Relatives furious as gruesome murder reenactment moved from scene to police HQ

webfact

Relatives furious as gruesome murder reenactment moved from scene to police HQ

8PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that relatives of the grandmother and granddaughter viciously murdered by a Laotian man were kept away from the reenactment of the crime. 

Dolls representing the two children attacked by Phula, 22, with a knife were laid out on the floor at Samut Prakarn Provinvial police HQ.

The reenactment was moved away from the grocery store murder scene in Prapadaeng as police feared a lynching. 

Mali Imsawat, 67, had her throat slashed and her 12 year old Primary 6 granddaughter named only as "A" was also murdered in a bloodbath at the weekend. 

A nine year old granddaughter named as "B" in Primary 3 was grievously injured but survived. 

Pol Gen Chalernkiat Sriworakhan outlined the crime for the press. 

Daily News said that the murderer was nonchalant throughout the reenactment. 

They also said that 4 or 5 relatives and neighbors were furious outside that they were not permitted entry into the hall where the reenactment took place. 

Phula was arrested Sunday night trying to cross illegally back into Laos at the Maekhong River in Mukdahan. 

He had robbed the grandmother of money and gold at her shop. She and her grandchildren awoke and were attacked and murdered. 

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-19
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

Vigilante [street] justice can work in obvious cases where the perpetrator is clearly known.  Keeps the legal system from being overburden and sends a clear message that certain types of behavior are not tolerated in the community.

Only in situations where there is a lot of hearsay evidence or the evidence is circumstantial would there be a need for more thorough investigations in accordance with the "rule of law".

I can see where both can be useful.

And who would decide, a committee 5555555 get a grip

reenactments i think still continue due to a devious infactuation with murder or perhaps wanting to be a murderer? I feel sick with these and this one i watched on the morning news and it is clearly morbid. Takes a sick mind to be interested in such disgusting practices. Its not difficult to murder someone. Just takes a sick mind so why the fascination? I wish this behavior of parading was stopped. This laotion idiot looked like he liked the attention and felt like hed accomplished something. So pathetic.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BestB said:

I do not get the point of reenactment. It should be saved for the court room not for all to see and bring up all sorts of feelings 

Provides some immediate answers for interested parties.  And serves as a visual dialog of what happened. 

6 hours ago, BestB said:

Again for the court room

The impulsive nature of Thais won't wait several months or even weeks to see it in the courthouse.  If they perceive that there is nothing actively being done about the injustice, they will be even more emboldened to take the justice into their own hands.

Plus, witnesses etc might all be gone by the court date.   Good luck issuing subpoenas for all of the relevant witnesses.

3 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

The impulsive nature of Thais won't wait several months or even weeks to see it in the courthouse.  If they perceive that there is nothing actively being done about the injustice, they will be even more emboldened to take the justice into their own hands.

Plus, witnesses etc might all be gone by the court date.   Good luck issuing subpoenas for all of the relevant witnesses.

Witnesses still need to testify in court and family desire to see the murders hardly justifies time wasting when all will be replayed at trial.

sorry but no excuse other than 12th century stupidity to put on a show