Lost passport with Non O retirement visa

Lost passport with retirement visa stamp.

There I was, at Suvarnabhumi, waiting to receive my just purchased re entry permit, noting the frivolity I could hear the Thai gals  in immigration were enjoying with one another. It made me smile.

30 some laborious nerve fraying  flying  hours later I was verbally duking it out with a recalcitrant Somali immigre taxi driver in Portland Oregon who was all pissed off at the short distance I wanted to travel to my hotel, and the fact he wouldn’t make much money on the deal. The only thing in the world on my mind at that point was a quiet space with a bed.

That’s when,  I believe,  my passport with a newly minted one year extension ( my third) on a Non O retirement visa,   slipped away from my awareness and possession. Hard to know for sure. In any case...

Yada yada and I now have a new passport and am scheduled to return to to the LOS  early Oct.

I have a picture of my old passport face page 

I have a picture of the visa stamp and extension in said passport

I still posses the receipt for the re entry permit.

A few questions.

I will only be staying in the LOS 3 weeks and thus will posses an exit ticket.  

How to enter the kingdom? Will visa exempt be a the  way to go?

When they enter my passport number will it show the Ret. visa, extension and re entry permit on the old passport? Chaos at immigration after a long flight....

I’m starting to get excited to see the official machinery propelled into action.

What to do once there in terms of re issuance of that extension or, will application  for a new visa and or extension of stay be the thing that needs doing?

A call to the Los Angeles consulate was predictably... unilluminating, shall we say.

What to do, what to do...

Thoughts, suggestions warnings?

When you arrive visa-exempt with your new passport, the Thai immigration officer will give you the arrival stamp with the 30-day permission to stay without batting an eye. 

If you subsequently want to get annual retirement extensions again, you have to start from scratch with with an application for a non-O visa at your immigration office. They have a special form for this, forgot its TM number.

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry? Airport immigration cannot do anything to restore your extension of stay?

Do you have a police report for your lost passport? Having that will help at immigration here.

You will need to go to the immigration office where your extension was done to try and have your extension of stay reinstated. Having copies of your old passport will help. Also this completed Lost Passport Form may help.

I don't think they will be able reinstate your re-entry permit since you local office did not issue it.

• Thanks 1

I will go for the visa exempt entry, although I do wonder what will come up on their computer, regarding my status.

My  Non O with one year extension was granted at  Prathum  Thani immigration.

Since having moved into Bangkok  my last two extensions were handled at Chiang Wattana. Thanks for the form. 

Feel rather foolish for not thinking that they would have a form and process.

It is recommended to not file a police report for a lost passport as there is no crime involved. I did call the State Dept and report it lost, straight away whereupon they cancelled it.

A few weeks later when applying for a new passport whilst in the states, ya have to fill out the lost or stolen passport form along with application  for a new one.

I will see if I can get a copy or a statement from State Dept or US embassy.

Thankyou Ubon Joe

Thankyou Maestro

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tatertot said:

It is recommended to not file a police report for a lost passport as there is no crime involved.

Not sure who told you or where your read that. In reality there is fine line between lost or stolen. If it was lost and not returned then it could be considered stolen.

It is certainly something immigration here will ask for.

• Like 1

If you do get lucky and are able to have your visa and extension replaced into your new passport, you could try to get the Multi Re-entry stamp replaced...no harm in trying.

I discovered early this year when I renewed my US passport (not lost) that although I could replace my visa and extension stamp free of charge at CW, they could not do the Multi Entry stamp as it was issued at Suvarnabhumi immigration, not CW.  It was easy to do my next trip to the airport but I had the luxury of having my old, cancelled PP to show them.  As I said, maybe worth a shot. Having a police report certainly wouldn't hurt your cause.

• Like 1

Having just gone through a similar experience at Ibiza airport, where my laptop bag was stolen right at the arrivals baggage carousel, I feel for you.

However, extensive discussions have resulted in only 2 options: 1) re-apply in your home country for a fresh Non-O-A, then continue as normal each year at Chaeng Wattana etc or 2) enter Thailand on a tourist visa or visa exempt and apply at CW to convert to Non-O (note you cannot get Non-O-A unless you are in your home country). 

I had multiple entry multi year valid visas to the US, Canada, Schengen zone - none of the embassies will transfer the stamps to the new passport, all have to be re-applied for. 

Thanks all for your thoughts. talked to State today. need to write them a letter to aquire a copy of that "lost passport " form I filled out.

Seems rather odd to file a police report a month after the fact and having already acquired my new passport, but I will give the local po po a jingle.

As you point out moe, it is an official document that states the thing is "missing"

Or would that be the boys in brown you all are referring to in terms of getting a report?? 

yeah dddave I had recently done the same with my now lost passport although I did not have any re entry permit other than the single, acquired at Bhumi

seems rather odd with the re entry only being able to be done by the original office.TIT

Again, thank you all.

edit: So there appears to be no limit to the length of time that has elapsed in regards to filing a police report. The operative thing seems to be that one "swears" to the the facts on the official  po po report. Makes sense that immigration might want that.

back to Portland,,,,ew.

Ubon joe    I read that here

https://www.g3passports.com/stolen-passport-police-report/

Edited by Tatertot
update

A little off topic again, I'm not sure how to start a topic here on Thai visa, went to jomtien immi for a re-entry permit yesterday, all good in and out in about 10 minutes, on way out asked lady at front desk for notification of address form, she said no longer required cause I'm staying in Thailand on a 1 year ext of permission to stay, Ubonjoe you are the encyclopedia of these types of matters here in Los, does this sound right to you. Thx 

4 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

A little off topic again, I'm not sure how to start a topic here on Thai visa, went to jomtien immi for a re-entry permit yesterday, all good in and out in about 10 minutes, on way out asked lady at front desk for notification of address form, she said no longer required cause I'm staying in Thailand on a 1 year ext of permission to stay, Ubonjoe you are the encyclopedia of these types of matters here in Los, does this sound right to you. Thx 

Easy to start a new topic. Just click this button at the top of page one of this forum or others. image.png.0ad770bab2492ff8f7b82a0813ecf2dc.png

I assume you wanted a TM30 form. There are mixed reports for Jomtien about wanting one every time you enter the country. It seems you got the same answer that others have gotten that are on extensions of stay.

17 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

All this worry to replace your lost visa,which with the re entry visa comes to 2900 baht really just forget it and get a month entry visa and that you can extend for one month if you want to stay longer 

You apparently do not understand what was in his lost passport. He had a one year extension of stay not a visa,

He wants to stay much longer than another 30 days.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Easy to start a new topic. Just click this button at the top of page one of this forum or others. image.png.0ad770bab2492ff8f7b82a0813ecf2dc.png

I assume you wanted a TM30 form. There are mixed reports for Jomtien about wanting one every time you enter the country. It seems you got the same answer that others have gotten that are on extensions of stay.

Yes correct Joe, was a TM30 I asked for,well I can just wait and hope for the best.