Amphur that provides witnesses for marriage

honda99

Just got my Affidavit and certified copy of passport translated they are now being sent to the ministry of foreign affairs so should be good to get married at the Amphur at end of week or start of next week.

Anybody know which Amphur can be booked that will provide the 2 witnesses? Also any idea how much they will charge for the service?

Thanks.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Don't go Bang Rak, it is always busy and they are a complete bunch of goons there who seem to make up their own rules. They stipulated that we needed a translator for some ridiculous reason, despite no other ones needing it. 

Honda99, we went in July. No appointment needed, no queue and it was free. 

Edited by BobbyL
  • Like 1

Don't go Bang Rak, it is always busy and they are a complete bunch of goons there who seem to make up their own rules. They stipulated that we needed a translator for some ridiculous reason, despite no other ones needing it. 

Honda99, we went in July. No appointment needed, no queue and it was free. 
Thanks for the info

Ratchatewi is where we will go.

5 hours ago, honda99 said:

They stipulated that we needed a translator for some ridiculous reason, despite no other ones needing it. 

This is a normal requirement if foreigner does not read Thai as he must sign document in that language which is the basis of marriage contract and there should not be any misunderstanding - it is for foreigners protection.  There is no need for an official translator - anyone that can speak both Thai and foreigners language (other than spouse) is normally accepted.

This is a normal requirement if foreigner does not read Thai as he must sign document in that language which is the basis of marriage contract and there should not be any misunderstanding - it is for foreigners protection.  There is no need for an official translator - anyone that can speak both Thai and foreigners language (other than spouse) is normally accepted.
Any idea what they may charge to get somebody to translate at the Amphur?

10 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Ratchatewi Amphur didn't require a translator thankfully. 

• Like 1

Went to Ratchatewi Amphur early yesterday morning and they told us that it takes 2 days to married, first day is for them to check all your paperwork and the following day come back to get married,

After hearing this she phoned don muang district and they said they can do so off we went on a taxi.

No hasstles what so ever at don muang the whole process took about 45 minutes, we did have 2 friends of my wife for witnesses and one speak ok English so she did translating which was pretty straight forward,

All in all a pretty good day, now time to apply for an EU family permit so my wife can move to live with me in the UK hopefully that will go as smoothly.

On 9/15/2018 at 4:39 PM, honda99 said:

Went to Ratchatewi Amphur early yesterday morning and they told us that it takes 2 days to married, first day is for them to check all your paperwork and the following day come back to get married,

After hearing this she phoned don muang district and they said they can do so off we went on a taxi.

No hasstles what so ever at don muang the whole process took about 45 minutes, we did have 2 friends of my wife for witnesses and one speak ok English so she did translating which was pretty straight forward,

All in all a pretty good day, now time to apply for an EU family permit so my wife can move to live with me in the UK hopefully that will go as smoothly.

Sorry to hear that. Very different to our experience at Ratchatewi a few months ago.