Border Crossing Problem at Poi Pet (sa kaeo) (cambodia border)

Hi guys, This is my first post here..

Without wasting your time let me explain my situation and what happened:

So, I have Multi Non-O visa ( married with Thai), and I have to leave Thailand and come back in same day every 90 days. So, I started doing this for 3 years at Poi Phet Thai / Cambodia border. It was so easy.. go to the border, get a cambodia visa and come back to thailand get another 90 days. Sweet.. TILL one new officer there told me I cannot do this anymore because Im abusing this visa... when i asked him whats he talking about, he said its my right to get this visa but not to use like every year ( 3 years doing this visa run) and told me he cannot let me leave the country. So i tried to explain him its my right because i have multi entry and..thats what its for, right?! Well in my head i knew he is kinda right, but im right too. Anyway, after 15 minutes talking he decided to let me go and come back BUT for the last time. And he wrote a small note next to my leaving thailand stamp. ( which is not readable now because of other stamps and its like first pages of my passport) i said ok thnx. when i arrived to Arrivals, i told the story to the officer there and she shocked and tried to call that high rank police.. well she couldnt reach him and then told me its my right to use this visa as i wish (clearly she told me i can leave and come back without any problem) I said thnx and went back home...

I stopped going to that border and looked for another one. I found Kanchanaburi. Great place. Doing my visa run for 3 years now. TILL today! i went for my 90 days. Same friendly officers... this time he told me.. ohh sorry i know you and remember you but we have a new boss and he told me... no more non-o visa runs... same thing! And he said this time i need Myanmar visa too. Then when i was walking away another officer said no need for visa because they will not take me to Myanmar anyway because they dont want to do this 90 days anymore. BUT the one at the box was ok with visa... I believe.. Because she asked me about the visa. That officer also told me I should go Sa Kaeo... !!!

Well... i have 1 week to do my visa OR go and make a new visa! 

My question is if anyone did NON-O visa 90 days thing at cambodia border Sa Kaeo.. please tell me what happen? had any problems or not?!

Other question is, is there any other places i can do this non-o 90 days go and come back thing..

THANKS 

• Confused 1

That is strange that you were told that at the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing. Yours is the first report I have seen of it happening.

Don't got to the Poi Pet crossing or you might not let you re-enter if you managed to leave the country. Many reports of it happening.

Go to the Ban Laem crossing that is much friendlier. It is located south of Poi Pet. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/NNBPiKj6SDq

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is strange that you were told that at the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing. Yours is the first report I have seen of it happening.

Don't got to the Poi Pet crossing or you might not let you re-enter if you managed to leave the country. Many reports of it happening.

Go to the Ban Laem crossing that is much friendlier. It is located south of Poi Pet. 

thank you so much! so there are 2 borders around Poi Pet? 

ok i will try Ban Laem..

I also know Mukdahan no problem with non-o 90 days

Edited by problemfarang

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Go to the Ban Laem crossing that is much friendlier. It is located south of Poi Pet. 

i really think it was about the myanmar visa. The officer in the police box really told me i need a visa. That 2nd officer came from no where... and to be honest i didnt believe him. So actually i will try there again with a Myanmar Visa. 

14 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

and how much is cambodian visa? last time was around 1400 or 1600 baht.. if i remember correct

Officially it is $30. I have heard of it costing from 1200 to 1600 baht at different crossings. Plus they can charge you 300 baht for not staying overnight in Cambodia.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Officially it is $30. I have heard of it costing from 1200 to 1600 baht at different crossings. Plus they can charge you 300 baht for not staying overnight in Cambodia.

ok.. thanks for the great info ?

if they dont have any problem with multi non-o thats my next destination..

hope can get my 90 days in same day.. thnx again

Edited by problemfarang

13 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

seems strange. mate was there day before yesterday alone, as in without agency and doing a non o me run and was in and out of myanmar in no time

paid the fee at the restaurant/shop before immo went over and drove back to bkk

well... there are some ppl who are not british ? 

so myanmar asks for visa. i think theres no problem.. that 2nd police just wanted to make it that way. I think all i need is a visa for myanmar from the embassy. the officer in the box asked me if i have visa for myanmar. thats all but i dont want to waste time just in case. i dont have enough time to test. but i will sure

Edited by problemfarang

1 minute ago, problemfarang said:

so myanmar asks for visa

sorry mate, whats your nationality. shouldn't matter for activating non o visas except poipet and even there they will but have been known to refuse. unless i'm wrong and some one can point it out. 

