Passenger injured when pickup driver fires at bus

webfact

Passenger injured when pickup driver fires at bus

By The Nation

cp.jpg

Picture: Workpoint News

A passenger was injured when an angry pickup driver fired at a Hat Yai-Bangkok bus in Chumphon early on Wednesday, police said.

The Tha Sae police station was alerted of the shooting incident at the Ban Ang Thong intersection in Chumphon’s Tha Sae district at 12.15am.

Arkorn Phankong from Phatthalung was shot in his left thigh. He was rushed to Tha Sae Hospital before being forwarded to Chumphon Hospital for an operation to remove the bullet.

The bus driver, Daeng Phusakul, 45, told police that his bus left Hat Yai in the evening and when it entered Chumphon, the pickup tried to overtake him.

Daeng said the pickup driver became angry after he failed to overtake his bus. When the pickup caught up with the bus that had stopped at the intersection, the driver fired once at the bus, Daeng said.

The bus driver said the pickup then sped off and fired four more times into the sky, so he stopped the bus and sought help from police.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354767

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-19

6 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

The land of smiles.....More like the land of violence and hate.

Tsk tsk...no bashing now.   Alternate LOS interpretation is kindhearted "Land of Smirks" or 2FLOS (2 faced.............

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thian said:

And why the pickup couldn't pass the bus? Was the bus speeding? Was the bus constantly driving on the fast lane ( i guess so).

Maybe there wasn't enough road or room for the pick-up to pass...

you're talking complete BS !

4 hours ago, Xaos said:

Lets have look at USA crime stats, shall we?

the US publishes stats. Alot of crime in los is swept under the carpet, not reported or lazy bib dont do anything or cant due to a conflict of interest. Its now 4yrs that i have not been able to have police out to my house  to investigate theft, gunshots over my house, etc... see a pattern? Theres no way to make a fair comparison but i think youll find los wouldnt fair well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe there wasn't enough road or room for the pick-up to pass...

you're talking complete BS !

in thailand i have never ever seen a bus who keeps left and uses indicators to pass another slow vehicle and return on the slow lane.

Busdrivers are very lazy and selfish, they just stay on the fast lane, no matter if what or when...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thian said:

in thailand i have never ever seen a bus who keeps left and uses indicators to pass another slow vehicle and return on the slow lane.

Busdrivers are very lazy and selfish, they just stay on the fast lane, no matter if what or when...

A fairly accurate generalization given my experience of driving in Thailand... mini-vans can also be grouped into this generalization... 

... of course, someone will feel duty-bound to come forwards and say not all bus drivers are like this and they saw a polite bus driver the other day... ok...  But as far as the generalization goes, the majority are as Thian suggests... lazy, selfish... for whatever reasons (boredom, overwork, couldn't care less of others around them on the road... etc etc)...

As such and as wrong as his actions were I wonder how he was driven towards his ultimate rage and shooting off the gun... It may have been nothing and the guy unstable... 

either way.. the shooter needs locking up for a very long time...  he needs a very strong lesson as does society that this behavior is intolerable. 

• Like 1