Pattaya more family friendly than ever as new 13km cycle way opens

webfact

Can you change your headline please????  

This is not in Pattaya , far from it!  Fake news actually .  

As a cyclist myself I stick to Beach road and the smaller sois , I wouldn't dare to ride all the way out to Sattahip just to be able to ride on a cycle way . 

On 9/21/2018 at 1:56 AM, balo said:

As a cyclist myself I stick to Beach road and the smaller sois , I wouldn't dare to ride all the way out to Sattahip just to be able to ride on a cycle way . 

Interesting balo;

I find the exact opposite in my 50K plus essays out of  Pattaya occasionally going on the "SIC" new cycleway when I feel up to the hills around the golden Buddha mountain (Not often) I might say. Much too steep for a 70 yo plus

I set off from the  darkside "Chill" area  around 4.30 am, down the byepass towards  Sattahip  (deserted) onto Sukhumvit  (Quietish) calling in at Ban Amphur, Bansare beaches and then through the back streets of Bansare to the rear entrance of the  Royal Thai Naval base, emerging back on Suk down to Jomtien beach and finally returning home via Thepprasit to the darkside around  8 0 am.

The reasons for my early set off are simple, the  air full of oxygen  the roads quietish and the  Sun not at its most damaging, exercise completed before breakfast and the rest of the day to do whatever I wish with a clear conscience that I have made my body and mind work! 

On my very occasional visits to central Pattaya I have more near misses than on any of my jaunts to the shall we say more rural areas and even Sukhumvit as long as you dont go on it at peak times apart from the noise which is very loud can be very safe if you just keep to the left hand side of the road  

Edited by n210mp
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, n210mp said:

On my very occasional visits to central Pattaya I have more near misses than on any of my jaunts to the shall we say more rural areas and even Sukhumvit as long as you dont go on it at peak times apart from the noise which is very loud can be very safe if you just keep to the left hand side of the road  

Well I live in Naklua , not  the dark side , a bicycle ride to Central is only 5 minutes away. That's why I prefer Beach road all the way up to Pratumnak hills. !   If I had lived closer to Sattahip and dark side it would have been different.. 

My bicycle is a city bike , also electric so I can use the battery if I want.  I am not going fast and would not dare to use it on the bigger roads with fast trucks and cars. 

Yes a lot of traffic in central Pattaya but it's going slow so it's easy for me to navigate between the cars.  Never had an accident in 7 years.

Edited by balo

why spend all this money on cycle routes that will be rarely used..
Money should be spent in helping to STOP flooding ....like we have just had 36 hours ago !!!
Off topic but I'll ensure you that this kind of heavy rain yesterday would have caused temporary flooding of low-lying roads also in any western country. Trust me, I'm civil engineer.

On 9/22/2018 at 6:19 PM, balo said:

Well I live in Naklua , not  the dark side , a bicycle ride to Central is only 5 minutes away. That's why I prefer Beach road all the way up to Pratumnak hills. !   If I had lived closer to Sattahip and dark side it would have been different.. 

My bicycle is a city bike , also electric so I can use the battery if I want.  I am not going fast and would not dare to use it on the bigger roads with fast trucks and cars. 

Yes a lot of traffic in central Pattaya but it's going slow so it's easy for me to navigate between the cars.  Never had an accident in 7 years.

A young fella on an electric bike  with fat tyres passed me on the railway bypass the other morning, Im not really impressed by E bikes as they seem to have more in common with motorcycles than  cycles but the one thing that did  impress me was his "cheery good morning" as he flew past and disappeared into the distance, what a nice change from  some of the "sourpusses" that normally ride around Pattaya .

Edited by n210mp

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

why spend all this money on cycle routes that will be rarely used..

Money should be spent in helping to STOP flooding ....like we have just had 36 hours ago !!!

Your statement is just not true.

I occasionally ride up or down the road and use it when i'm off to golf etc and there are always plenty of both Thai and Farang cycle riders using that road.

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2018 at 1:56 AM, balo said:

The place where the photo is taken is technically in Banglamung District and Pattaya City. The border goes along the lake that is to the right of the photo. This is just west of Wat Yan, and all of Wat Yan is also in Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2018 at 4:30 AM, johng said:

Except these "virtually useless" cycle routes are not in Pattaya City,they are about 15km south of Pattaya technically in Sattahip...

On 9/20/2018 at 4:30 AM, johng said:

Except these "virtually useless" cycle routes are not in Pattaya City,they are about 15km south of Pattaya technically in Sattahip...

'technically' but in actuality most of the people who visit this and other attractions in the area are Pattaya based so the comment is in realty fatuous and just Pattaya bashing for the sake of it.

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, n210mp said:

Im not really impressed by E bikes as they seem to have more in common with motorcycles 

Not all look like E-bikes !  My bicycle is a normal bicycle , it is lightweight with gears , so when there is no battery just paddle as much as you like. It's perfect in the city . Or off road if you want. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReo1_GgAkSx9q8-6GzPxB

On 9/20/2018 at 5:34 AM, Henrik Andersen said:

The way Thai people driving it is absolutely not safe to bikecycle there and it's fare from Pattaya 

just continue to dream of your fantasy lies Mr 

The would know your don't are a 1 class family resort 

I love the world class comments of some people...when I can understand them!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, balo said:

Not all look like E-bikes !  My bicycle is a normal bicycle , it is lightweight with gears , so when there is no battery just paddle as much as you like. It's perfect in the city . Or off road if you want. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReo1_GgAkSx9q8-6GzPxB

Anyone who "Essays" out on two wheels in the Pattaya area is definitely a "Realist" who believes in "What will be will be"  

I have a Yamaha Aerox and a ER700 Hybrid cycle  and just love the  excitement, freedom, exercise and pleasure  that my two bikes give me.   

When I said I wasn't "impressed with E bikes  it wasn't becasue of some "Ego" thing it is simply becasue in IMHO they are not one thing or the other.

I have a Motorcycle for one purpose  and a cycle for another, the fact is I get a tremendous amount of pleasure out of both of them especially with the Aerox, I can be going  in to Big C on Klang do my shopping and be back home up Soi Khao noi before someone  in a car coming from the same place as me  actually arrives in central Pattaya! (maybe a slight exaggeration)

If your choice is an E Bike than great and good luck to you, there may be a time when I will get one  too! 

5 hours ago, The manic said:

I love the world class comments of some people...when I can understand them!

Well let's put it this way: You should not be in a state of denial here. Exposing yourself on a bike around these wacked-out drivers is not advisable. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Well let's put it this way: You should not be in a state of denial here. Exposing yourself on a bike around these wacked-out drivers is not advisable. 

!

How did you deduce, workout, come up with, arrive at the silly conclusion that you did?

I am sorry to have to say that you sound about as unaware of matters pertaining to the Human psyche as a village Brahman trying to stop the rain from falling  in Nackon somewhere!

I could understand if you just made a comment saying that in your opinion cycling is dangerous and not for you  in the Pattaya area but to take the line that you did.....well you obviously like  a bit of a debate