but McEnroe and Connors had nothing to do with my post as well.

You're confusing even yourself here.

Nor my original post. Please see above

?

Edited by Dap

Gymnastics would be one of the  few events that women can excell at.

Womens  beach volleyball and  indoor volleyball are popular simply because guys like perving at their bodies.

Synchronized swimming is garbage so they give you underwater shots for the perving .

Its impossible to prove that the 800th ranked man would beat Serena  because she wont play him.

But its irrelevant.

As i said earlier, transfer the top 10 women across to the mens ATP tour in 2019 and you'll never see them again.

They wont get enough points to get into even the most lowly challenger tournaments.

You have to be in the top 200 to have any chance at playing in a slam.

15 minutes ago, lanista said:

Womens  beach volleyball and  indoor volleyball are popular simply because guys like perving at their bodies.

Synchronized swimming is garbage so they give you underwater shots for the perving .

Its impossible to prove that the 800th ranked man would beat Serena  because she wont play him.

But its irrelevant.

As i said earlier, transfer the top 10 women across to the mens ATP tour in 2019 and you'll never see them again.

They wont get enough points to get into even the most lowly challenger tournaments.

A men-women comparison is of no value at all, and totally meaningless, unless talking sports where physical power and speed are not important. Horsebackriding, curling come to mind, but there must be more. And IMO those sports should be mixed, horsebackriding is already, curling should be IMO.

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

A men-women comparison is of no value at all, and totally meaningless, unless talking sports where physical power and speed are not important. Horsebackriding, curling come to mind, but there must be more. And IMO those sports should be mixed, horsebackriding is already, curling should be IMO.

agree,

you can add big-boat sailing and probably casting and archery

• Like 1

never minding many of the sex or race issues, this seems as much a roid rage as anything else.  Now just about all sports have had athletes that were exceptional and stood out from all the others in performance, stamina, size, strength, durability etc.  Some were just studs, and had high natural levels of testosterone or whatever. But Serena's size as compared to every other women tennis player I have seen raises an eyebrow, especially when compared to her sister who has a radically different looking body type.  Now did Serena just have a tremendous weight lifting and body building regimen?  don't know.

25 minutes ago, teatree said:

I was pointing out that he won because you deliberately chose to ignore it, along with all the other times men have beaten women in the sport, because it didn't support your argument.

A 29 year old top female tennis star beat a 55 year old former tennis star who had been retired for 22 years - I accept that.  All it proves is that there is a massive gulf between men and women, otherwise why pick a man so old?  It proves NOTHING.

Care to produce any evidence that a woman can compete in any sport alongside men?

Horseback riding.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lanista said:

But its irrelevant.

I agree, and I think anyone who has been closely involved in any sport would agree as well. Even a sport like pool and billiards where touch and finess are favored over power, a top ten women is nowhere near top standards. 

I just do not see the point though. Who cares? So they are not as good at sports. I do not see the big revelation.