Type O Negative blood needed in Lamphun/Chiang Mai

webfact

Type O Negative blood needed in Lamphun/Chiang Mai

Blood+Needed.jpg

A man had a motorcycle accident and has been waiting for blood for 3 days. His name is กฤษฎากร เสนสัก Gitsadakorn Sensak.
He is in Hariphunchai Memorial Hospital in Lamphun.

If you have O negative or know someone who does you can donate at the Red Cross center. Find it online https://goo.gl/maps/MAM1smBrFFs 

I just called the Red Cross....this blood has been donated already.

I did not inquire as to the status of the health of the patient as that would be private information.

The Red Cross did answer the phone at 23:30 today and I spoke Thai with the attendant. She was aware of the case and said the blood was previously donated.

25 minutes ago, chiangraifalang said:

I tried it once in an urgent case to donate blood for a person in a Chiang Mai Hospital. After arriving at the blood donation station, i had to learn, i'm too old for blood donation. From the age of 60 years you are not allowed donating blood in Thailand. No matter how healthy your body is.

I had exactly the same experience in Hua Hin. I have been a regular donor since i was a teenager, but was told, sorry 60 year old no good any more....:crying: In UK the limit is 66, and 70 years old if you are a regular donor...

46 minutes ago, chiangraifalang said:

I tried it once in an urgent case to donate blood for a person in a Chiang Mai Hospital. After arriving at the blood donation station, i had to learn, i'm too old for blood donation. From the age of 60 years you are not allowed donating blood in Thailand. No matter how healthy your body is.

Yeah and I doubt the dying person would have complained about getting geriatric blood. The rules are there for normal application but people are sometimes too afraid to deviate from the rule book in unusual circumstance

On 9/15/2018 at 10:09 AM, AhFarangJa said:

I had exactly the same experience in Hua Hin. I have been a regular donor since i was a teenager, but was told, sorry 60 year old no good any more....:crying: In UK the limit is 66, and 70 years old if you are a regular donor...

They also won't take blood from Brits who lived in the UK through the CJD outbreak. 

22 minutes ago, naboo said:

They also won't take blood from Brits who lived in the UK through the CJD outbreak. 

Wow, i never heard of that one before !!!  Just looked it up, and it was 1986.....32 years ago. They must have proof it stays in your blood then ?

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Wow, i never heard of that one before !!!  Just looked it up, and it was 1986.....32 years ago. They must have proof it stays in your blood then ?

A family friend died of it in 2007. His mind was gone 10 years prior. Nasty disease, but I'm not aware of any proof that it stays 30 years in your blood without showing symptoms.

I'm willing to take blood from a Brit. And Brits in the UK do regularly without any recorded cases of transmission through blood transfusion.

Archived