Retirement visa -Expiry

To Thai Visa Forum
I am a  Retired Canadian citizen with one year Thailand  Retirement Visa .This visa expires on October 02 , 2018.

I have been visiting family and relatives in Canada.

I will return to Thailand on 24th September, with 8 days left on Retirement visa. 
Is there any problem? I will renew my visa on 31 st at Korat Immigration Office. 

I would appreciate a quick reply . 

If it is a Visa (not an extension), When you return on 24th you will be stamped in for 1 year, no need to renew anything on 31st. If it is an extension with a re-entry permit you will be stamped in for 8 days, and would extend in that period, pending funds in the bank etc.

Edited by Peterw42

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

If it is a Visa (not an extension), When you return on 24th you will be stamped in for 1 year, no need to renew anything on 31st. If it is an extension you will be stamped in for 8 days, and would extend in that period, pending funds in the bank etc.

He must have a re-entry permit if it is an extension of stay however.  If on an extension and does not have re-entry permit he needs to obtain a new non immigrant O visa prior to extending again.

• Like 1

I assume you actually have an extension of stay based upon retirement not a visa. Do you have a re-entry permit?

If you have a re-entry permit you will be stamped in until October 2nd. That should be enough to apply for the extension if you can meet the.financial requirements.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

If it is a Visa (not an extension), When you return on 24th you will be stamped in for 1 year, no need to renew anything on 31st. If it is an extension with a re-entry permit you will be stamped in for 8 days, and would extend in that period, pending funds in the bank etc.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I had done this last year , with 20 days before the expiry of the one year visa and obtained the new one year visa again at Korat Immigration office. I was in doubt about the  short number of days remaining on O-visa. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you actually have an extension of stay based upon retirement not a visa. Do you have a re-entry permit?

If you have a re-entry permit you will be stamped in until October 2nd.. That should be enough to apply for the extension if you can meet the.financial requirements.

Thanks for the Information. 

1 minute ago, sundaram444 said:

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I had done this last year , with 20 days before the expiry of the one year visa and obtained the new one year visa again at Korat Immigration office. I was in doubt about the  short number of days remaining on O-visa. 

You apparently do not have a visa. You have a one year extension of stay issued by immigration.

As I wrote you will have enough time to apply for the extension of stay.

1 hour ago, sundaram444 said:

You need to stop referring to an extension as a Visa, otherwise people will give you answers that are relevant to a visa. The answers are completely different for a visa or an extension.