Thailand Postal Services

angie

Hi,

I wonder if any of you can give me some advice.

I have had my mail redirected from England since December, No problems.

1st April we moved to an new apartment and had mail directed there from England, however it has been 6 weeks and we have not received any mail yet.

I contacted the Post Office in england and they forgot to put my Apartments name on the envelopes.

So the mail is going to my apartment number, sukhumvit soi 13 with no apartment name.

The moral to the story is...................

My mail is stuck in Bangkok somewhere???????

Any idea what to do, or who to contact would be very much appreciated.

VERY LARGE BEER ON OFFER

Thanks

Angie

Obviously the only chance you have isto talk to the Bangkok district post office being in charge for Sukhumvit Soi 13. I for example live on Rama 3 and I get my mail from the district post office in Yannawa (Thanon Chan). The guys there were very helpful when we first encountered problems upon our move from Sathon area. We practically almost got a full tour of the post office and eventually talked to a foreman who then informed the mailman taking care of our soi and our house.

Any idea which one is the district post office in charge of your location? If not ask the juristical office in your apartment building and/or try to retrieve that info from the main post office on Charoen Krung Road. Upon identifying the place go there and and tell them about your problem. Make sure you have your passport(s) with you matching the name(s) of the receiver(s) of the missing post.

The post offices have one counter (a little hidden in the back) where you can pick up the mail (parcels, registered airmail etc.) that could not be forwarded because no one was met at the addresses indicated. Upon the third failed attempt they place an information card in your mailbox requesting to pick up the mail from the district post office within 15 days. Well, can imagine this is the most likely place where your missing mail eventually ended up if not already returned back to the sender in the UK.

Happy chasing and heaps of luck for success.

i dont know what the postman will do with incorrectly addressed or undeliverable items, they should take it back to the sorting office where it would be kept for a while.

why dont you go along to the nearest post office to where you live....that might be nana post office on sukhumvit road somewhere between soi 4 and 8 and talk to someone in authority there, they should be able to advise you whether your mail is still around and if so, where it is and how you can go about collecting it.

the posties here seem to have regular rounds, i live not too far from you, and my mail from the uk takes about a month to arrive, i sometimes ask the postie to keep an eye out for my stuff if something that i am expecting is late and he always says he will check for me. whether he is just being polite or not i dont know, but he did once collect some of my stuff from a house with a similar address to mine that had been misdelivered.

they are quite helpful.

good luck.