8 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

so myanmar asks for visa. i think theres no problem.. that 2nd police just wanted to make it that way. I think all i need is a visa for myanmar from the embassy. the officer in the box asked me if i have visa for myanmar. thats all but i dont want to waste time just in case. i dont have enough time to test. but i will sure

use the agency on the border. 900 baht or something. but maybe your nationality is different rules. check the rules here. don't waste time and money, you'll need that later in life. kanchan border should be fine for a border hop

30 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

sorry mate, whats your nationality. shouldn't matter for activating non o visas except poipet and even there they will but have been known to refuse. unless i'm wrong and some one can point it out. 

yea. well im turkish.. before only myanmar side stamp was enough ( 3 months ago) now they want visa. And for me that border agency thing at kanchanaburi is 960 baht. 

so i really want to try take visa and go to myanmar... how much that agency will charge me this time and also if myanmar side ok with visa. tbh politics between myanmar and turkey is not good at the moment.. we have a really SoB president 

Edited by problemfarang

19 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

use the agency on the border. 900 baht or something. but maybe your nationality is different rules. check the rules here. don't waste time and money, you'll need that later in life. kanchan border should be fine for a border hop

well i will try again with the myanmar visa, sure.only i might have a problem on myanmar side. if they dont give me in and out stamp Thailand side might be problem. They can accept me with my old visa and days left on it OR not take me to thailand. Happened to me once at the Vientiene side. 6-7 years ago and the imm canceled my out stamp from thailand and made it like i never left that day. That day i found out theres no more arrival visas for turks on laos side. before they had.

so tbh theres no problem for other ppl. But most likely i needed a visa

27 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

this time i will go Mukdahan. 

im sure thai side has no problem with doing non-o re entry on the same day

do you have any suggestions near BKK or nonthaburi?  Moderator said Ban Laem, south of poi phet

9 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

do you have any suggestions near BKK or nonthaburi?  Moderator said Ban Laem, south of poi phet

thaivisaservice.com

bkk i think you can go from on nut and back by lunch time even by bus or if driving it's an easy straight road to myanmar

33 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

If you are from Turkey you cannot get a visa on arrival for Laos. You have to apply for the visa at the Lao Embassy or the consulate in Khon Kaen. See: https://www.laos-guide-999.com/laos-visa-on-arrival.html

Ban Laem is a good crossing. No reports of people having problems there.

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

I can tell you that it does matter what your Nationality is when crossing a land border, I too am on a Non O visa based on marriage to a Thai and have a Israeli passport and was told by several Pattaya same day visa run companies that their Cambodia boarder crossing that they used will not accept Israel passport and assuming any other middle east, even Turkish as the OP. I had this confirmed by the visa agents calling their people at the border saying I will be denied. Fortunately I also live in Kalasin which is only a 2 and half hour drive to Mukdahan which probably is one of the friendliest land border crossing I experienced as never been denied based on nationality , no problems there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time2093 said:

I can tell you that it does matter what your Nationality is when crossing a land border, I too am on a Non O visa based on marriage to a Thai and have a Israeli passport and was told by several Pattaya same day visa run companies that their Cambodia boarder crossing that they used will not accept Israel passport and assuming any other middle east, even Turkish as the OP. I had this confirmed by the visa agents calling their people at the border saying I will be denied. Fortunately I also live in Kalasin which is only a 2 and half hour drive to Mukdahan which probably is one of the friendliest land border crossing I experienced as never been denied based on nationality , no problems there.

i know it does as you are crossing borders. right. i have a dinner to go to. enjoy

53 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

hardly any crossings near Nonthaburi or BKK,

Kanchanaburi probably the nearest, not so far away

then you have a number of crossings into Kamen that are south of Aran, one long day of driving should do it.

