Thailand's aviation industry development under way: Transport minister

webfact

Thailand's aviation industry development under way: Transport minister

avi.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 13 September 2018 (NNT) - Thailand's aviation sector is being prepared in line with world safety standards to facilitate the growth of passenger flights. 

Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith presided over the opening ceremony of ICAO – EASA Forum on Civil Aviation in South East Asia at the ICAO Asia-Pacific office in Bangkok organized by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). 

One of the topics was the common aviation market between ASEAN and Europe following the opening of free civil aviation market in ASEAN, where Thailand has an advantage for increased capacity and preparedness, compared to the neighboring countries. 

He said the seven percent growth in South East Asia's civil aviation sector over the past five to 10 years has prompted Thailand to expand airports to accommodate its passenger growth.

Thailand has planned to expand three major airports, namely Suvarnabhumi, Don Muang, and U-tapao international airports to accommodate a total of 190 million passengers per year and to improve air traffic navigation systems with the use of advanced technology from early 2019. 

The Thai authorities are assuring safety standards for aviation, which refers to the regulations of drones, which require official authorization before launch into the air. 

He added that THAI airline firm has planned to procure 23 new airplanes to replace those being put out of service and to meet with demands in the first-class passenger market.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-09-13

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That seems an alarming statement. How long haven't they been in line with world safety standards?

Or do they have their own version - whirled safety standards?

Their own version of course. Look up why that Thai can not plan any new routs to the US or The UK Something to do with safety standards.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That seems an alarming statement. How long haven't they been in line with world safety standards?

Seems like it as a Thai airways flight had to turn back to BKK today because of hydraulic problems  with its landing gear 30 mins after take-off..  Considering the gear comes up shortly after take-off why did it take 30 mins to return in what would have been a declared emergency landing request.  Well depends on what safety standards are adhered to I guess.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I've flewn with many Thai pilots and i seriously can't understand a word of their english....I think it's very dangerous...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thian said:

In case of emergency i also can't how the skinny crew can help farang from around 100 kilo. Even the pilots have no muscles at all and look like bookkeepers.

The pilot's job is to fly the plane.  I don't think being a bodybuilder is a requirement anywhere in the world.  What a ridiculous set of posts in this thread.

So, out of interest, seeing as you obviously don't fly on Thai because of all these dangers, which airline do you choose that has beefy pilots and massive muscular stewardesses that can haul fat people around with ease?   I'm concerned about my safety too now so would appreciate you sharing your advice.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

The pilot's job is to fly the plane.  I don't think being a bodybuilder is a requirement anywhere in the world.  What a ridiculous set of posts in this thread.

So, out of interest, seeing as you obviously don't fly on Thai because of all these dangers, which airline do you choose that has beefy pilots and massive muscular stewardesses that can haul fat people around with ease?   I'm concerned about my safety too now so would appreciate you sharing your advice.

Mate if you can't see the danger of having a 40kg stewardess who has to rescue a 100 kilo passenger than i have nothing to answer you...

17 minutes ago, Thian said:

Mate if you can't see the danger of having a 40kg stewardess who has to rescue a 100 kilo passenger than i have nothing to answer you...

Probability? If I ever read that a plane has crashed and only two people, (despite the impact and the raging fire), were lost due to 40 kg flight attendant unable to rescue obese passenger, I will recall this post, until then........................... ?

Edited by CGW
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Thian said:

I couldn't put it any better than CGW above.    And again I'll ask you which airline is it that you select based on the weight and / or muscularity of their crew?  It's obviously a real concern for you.

Then perhaps you can tell which airlines impose a minimum weight limit on their crew.  Minimum height / reach, yes, but weight nope - it is not important as  long they as they are a healthy weight for their height.

I'll take my chances with the 40kg stewardesses thanks.  You can go with Air Pork if it makes you feel safer.

• Haha 1