Applying (Non -O, Thai kids) at Savannakhet

You would only be able to get a single entry non-o visa. They will not issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

If you have a work permit, that means you already have a non B business visa...

The non O family visa specifies that you are not authorized to work.

Or you wait until November to make the change...

Edited by Brunolem

17 minutes ago, benunal said:

I have a work permit as well up to Nov. 19 but not listed as a shareholder or Managing Director.. Would I be able to get a year there or only a single entry?

You would still only be able to get a single entry non-o visa. The only multiple entry visa they issue is a non-o based upon marriage.

You could get a multiple entry non-o in Penang if you can show 400k baht in a bank or proof of 40k baht income.

8 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

If you have a work permit, that means you already have a non O business visa...

The non O family visa specifies that you are not authorized to work.

I think you meant a non-b visa not a non-o business visa.

A parent of a Thai can have a work permit and work with a non-o visa. Same for one based upon marriage.

• Like 1

Understand this part. Just wondering as well about the Non-B renewal visa in Savannakhet.. Because Penang doesn't give a multiple entry Visa but single only if you're not a shareholder or Managing Director of the company. So my the question Is the Thai consulate does giving this multiple entry visa for Non-B even without being a Shareholder or Managing Director of the company?

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you meant a non-b visa not a non-o business visa.

A parent of a Thai can have a work permit and work with a non-o visa. Same for one based upon marriage.

I didn't know that...thanks.

Anyway, the OP already having a non B and a work permit, what would be the point of applying for a non O?

Just wondering.. because Penang doesn’t give multiple anymore without being a shareholder or managing director.. try to find a way to get this one year..

What about then getting a multiple entry Non-B visa in Savannakhet? Is it possible there without being a shareholder or managing director of a company?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, benunal said:

What about then getting a multiple entry Non-B visa in Savannakhet?

The do not issue multiple entry non-b visas at all. They only issue single entry non-b visas.

If you got a single entry non-o visa you could extend the 90 day entry form it for 60 days to visit your child at immigration.

27 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Anyway, the OP already having a non B and a work permit, what would be the point of applying for a non O?

An extension for working is tied to your job. If you leave your current job, and either are not working for a while, or applying for a new job, your permission to stay ends, and you have to scramble to find a way to stay. As a general rule, an extension based on marriage or a Thai child is more flexible and a better choice. It remains valid through changes of jobs and periods not working.

• Like 1

Great answer! So what would be the easiest way to get a long Non-O visa being related to my Thaï national kids only? Is showing a work permit make it possible if company not open all year? Any consulate/Embassy would do it?

37 minutes ago, benunal said:

Great answer! So what would be the easiest way to get a long Non-O visa being related to my Thaï national kids only?

I wrote about it before here.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could get a multiple entry non-o in Penang if you can show 400k baht in a bank or proof of 40k baht income.

Having a work will not help when you apply for. You could proof of your income from working to apply for it.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would only be able to get a single entry non-o visa. They will not issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You will need their birth certificate plus a compy and a copy of their house book registry.

They also ask a copy of the mother's ID card.
Also, better let her sign all documents you'll hand over.

This is a close enough topic for my question I hope.

Is it posible to get an extension on a multi entry non-o as a parent anywhere?

Yes my kid is sertified as mine in court now.Not married and not 50 yet.

Hope I dont need to go back to my own country to get a new one every year.

When I got it all they wanted was a birth-sertifcate and a bank-statement of around 200k.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

When I got it all they wanted was a birth-sertifcate and a bank-statement of around 200k.

Thanks

You can apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon being the parent of a Thai and you are the legal father of your child. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

If you want another multiple entry non-o visa you can apply at the consulate in Penang. You will need 400k baht in a bank or proof of income.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon being the parent of a Thai and you are the legal father of your child. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

If you want another multiple entry non-o visa you can apply at the consulate in Penang. You will need 400k baht in a bank or proof of income.

Thanks alot UBJ.Always much better then search.?

19 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

Thanks

If you previously have a multiple entry Non O from home country on the basis of your court certified Thai child, you will likely be able to get additional multiple entry Non O visas in Penang. The money you will need to show in the bank is 400,000 baht. It has not been reported possible elsewhere in the region in recent years.

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you previously have a multiple entry Non O from home country on the basis of your court certified Thai child, you will likely be able to get additional multiple entry Non O visas in Penang. The money you will need to show in the bank is 400,000 baht. It has not been reported possible elsewhere in the region in recent years.

Why do I want to go to Penang if I can extend it at my local immigration based on only 40k income?

I guess you ment if I did not have any visa in the first place? Then I did not need to go all the way back to my own country to get it.And that Penang only aprooves 400k in the bank and no income axcepted.

