Frequently Asked Questions

marshbags

Courtesy of The Nation

Fri, February 9, 2007 : Last updated 0:10 am (Thai local time)

Quote:-

OVERDRIVE

Frequently asked questions on troubled political times

Over the past week, I have had a chance to meet several investment analysts, businessmen and diplomats.

Topics of conversation, of course, revolved around Thai politics, the state of the Thai economy and the country's outlook in the near term. Most of the people I talked to expressed bearish views on Thailand, plagued by as it is confusion and uncertainty, at least between now and the end of this year.

The consensus was that things are going to get worse before they get better. Confidence within the business community has plummeted, as has consumer confidence. There is not going to be any big macroeconomic story from Thailand, as politics has become the overriding factor. The wounds from the polarisation in Thai society created by ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra won't be resolved overnight.

I have compiled the 10 most frequently asked questions, along with my answers, from my discussions this past week.

Unquote.

Please go to url. for the full article:-

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/02/09...on_30026374.php

An interesting observation along with relevant answers as seen by various professional establishments.

marshbags :o

P.S.

Scrolled for a duplicate post / headline, but couldn,t find one, apologies if it is by the way in advance.

Edited by marshbags