expired retirement visa

last year i went to extend my 1 year retirement visa,had all my paper work and income certificate...i was told that i didnt need to get extension now because my passport was stamped for one year ahead and could extend towards the end of my stamped date.....so i waited for 11 months and returned to get a one year extension! well i was given the wrong information and will have to leave thailand nov 2 2018! my question is can i go to a nearby country and get a 90 day visa.

last year i went to extend my 1 year retirement visa,had all my paper work and income certificate...i was told that i didnt need to get extension now because my passport was stamped for one year ahead and could extend towards the end of my stamped date.....so i waited for 11 months and returned to get a one year extension! well i was given the wrong information and will have to leave thailand nov 2 2018! my question is can i go to a nearby country and get a 90 day visa.

A photo is always useful in these cases to help people understand exactly your situation ( O visa, OA visa or extension of stay etc ).

Obviously you can scrub out or cover up any information you don’t want to divulge on the photo.

Not trying to be funny here.
Without knowing your exact situation the flaming posts will soon appear !.

2 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

To be honest I found it difficult to understand anything that was written.

Did you have any kind of  Visa? Did you have an extension of stay?

Sounds like the second year of an O-A visa that can only be obtained in home country. Perhaps OP went to Imm' with only a couple of days left and has been advised to get a single O that can be converted to a one year extension.

As said before a photo would clear any doubt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Sounds like the second year of an O-A visa that can only be obtained in home country. Perhaps OP went to Imm' with only a couple of days left and has been advised to get a single O that can be converted to a one year extension.

As said before a photo would clear any doubt.

Agree about the O-A Visa.

However he must have a stamp permitting him to stay until 2nd Nov, as that's the date he states he has to leave.

Sounds like he's applied to early if that's the case.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

However he must have a stamp permitting him to stay until 2nd Nov, as that's the date he states he has to leave.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Missed the Nov' bit, so it could be that. No 60 day extension mentioned if that's possible on O-A and if pos' that would get him to end of Dec' ??

Really need photo of 'visa' and history of dates etc to be sure.

Edited by overherebc

36 minutes ago, comfortablynumb54 said:

I think you may of misunderstood them. If your current admitted until date on your entry stamp is November 2nd you were trying to apply for the extension to early. The earliest you can apply is 30 days before that date.

• Like 2

i have a non-immigrant o-a visa,which expired 30 nov.2017....i went to immigration to get a one year o-a extension on nov 2.2017...i was told i didnt need to apply now because my entry card was stamped till 02 nov. 2018 which i now realize that i was given the incorrect info and now have to leave thailand by nov.2 2018....so can i go to laos or any nearby country to get a 90 day visa for thailand and come back in? 

20180915_115849.jpg

Edited by comfortablynumb54

2 minutes ago, comfortablynumb54 said:

i have a non-immigrant o-a visa,which expired 30 nov.2017....i went to immigration to get a one year o-a extension on nov 2.2017...i was told i didnt need to apply now because my entry card was stamped till 02 nov. 2018 which i now realize that i was given the incorrect info and now have to leave thailand by nov.2 2018....so can i go to laos or any nearby country to get a 90 day visa for thailand and come back in? 

Who told you that you must leave the country by November 2nd? That is completely incorrect info?

If November 2nd is the your current admitted until date you can apply for a one year extension on or up to 30 days before that day.

immigration told me that...said i need a new 0-a visa from my country!

As UbonJoe has stated, Immigration are giving you incorrect information.

I am in a similar situation to you.

IMG_6205.thumb.JPG.1eb1046c3e17e6373f47f646744436e2.JPG

I have permission to stay until 26/09/2018 , next week I will get a 1 year extension at Immigration.

I already visited them and they gave me all the information regarding the documents I need and told me to come back next week.

You need to return to your Immigration as they are not correct.

But maybe the misunderstanding is because you are applying too early, 30 days before should be the maximum .

Which Immigration do you use ?

14 minutes ago, comfortablynumb54 said:

immigration told me that...said i need a new 0-a visa from my country!

Which office and who at the office? They are wrong.

Your last two entries entries are from a re-entry permit that kept your last entry from your OA visa valid which means you already have the required non immigrant visa entry to apply for the extension.

5 minutes ago, comfortablynumb54 said:

thanks everyone for the help! iam dealing with Sakon Nakhon immigration and i will go back there,now that you have given me your information!

But, as already stated above, don't forget that the earliest you'll be able to apply for a retirement extension will be 30 days before your 2nd November permission to stay expires - which, by my reckoning, is 4th October. So it may be best to hold your horses until then. 

• Like 2

okay thanks ojas will do! thanks again...now i can see why this gets confusing when immigration can not even give you the correct info!....but i guess thats thailand eh!

Just to confirm i got my first extension today after obtaining an O-A visa 23 months ago. All relatively painless apart from a boatload of foreign monks doing their extension making it a long day !

I do recommend that you visit your immigration again around the Oct 4th date to determine exactly what docs they require from you before going for your extension if it’s not too far out of your way.

I had heard it mentioned before that some immigration offices request a map of your home location but didn’t give it much thought until the IO gave my gf a blank piece of paper and she proceeded to draw a map from immigration to our house !! I was surprised that they didn’t ask me to do it !!

Also they booked a home visit on October 2nd which I wasn’t expecting although they had visited me at the house before approx 1 year ago.

Just to confirm i got my first extension today after obtaining an O-A visa 23 months ago. All relatively painless apart from a boatload of foreign monks doing their extension making it a long day !

I do recommend that you visit your immigration again around the Oct 4th date to determine exactly what docs they require from you before going for your extension if it’s not too far out of your way.

I had heard it mentioned before that some immigration offices request a map of your home location but didn’t give it much thought until the IO gave my gf a blank piece of paper and she proceeded to draw a map from immigration to our house !! I was surprised that they didn’t ask me to do it !!

Also they booked a home visit on October 2nd which I wasn’t expecting although they had visited me at the house before approx 1 year ago.
Which immigration office required you to draw a map and meet them for a home visit for an extension based on an O-A visa?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

On 9/21/2018 at 2:16 AM, peterbkk2 said:

Which immigration office required you to draw a map and meet them for a home visit for an extension based on an O-A visa?

The map-requirement has been the case at some offices for awhile.  I have seen a couple reports of a "required visit" for retirement-extensions recently, which is new.