September 21, 20188 yr Been paying 60 baht for a long time but yesterday I was asked for 65 baht,my thai lady questioned why the increase but was ignored although we got a receipt....when exactly was the toll increased as we travel monthly from Bang Na to Pattaya.
September 21, 20188 yr Went up after Songkran I think it was, pattaya - BKK on highway 7 now 105 baht
September 21, 20188 yr 3 minutes ago, jay1980 said: pattaya - BKK on highway 7 now 105 baht Was quite "big news" a while ago. A mate drove there last week and complained Can't tell when it exactly started. Edited September 21, 20188 yr by KhunBENQ
September 21, 20188 yr 5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said: Was quite "big news" a while ago. A mate drove there last week and complained Can't tell when it exactly started. if it really bothers him, he could drive up Sukhumvit to just after Chonburi city then pick up bangna trad express way for 55 baht I think it is (or bounce along and dodge the big trucks doing U-turns under the express way for free 555 )
September 21, 20188 yr I noticed that the Bell bus from Suv. turned towards Laem Chabang and then south on Sukhumvit to the northern bus terminal. Also a money saver?
September 21, 20188 yr 8 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said: 5 THB pffff Yes, but he travels each way every month so that is 120 baht a year (or 2 beers in my currency).
September 21, 20188 yr I am still not happy about this. I have to do the same a few times a week. I got tired of paying almost 200 baht round trip a day in tolls so I started leaving at 5:30am to Pattaya and don't take the highway to avoid the tolls and traffic. Coming back in the afternoon it's either pay the toll or get stuck in an extra hour or so of traffic. So when I head back late afternoon I just pay the toll. So I at least cut a few hundred baht a week in toll fee's doing this.
September 22, 20188 yr Author 17 hours ago, FritsSikkink said: 5 THB pffff I,m not complaining about the 5 baht,the fare increase should have come into force on the newly opened Pattaya section months ago @45 baht but it didn,t just increased by 40 baht....now months later they tag the extra 5 baht on the Bang na-Chonburi section without any notification.....crafty really as more cars will use this area rather than the last section to Pattaya
September 22, 20188 yr 5 hours ago, petermik said: I,m not complaining about the 5 baht,the fare increase should have come into force on the newly opened Pattaya section months ago @45 baht but it didn,t just increased by 40 baht....now months later they tag the extra 5 baht on the Bang na-Chonburi section without any notification.....crafty really as more cars will use this area rather than the last section to Pattaya So are you actually saying that in fact you have been getting away with a lesser charge since April then you expected.............. What charge is shown on the big blue signs (normally a little way before each toll booth) for that journey?
September 22, 20188 yr 18 hours ago, chickenslegs said: Yes, but he travels each way every month so that is 120 baht a year (or 2 beers in my currency). Gas has gone up much more than the toll!
September 23, 20188 yr Author On 9/22/2018 at 8:21 AM, topt said: What charge is shown on the big blue signs (normally a little way before each toll booth) for that journey? As I,m usually doing 120 kms/hour I don,t get the time to look......
September 25, 20188 yr On 9/21/2018 at 7:59 PM, jay1980 said: Went up after Songkran I think it was, pattaya - BKK on highway 7 now 105 baht That's right, it was free on the stretch south of Phanat Nikhom to Pattaya from the time they started the tolls until Songkran. We travel the motorways fairly regularly and the only change I have seen since April is that from Chonburi to Bang Khae you no longer pay going on to the No 9 at the Bang Na interchange, just the once at the end of the No 9 stretch. The toll however is the same as the 2 individual legs. There is a 5 baht difference between the 344 interchange and the interchange at the end of the Chonburi bypass and I do not know when that came into play, Songkran or later, or how it would impact on a journey from further north. Using that junction was free to us as it was south of the old Phanat Nikhom toll booth across the road and we stopped using it because of local road works. They have now cleared and when we came back that way recently we were 45 baht as opposed to 40 baht straight on to the Chonburi bypass. The stretch north of Phanat Nikhom up to the airport has been the same since April.
September 25, 20188 yr On 9/22/2018 at 9:43 AM, petermik said: I,m not complaining about the 5 baht,the fare increase should have come into force on the newly opened Pattaya section months ago @45 baht but it didn,t just increased by 40 baht....now months later they tag the extra 5 baht on the Bang na-Chonburi section without any notification.....crafty really as more cars will use this area rather than the last section to Pattaya "now months later they tag the extra 5 baht on the Bang na-Chonburi section without any notification" Not quite sure what you mean by that, the No 7 does not come from Bang Na.
September 25, 20188 yr now I don't driving if I'm going to pattaya for the weekend, cheaper on the bus
Create an account or sign in to comment