Extending Non O On Retirement Basis

I have an undocumented rental arrangement, ie there isn't a rental agreement. The arrangement suits me as i have paid no deposit and can terminate when i want.

For my extension will I need to produce anything as proof of address? Or is it only the financial and visa/passport aspects they are interested in. I not there will be the TM7, but don't know if that'll incorporate the address issue.

This'll be my first extension.

For my extension will I need to produce anything as proof of address?

I never saw any mention of proof of address for the application of annual extension. That requirement is usually for the purchase of a motor vehicle, a drivers licence, sometimes to open a bank account.

--

Maestro

I never saw any mention of proof of address for the application of annual extension. That requirement is usually for the purchase of a motor vehicle, a drivers licence, sometimes to open a bank account.

--

Maestro

The proof of adress was requested by the Nan Immigration (at least) but do not seem to be reuqired in Bangkok.

A letter from my Embassy stating my adress was suffficient and if you are using the Embassy letter as proof of pension/income it serves both purposes in one document.

The UK Embassy does not require any document other than your own statement to issue the letter stating the adress only.

--

Maestro

I did renew my retirement extension last November in Bangkok and was asked to fill in a form stating my residence. There was room on the form for the house owner to declare a foreigner renting his place, but writing my whereabouts twice on the forms made the female officer happy. That form was not asked previous years though.

Thanks to all responders. The info overall is a big relief. From the responses it seems that at most I will need an embassy letter. (I wonder if a consulate letter is possible - IF there is a british consulate in Chiang Mai.)

I've picked up information from people around me that the 'owner' is currently a bankrupt - speculated stupidly in land/property - and therefore avoids all paper trail of (eg rent agreement) business engagement. Hence my paperless situation. I was anticipating a problem if proof - such as a rental agreement - was demanded.

Wonder if someone has been through precisely my process - first time renewal in Chiang Mai - recently.

Anyway thanks to everyone.

--

Maestro

I should probably switch to the motorcar forum, but just in case you can reply just as easily.....Was wondering if I can use the embassy letter for the change of adress for my car papers and driving license? Presently these are showing an address in the Korat area and on the anniversary or asap I want to switch everything to my Chiang Mai address.