Condo owner does not want to bother reporting me via the TM30 or online & what about Bangkok Immigration and marriage yearly extension

Hello,

What to do if your condo owner does not want to bother to report you with the TM30 form or through the online website?

I'll be living in Bangkok.

But 2 years ago, in Sri Racha, Chonburi, I had to pay about 2000 THB as a fine (I do not remember the exact amount but between 1k and 3k) + the 2k for extension).

Will it be similar at Bangkok immigration?

Another question is: will Bangkok Immigration accept my French affidavit saying I get 63k a month. This is to get the one-year extension based on being the Husband of a Thai Woman? In Pattaya, they turned me down 2 years ago and said they would accept only the 400k in the bank because "I'm young" - (I'm 25 so I was 23).

In general, is Bangkok Immigration "easier" to deal with than Pattaya and Sri Racha immigration that I have found terrible?

Thank you

Edited by alexlm

I just sent my wife with her blue book and the documents, and instructions that she wanted to register an alien staying at her house (she's a tenant, and I told her not to proffer the information that she wasn't the owner) - they didn't bat an eyelid, done in 5 minutes.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alexlm said:

But 2 years ago, in Sri Racha, Chonburi, I had to pay about 2000 THB as a fine (I do not remember the exact amount but between 1k and 3k) + the 2k for extension).

No. Bangkok immigration do not insist on the TM.30 being submitted to get an extension.

3 hours ago, alexlm said:

Another question is: will Bangkok Immigration accept my French affidavit saying I get 63k a month. This is to get the one-year extension based on being the Husband of a Thai Woman? In Pattaya, they turned me down 2 years ago and said they would accept only the 400k in the bank because "I'm young" - (I'm 25 so I was 23).

I expect that it would be accepted in Bangkok, and surprised Pattaya denied it based on your age. 

I guess their logic was that not many 23 year olds have that level of genuine passive income and were suspicious that you are illegally working.

Edited by elviajero

6 hours ago, alexlm said:

What to do if your condo owner does not want to bother to report you with the TM30 form or through the online website?

I'll be living in Bangkok.

No TM-30s in Bangkok, so not surprising your condo-owner doesn't want to file one. Many report they tried in-person to submit them, and they were rejected.  Another claimed he mailed one in and got a receipt, but definitely not being enforced there. 

But, you should definitely file a TM-28 in Bangkok if already on a 1-year extension and moving there from another area.  I recall at least one report of someone fined for not doing this.  Do this first, then apply for the 1-year extension.

I am not at all surprised that the IOs at the "family desk" in Jomtien ignored the rules and made up their own - not accepting income at all, rather than simply asking for proof of it.  I had the same experience with the "conversions" desk in that office - I had bank-books proving the income on my affidavit was valid, but they handed me a "custom" list, contradicting the one I had received at the front-desk a few days prior, which didn't list income *at all* as a means of passing the financial test. 

If you rent where you live, it is unlikely you can get a marriage-based extension without using an agent in Jomtien.  I tried this, and was given incrementally more "impossible to get" landlord-docs with each attempt, until I gave up (wife begged me not to subject her to their treatment any more) and went to Savannakhet, Laos for a Non-O Multiple-Entry Visa.

Retirement is reported as friendly at that office, but for Family and Conversions, they work very hard to push you to an agent and pay 10x+ the actual cost of the extension, so they can get a fat brown envelope from the agent as part of the deal.

In general, is Bangkok Immigration "easier" to deal with than Pattaya and Sri Racha immigration that I have found terrible?

Yes.  The good thing about Chang Wattana in Bangkok, is that they follow the actual published rules for all services.  They are not reported make up BS rules to force you to pay agent-money. 

It is reported that IOs sometimes want to see proof of the income claimed on embassy income-affidavits, so you may need to show evidence of the monthly income for your marriage-based extension - 40K Baht worth or more in bank-statements or similar. It is best to be prepared for this possibility.

3 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Chaeng Wattana

Are you actually reporting a change of address or one instead of a TM30 (Chaeng Wattana does not ask for it).

They would probably accept it by mail for a change of address but at that office you could wait until you have to go there for something else.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could mail it in if you want to.

Even if he had a  tracking receipt, how could he prove he sent them  the form they want from him?

For example, same with mailing something to the IRS.    Hard to prove the mailed envelop actually had anything in it.

4 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Even if he had a  tracking receipt, how could he prove he sent them  the form they want from him?

Immigration accept the receipt as proof it was sent for 90 day reports. Same for the change of address form.

In Bangkok:

If you have recently changed your address I suggest you to report your new address since no one has reported you (to avoid any fine). Just take your contract copy, passport and have TM-8 with you (hopefully there is address of property on contract) and a TM-30 (get a copy of landlord card if possible). 

For example:

If you move to a Thai house only Thai owner is required to report you at the time if moving and you are required to report your new address at the time of 90 day report. 

Edited by The Theory
  • Sad 1

In the case of renting a condo, I find it strange that no TM30 report is being filed as a regular part of the move in procedure in the OP's case. When I started to rent my condo in Bangkok, the staff at the condo's office prepared the TM30 form, had my landlord and myself sign it and made the photocopies they needed. I can only assume that they took that form to immigration to report my presence.

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Yes.  The good thing about Chang Wattana in Bangkok, is that they follow the actual published rules for all services.  They are not reported make up BS rules to force you to pay agent-money. 

It is reported that IOs sometimes want to see proof of the income claimed on embassy income-affidavits, so you may need to show evidence of the monthly income for your marriage-based extension - 40K Baht worth or more in bank-statements or similar. It is best to be prepared for this possibility.

I could be wrong but i suspect the reason for Chang Wattana following the actual rules is the fact that the bosses are looking over their shoulder as the immigration HQ is located in BKK.

IO's are always allowed to ask for proof to see that the income affidavits is correct so this is nothing special but in most cases they don't do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2018 at 8:00 PM, alexlm said:

As has been said, the Bangkok immigration office does not currently enforce the notification with the form TM.30 for foreigners arriving at a private residence.

With regard to immigration offices that enforce this requirement, section 38 of the Immigration Act requires the House-master, the owner or the possessor, listed in that order, to submit the notificationn.

In the case of a rented residence, section 4 of the Immigration Act defines the tenant as the House-master.

• 4 weeks later...