Edited by Odin Norway

1 hour ago, Odin Norway said:

Why do I want to go to Penang if I can extend it at my local immigration based on only 40k income?

I guess you ment if I did not have any visa in the first place? Then I did not need to go all the way back to my own country to get it.And that Penang only aprooves 400k in the bank and no income axcepted.

I'm in exactly the same situation:

- 2 Thai kids from an unmarried partner.

- Fathership document from the Thai court

- 400k in a Thai Bank account for over 2 months

I just emailed Penang but they said the following:

"According to your case, We might to issue Non"O" single entry 90 days after that you have apply for long staying or extent at The immigration office in Thailand "

Perhaps its different if I apply in person and they would still be able to grant me a multi entry non O visa?

1 hour ago, kerr17 said:

I'm in exactly the same situation:

- 2 Thai kids from an unmarried partner.

- Fathership document from the Thai court

- 400k in a Thai Bank account for over 2 months

I just emailed Penang but they said the following:

"According to your case, We might to issue Non"O" single entry 90 days after that you have apply for long staying or extent at The immigration office in Thailand "

Perhaps its different if I apply in person and they would still be able to grant me a multi entry non O visa?

Yea thats the hole difference for me.I go in and out every 2 weeks so a single entry is a waste of time.If I can extend mine anywhere Im happy with that.

On 9/15/2018 at 11:31 AM, Odin Norway said:

If you want to extend an existing permission to stay on a non immigrant entry (the exact form of the original visa being irrelevant) then, as you say, this can be done at an immigration office without leaving Thailand. I believed you wished to know about applying for a Non O multiple entry visa in the region (some prefer this as it avoids needing to interact with the immigration office in Thailand) which is why I gave the answer I did.

40 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you want to extend an existing permission to stay on a non immigrant entry (the exact form of the original visa being irrelevant) then, as you say, this can be done at an immigration office without leaving Thailand. I believed you wished to know about applying for a Non O multiple entry visa in the region (some prefer this as it avoids needing to interact with the immigration office in Thailand) which is why I gave the answer I did.

Okey Tim.I hope i can extend my multi entry from Thailand.I dont have any bad experiences from my immigration office.Hope I dont need to get a new one before my passport run out of pages.Penang is for sure closer then my passport country if needed.

As I said the Penang consultate told me by email that they only give a single entry non O under the circumstances. Did anyone have different experiences lately?
I’d go to Penang for a multi entry but wouldn’t for a single entry.

2 minutes ago, kerr17 said:

As I said the Penang consultate told me by email that they only give a single entry non O under the circumstances. Did anyone have different experiences lately?
I’d go to Penang for a multi entry but wouldn’t for a single entry.

BritTim say this exact words:If you previously have a multiple entry Non O from home country on the basis of your court certified Thai child, you will likely be able to get additional multiple entry Non O visas in Penang. The money you will need to show in the bank is 400,000 baht. It has not been reported possible elsewhere in the region in recent years.

I guess you could get if you have it already but not if you dont. Dont make much sence but alot  of this is not logic.

BritTim say this exact words:If you previously have a multiple entry Non O from home country on the basis of your court certified Thai child, you will likely be able to get additional multiple entry Non O visas in Penang. The money you will need to show in the bank is 400,000 baht. It has not been reported possible elsewhere in the region in recent years.

I guess you could get if you have it already but not if you dont. Dont make much sence but alot  of this is not logic.

So I assume is then possible to get it from your own country? (Multi entry)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

Okey Tim.I hope i can extend my multi entry from Thailand.I dont have any bad experiences from my immigration office.Hope I dont need to get a new one before my passport run out of pages.Penang is for sure closer then my passport country if needed.

Good luck with applying for your extension of permission to stay which should, most likely, go fine. Make sure you understand the differences between such an extension and a multiple entry visa.

10 hours ago, kerr17 said:

So I assume is then possible to get it from your own country? (Multi entry)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes I got mine from my own country only based on birthsertificate and a bankstatement of about 200k.What UbonJoe have already told me here earlier is to extend that visa I only need the sirtification papers or court order on my kid and proof of income.  

As it has been mentioned before, why going abroad when you can
get an extension of stay within the country?

I used to be on yearly Non-B from Penang with Work Permit.
Last year I stopped working, so went to a Visa Agent here
on the Island. All I had to show was my old Blue WP Book,
my Passport and my Savings Account with excess of 800'000 THB.

Cost me 40'000 THB and they got me an extension of stay,
multiple re-entry permit and do the 90 day reporting for me.
No need for me to visit Immigration, Embassies or Consulates.

I even leave my Passport with the Visa Agent so I would not
miss my 90 days deadline and only pick it up should I go away.