Jump to content

Nigerian, Kiwi, Thai charged in Bangkok meth bust


webfact

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

It's an odd name for a Kiwi. Especially the christian name. Isis was an Egyptian goddess though, not prevalent in Greek mythology as far as I know, so I'd be interested to know if it's Greek, Mediterranean or more ancient. Whatever it's derivation, it sounds unusual for a fat, 60 something, mullet wearing Kiwi. Fake passport or free-spirited parents?

Free spirited parents. Love child of Greek/Egyptian mother, father German/Turk,  grew up in Nigeria and immigrated to NZ. 555

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Seems the Nigerian is still figuring out where it went wrong.

He will tell the station boss that if he gives him his account number and sets him free he will inherit a million dollars from a recently deceased politician that he knows. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Consolation for the Kiwi, is that the shirt will fit him when he is eventually released from incarceration ! :thumbsup:

Face looks familiar, to a hobo guy that hung around Auckland.

A bit old to be running drugs, especially to NZ which is full of Methamphetamine, controlled by gangs and Chinese mafia.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Oh dear, not the REIN part, that's a pretty standard Germanic name, I guess. It's the Isidor part that is undoubtedly more uncommon. Why do yourself and a couple of others have a problem understanding that or conflate it with some kind of racial or historical ignorance on my part for simply pointing it out? These are your words above, not mine. I'm perfectly well aware of the Antipodes and their history thanks very much, that being that the majority of non-Maori's descend from British and Irish settlers and Isidor sure ain't a common name with either of those demographics. That's all I'm sayin'.

 

 

"These are your words above, not mine. " - Huh? Really? Please show me how your words and my words line up...

 

I'll make it simple for you. The fellow has a classic German surname. Yes, for a non-German his GIVEN name may be unusual, but what is the relevance of that?? My father's given name was Melville. Unusual, yes (now). Relevant to anything, no. So when people say "that doesn't sound like a NZ name", we know that they're not referring to the given name. Because we see this whenever a Brit named something like Abdullah Al Kuwaiti is in the news or a Frenchman name Odu Ogbanu … people here say "doesn't sound like a Brit/Frenchman to me"... and we all know what they're suggesting. Let's not be naïve...  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Docno said:

"These are your words above, not mine. " - Huh? Really? Please show me how your words and my words line up...

 

I'll make it simple for you. The fellow has a classic German surname. Yes, for a non-German his GIVEN name may be unusual, but what is the relevance of that?? My father's given name was Melville. Unusual, yes (now). Relevant to anything, no. So when people say "that doesn't sound like a NZ name", we know that they're not referring to the given name. Because we see this whenever a Brit named something like Abdullah Al Kuwaiti is in the news or a Frenchman name Odu Ogbanu … people here say "doesn't sound like a Brit/Frenchman to me"... and we all know what they're suggesting. Let's not be naïve...  

 

Hardly seems worth responding, yet I am.

 

All I'm saying is that the first name is unusual for a white European-descended Kiwi man. That is a truism. You then made noises that seemed like a presumption of me being unaware of Maori's predating European settlers to NZ and therefore general historical ignorance, you shouldn't make such presumptions, as I am not. I don't follow what you're saying above either, who is being naive here? Simple fact is that the vast majority of white Kiwis are not German descendants, they're Brit or Irish as are the Aussies, Isidor isn't and never has been a run of the mill christian name in either of these nations and although Rein might be a common Teutonic name it isn't a common Anglo-Irish one, therefore the combination of these two names together make for an unusual name for a white Kiwi, given that one would expect him to have a more anglicized name considering his nationality and the heritage of the majority of Kiwis, as I was saying all along. Some people like to conflate things and make the conversation become convoluted it seems, for no apparent reason. My point made has been made. Let's move on with our lives eh. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Hardly seems worth responding, yet I am.

 

All I'm saying is that the first name is unusual for a white European-descended Kiwi man. That is a truism. You then made noises that seemed like a presumption of me being unaware of Maori's predating European settlers to NZ and therefore general historical ignorance, you shouldn't make such presumptions, as I am not. I don't follow what you're saying above either, who is being naive here? Simple fact is that the vast majority of white Kiwis are not German descendants, they're Brit or Irish as are the Aussies, Isidor isn't and never has been a run of the mill christian name in either of these nations and although Rein might be a common Teutonic name it isn't a common Anglo-Irish one, therefore the combination of these two names together make for an unusual name for a white Kiwi, given that one would expect him to have a more anglicized name considering his nationality and the heritage of the majority of Kiwis, as I was saying all along. Some people like to conflate things and make the conversation become convoluted it seems, for no apparent reason. My point made has been made. Let's move on with our lives eh. 

