More rain between Sept 17 and 19

webfact

More rain between Sept 17 and 19

PNSOC610916001000301.jpg

BANGKOK, 17th September 2018 (NNT) – The northern and northeastern regions can expect more rain between September 17th and 19th. 

Typhoon Mangkhut in the Pacific Ocean is moving at a speed of 20 kilometers an hour towards the coast and is expected to weaken into a southwesterly monsoon once it makes landfall in southern China between September 16th and 18th. The monsoon will then move across the Gulf of Thailand and into the Andaman sea, bringing heavy rain and gusty winds to the north and northeast of the kingdom. Risk-prone areas are advised to remain vigilant against flashfloods, forest runoffs, overflows, and mudslides. 

Waves in the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand between September 16th and 20th could reach four meters high. Operators of small boats are advised not to put to sea, while large vessels should proceed with caution. 

The general public can keep abreast of the latest weather reports by visiting www.tmd.go.th or by calling Hotline 1182 at anytime twenty-four hours a day.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-09-17

7 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Seeing is believing. Expect zero in my part of the NE/Surin. The media hype and weather reports have been nothing but dismal.

Been the cycle like this in Surin for ages.

Lighter amounts of rainfall and a shorter season.

Add: Buriram and Sisaket.

In Ayutthaya we had constant heavy rain for around 3 hours Saturday night , had a flash, bang lightening strike nearby and our electric tripped out. Something to do with the Typhoon going on in the South China Sea

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The northern and northeastern regions can expect more rain between September 17th and 19th.

'More rain' . . . get away! I don't know about you, but I put it all down to the rainy season . . . they seem to happen every year, these days.

2 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Seeing is believing. Expect zero in my part of the NE/Surin. The media hype and weather reports have been nothing but dismal.

It has been improving though, just enough to keep the rice smiling, last time I checked the paddy had 2 cm of water after weeks of just damp earth.

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Been the cycle like this in Surin for ages.

Lighter amounts of rainfall and a shorter season.

Add: Buriram and Sisaket.

It's been the opposite here in Phuket, where the rainy season seems to finish later every year, last year it lasted practically into January.

Archived