Reporting address in Thailand

I am a UK passport-holder married to a Thai lady and we split our time between the UK and Thailand. My wife has properties in Udon and Jomtien, and we often move between the two, and also tour around Thailand staying at hotels.  Every year I get a Thai visa (based on marriage) from the London embassy.  I have never stayed in Thailand more than 3 months at a time, so have never visited an immigration office for extension. 

I am confused about reporting my address in Thailand.  I normally complete the arrival from at the airport and give my initial address.   If I move to a different location should I be visiting the immigration office to update my address?   Is the necessary form available online?

Many thanks.

OK, thanks, that's reassuring.

I am thinking of buying a car to use here in Thailand during our visits.  I think I need a letter of residence in order to register the car.  Presumably I should register with immigration on arrival and then ask for the letter.  Will they give me the letter without me having done a 90 day report?  It would probably be Jomtien or Udon immigration office.

Your wife would report your presence since she is the owner of of where you will be staying. She will complete a TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence .

There would be not need for you to be doing 90 day reports to get the certificate of residency at the office you mentioned.

I suggest you get it at the Udon Thani immigration office since it is less busy office and normally friendlier than Jomtien.

2 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Use your wifes name for the car, problem solved, or you do not trust her???

glegolo

I trust her 100% but she doesn't drive and has no interest in learning to drive.  She doesn't want the car registered in her name and thinks it should be registered in my name.

6 minutes ago, Bullie said:

Just a question for Ubon joe: does immigration follow up at what address you register with? My landlady refuses to fill out the TM 30 (she's scared of being taxed), but a friend who owns her home said I could register there...

Sounds like she would rather deal with the police rather than risk being taxed. Tell immigration. They will straighten her out.

10 minutes ago, Bullie said:

Just a question for Ubon joe: does immigration follow up at what address you register with? My landlady refuses to fill out the TM 30 (she's scared of being taxed), but a friend who owns her home said I could register there...

Immigration does not share the info on the TM30 form with anybody. Same for rental agreements submitted for proof of residence.

They don't do any check to confirm you are staying at the residence being reported unless you apply for certain extensions of stay (marriage for example),