 

 

For your edification, you can find a lengthy list of prominent Europeans with the name here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isidore

 

And to quote https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_New_Zealanders … "The German community constitute one of the largest European ethnic groups in New Zealand, numbering 12,810 in the 2013 census

 

Game, set, match... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Docno said:

For your edification, you can find a lengthy list of prominent Europeans with the name here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isidore

 

And to quote https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_New_Zealanders … "The German community constitute one of the largest European ethnic groups in New Zealand, numbering 12,810 in the 2013 census

 

Game, set, match... 

Hahaha! I didn't realise we were playing cognitive tennis, but, seriously, if we are you should get some more practice in before stepping onto court.

 

'Game, set, match' - in your mind perhaps fella, but there and there only ?. The point I have made over and over is that Isidor Rein is a somewhat anomalous name for a white Kiwi, given the lineage of the majority of it's white population (their heritage).

 

You have quoted a passage from Wikipedia and that encompasses your argument does it? OK, so, for your 'edification' - 12800 people out of a population of 4.9 million constitutes what exactly? 0.25% to be precise - a tiny minority that's what. So, you have effectively made my point for me, again. Cheers!

 

And, two can play at that game, so to do as you have done and conclude by quoting Wikipedia and another source NZ Quora  -

 

'Following colonisation, immigrants were predominantly from Britain, Ireland and Australia because of restrictive policies similar to the White Australia policy'

 

and

 

'Just over 25% of New Zealand's population was born overseas, with the majority (52%) living in the Auckland Region. The United Kingdom remains the largest source of New Zealand's overseas population, with a quarter of all overseas-born New Zealanders born there'

 

and furthermore

 

'At the latest census in 2013, around 75% of the population identified as being European or of European origin. The vast majority have come from England, Ireland and Scotland, with a much smaller group having other European ancestries such as Dutch, Dalmatian, French, German and Scandinavian. I don't think the exact percentage that originated in Britain is known, but is estimated, by the NZ Office of the Interior, to be as much as 45%. In my own case, my mother was born in Wales and my father's grandparents came from Scotland.'

 

Being a contrarian is all well and good, but choose your arguments more carefully in the future.

 

As for this one, 'check' and 'mate' come to mind. ? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Hahaha! I didn't realise we were playing cognitive tennis, but, seriously, if we are you should get some more practice in before stepping onto court.

 

'Game, set, match' - in your mind perhaps fella, but there and there only ?. The point I have made over and over is that Isidor Rein is a somewhat anomalous name for a white Kiwi, given the lineage of the majority of it's white population (their heritage).

 

You have quoted a passage from Wikipedia and that encompasses your argument does it? OK, so, for your 'edification' - 12800 people out of a population of 4.9 million constitutes what exactly? 0.25% to be precise - a tiny minority that's what. So, you have effectively made my point for me, again. Cheers!

 

And, two can play at that game, so to do as you have done and conclude by quoting Wikipedia and another source NZ Quora  -

 

'Following colonisation, immigrants were predominantly from Britain, Ireland and Australia because of restrictive policies similar to the White Australia policy'

 

and

 

'Just over 25% of New Zealand's population was born overseas, with the majority (52%) living in the Auckland Region. The United Kingdom remains the largest source of New Zealand's overseas population, with a quarter of all overseas-born New Zealanders born there'

 

and furthermore

 

'At the latest census in 2013, around 75% of the population identified as being European or of European origin. The vast majority have come from England, Ireland and Scotland, with a much smaller group having other European ancestries such as Dutch, Dalmatian, French, German and Scandinavian. I don't think the exact percentage that originated in Britain is known, but is estimated, by the NZ Office of the Interior, to be as much as 45%. In my own case, my mother was born in Wales and my father's grandparents came from Scotland.'

 

Being a contrarian is all well and good, but choose your arguments more carefully in the future.

 

As for this one, 'check' and 'mate' come to mind. ? 

 

 

Huh..., You're not convinced that Isidor/Isidore is a European name??? Now I'm playing 'cognitive tennis' with a wall... no fun. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Docno said:

Huh..., You're not convinced that Isidor/Isidore is a European name??? Now I'm playing 'cognitive tennis' with a wall... no fun. 

I can well imagine mate, I'm starting to have that exact same feeling. ?

 

To save us both time, let me just clarify for the last time. I don't doubt that Isidor is a European name nor that Rein is either, just that the combination of the two IS NOT what any sensible person would deem 'a typical name' for a white Kiwi male, given my extensive reasoning above.

 

?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...