1 minute ago, melvinmelvin said:

hardly any crossings near Nonthaburi or BKK,

Kanchanaburi probably the nearest, not so far away

then you have a number of crossings into Kamen that are south of Aran, one long day of driving should do it.

so a few hours to kanchanaburi is the best option then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2093 said:

yes thanks for the info. I agree that they are really friendly.. thats why im going there. Also my wife is from Khon Kaen.. so it will be better. 

10 hours ago, problemfarang said:

TILL one new officer there told me I cannot do this anymore because Im abusing this visa... when i asked him whats he talking about, he said its my right to get this visa but not to use like every year ( 3 years doing this visa run) and told me he cannot let me leave the country. So i tried to explain him its my right because i have multi entry and..thats what its for, right?! Well in my head i knew he is kinda right, but im right too.

• The visa is meant for someone living outside of Thailand that wants to visit frequently. Anyone staying long term should have a long stay visa or an extension of stay.
  • You can leave the country, but not at every border crossing. They do not have to let you leave at borders like Kanchanaburi where you do not have the right to enter Myanmar without a visa.
  • You're not right. Your visa does not give you the right to enter the country.

I stopped going to that border and looked for another one. I found Kanchanaburi. Great place. Doing my visa run for 3 years now. TILL today! i went for my 90 days. Same friendly officers... this time he told me.. ohh sorry i know you and remember you but we have a new boss and he told me... no more non-o visa runs... same thing! And he said this time i need Myanmar visa too. Then when i was walking away another officer said no need for visa because they will not take me to Myanmar anyway because they dont want to do this 90 days anymore. BUT the one at the box was ok with visa... I believe.. Because she asked me about the visa. That officer also told me I should go Sa Kaeo... !!!

Visa runs have been 'temporarily' stopped at that border a couple of times over the past few years. Usually because the Thai and Burmese immigration officers fall out over the share of the fee charged for taking people across the border and back. I've a few friends that will not be happy if it's happened again!

12 hours ago, Happy enough said:

thaivisaservice.com

bkk i think you can go from on nut and back by lunch time even by bus or if driving it's an easy straight road to myanmar

I just checked their website to see if there are any updates for the Myanmar run and there are no changes.

thnx ?

But they do have a note on their website stating this. "African, Israel, Middle East, Turkey, South Asia and any country ending with “stan” please check with us, 092-5766640 (English). Thank you."

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Go to the Ban Laem crossing that is much friendlier. It is located south of Poi Pet. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/NNBPiKj6SDq

Surely these people can not decline a legitimate multi entry VISA. This is really becoming a proper scam job. He has every right to use the VISA. I think these people need to be reported formally 

To me, it sounds like the actual problem at the Kanchanaburi crossing is that Myanmar doesn't give a border pass to Turkish citizens, either in general or at that particular crossing at this time.

If that's indeed the case, then Thai immigration did the right thing by not letting the OP exit, as they would have been denied entry to Myanmar without having a visa for Myanmar.

Edited by Caldera
Clarification

2 hours ago, Media1 said:

Surely these people can not decline a legitimate multi entry VISA. This is really becoming a proper scam job. He has every right to use the VISA. I think these people need to be reported formally 

agreed but cant argue with the imm officer there.. right?

also im sure imm officer has the right to decline your entry even though you have a legit visa. 

Edited by problemfarang

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

To me, it sounds like the actual problem at the Kanchanaburi crossing is that Myanmar doesn't give a border pass to Turkish citizens, either in general or at that particular crossing at this time.

If that's indeed the case, then Thai immigration did the right thing by not letting the OP exit, as they would have been denied entry to Myanmar without having a visa for Myanmar.

agreed. thai side did the right thing.

Also the problem is they started asking for visa 2 months ago. So actually if i get a myanmar visa.. no problem again. I just didnt know that.