Comic video: Thai police tell the public: Don't try to be funny!

webfact

Comic video: Thai police tell the public: Don't try to be funny!

10PM.jpg

Picture: INN

The national police have failed to see the funny side of a married couple who went online to have a laugh.

They have said the antics of the couple could see them charged and even jailed for three separate offences. 

The RTP's spokesman said that copy cats should be discouraged and warned against corrupting youth.

The case concerns a husband and wife who were having some bedroom Thai fun. The husband had a gun and was supposedly threatening his wife in a towel who only had a broom for her defense.

However, when she gets armed with a Samurai sword the tables are turned and the husband admits defeat and wais in a mock plea for forgiveness. There are a lot of good-natured laughs of another person or people present.

Pol Col Krissana Patanacharoen did not think it was funny at all. 

He said the couple could face charges related to a 2007 law on domestic violence, the 1947 legislation regarding the registration of weapons or the 2017 computer crime law related to offending public morals. 

The first of these alone could see the couple facing 6 months or a fine of 6,000 baht, reported INN.

The Pol Col said this was not appropriate behavior. Even if it was not deemed illegal it should be avoided lest it spawn copy cats of a more serious nature especially among children and the youth of Thailand. 

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-17

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have a sense of humor but I'm with the RTP for the 1st time in my life ! 

There are too many real cases of people going at it with guns, swords, machettes etc.. The culture of crazy violence here needs wiping out.. Have a punch up if you need to but deadly weapons need removing from the streets 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Even if it was not deemed illegal it should be avoided lest it spawn copy cats of a more serious nature especially among children and the youth of Thailand. 

when the thai police become the morality leaders here, or even think they are, we are all in serious trouble

27 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

There are too many real cases of people going at it with guns, swords, machettes etc.. The culture of crazy violence here needs wiping out.. Have a punch up if you need to but deadly weapons need removing from the streets 

It was a joke.... you think someone watching this will suddenly decide to use a deadly weapon on 'the streets'? Get a grip...

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

They should remove it from their Thai soapies where you see guns used are lot in the High So characters and this is where the people get the idea that its ok . 

See that's the problem here. The actors weren't white or Sino-Thai enough. Clear violation of sakdina rules, must be punished.

13 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

It was a joke.... you think someone watching this will suddenly decide to use a deadly weapon on 'the streets'? Get a grip...

Mmmmm, yes I know it was a joke... Much like the slap stick Thai soaps that promote casual violence..

Lots of people here use deadly weapons on the streets. Just about every taxi driver, van driver, motocyc rider carry deadly weapons..

Because it is seen as normal, it becomes normal and the cycle continues.. 

Get a grip ? It's on the news every day....

15 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Start with the Thai TV and the shit they allow there..

15 hours ago, CGW said:

Were in trouble! ?

And have been for some many decades.  Some people are just less observant than others.  Such people should not drive if they can not see what is happening around them.  The only time the police here or in most other countries don't think they are moral arbiters is when there has been a coup and the army have taken the job for themselves.  It is much easier to sound important by criticizing (only other peoples') perceived lack of morals than actually fix the darned country.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the couple could face charges related to a 2007 law on domestic violence, the 1947 legislation regarding the registration of weapons or the 2017 computer crime law related to offending public morals. 

When was the last time this clown with a frown watched Thai TV? These uniformed virtuecrats and their stupid power games are a nuisance.

Well, it's quite easy really. The only ones who are allowed to break laws are the police. And the government. And the military. And certain HiSo individuals.

The rest is the public, and they are the ones getting prosecuted, as they are the ones for whom the laws were written.

Archived