Address change and income letter from US.

I have moved and have not made change with immigration yet. Been in new place for month but have been traveling with house owner for that time. Now going to do income letter from US Consulate in CM on Tuesday. Question is do I put down old address on income doc or new one? My O Visa is due for renewal in October. Also can I expect a fine for not changing address? This was a mistake as old house was being renovated... and was then sold without notice to me. Hence my move in with my partner....

Thank you for any suggestions regarding what I should do.

I believe you have an extension (permit) obtained at CM Immigration, not an 'O' Visa which has since long expired.

You should change your address with CM using form TM28 and your partner file a TM30.

If you put the same date on the forms as submission, Immigration will be non the wiser.

You can then apply for your income letter using your new address.

I replied in a topic you posted that was almost a duplicate of this topic that I have now removed.

I wrote this.

"You should use your new address on the income affidavit since that will be the one that you will be putting on the TM7 form when you apply for your extension.

You will need to change your address at immigration prior to doing your extension of stay application (it is not a visa)."

As said you can put the date you do the TM30 report and TM28 change of address from on them since immigration has no way they can verify the actual date you moved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I replied in a topic you posted that was almost a duplicate of this topic that I have now removed.

I wrote this.

"You should use your new address on the income affidavit since that will be the one that you will be putting on the TM7 form when you apply for your extension.

You will need to change your address at immigration prior to doing your extension of stay application (it is not a visa)."

As said you can put the date you do the TM30 report and TM28 change of address from on them since immigration has no way they can verify the actual date you moved.

As always ubonjoe thank you for your advice. But just to be clear... I do my income letter first.. as that is my option right now with travel with new address and then change said address at my local immigration office (Maesot... where they  know me for last 4 years... never a problem) then extension of 1 year O Visa (retiremen). Is that okay? Hear you about them not knowing move date.

Usually I am completely early and on the ball... but somehow life got in the way recently. So sorry for the repetition herein. But thanks again. You are always bang on point!

6 minutes ago, iamariva1957 said:

But just to be clear... I do my income letter first.. as that is my option right now with travel with new address and then change said address at my local immigration office (Maesot... where they  know me for last 4 years... never a problem) then extension of 1 year O Visa (retiremen). Is that okay?

Yes that is correct.

If they noticed the date on the affidavit was earlier you could say that you knew your new address before you moved so put that on it so it would match your records after formally changing your address.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes that is correct.

If they noticed the date on the affidavit was earlier you could say that you knew your new address before you moved so put that on it so it would match your records after formally changing your address.

Perfect! Thank you Sir! That is what I thought... but always want to do right... get more sleep that way...5555.

Wish I could buy you a drink or two some time... you certainly deserve it! 

Again... thank you!