Help with non-O/marriage

Hi I hope someone can give me some advice because everyone I have spoken to seems to say different things.

I got my Non-O yesterday. I gather I now have to go to immigration to fill some form about my address etc and get extension of stay based on marriage.

I have been told that I will need to take half a dozen photos of us in the house, outside the house etc when I go on Monday.

I was told that on a Non-O I still need to leave every 90 days. But if I fill in the immigration papers and show photos of us together then I don't need to leave?

I'm so confused right now.

Where did you get your non-o visa? Is it a single or multiple entry visa.

You could apply for a one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa at your local immigration office. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the date you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

Here is my general list of the required documents and etc. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

When applying for a 12 month extension based on having a Thai Wife you will to to find the following items plus anything else the office requires.

A Rough Guide.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.

Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

37 minutes ago, pr9spk said:

I was told that on a Non-O I still need to leave every 90 days. But if I fill in the immigration papers and show photos of us together then I don't need to leave?

I'm so confused right now.

When you enter using a non ‘O’ visa you’re granted permission to stay for 90 days. You must leave the country on or before the 90th day unless you extend your permission to stay.

If you extend your stay by 1 year you can stay continuously in the country for the whole of that year. At the end of that year you must leave the country or apply for a new extension of stay.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, elviajero said:

When you enter using a non ‘O’ visa you’re granted permission to stay for 90 days. You must leave the country on or before the 90th day unless you extend your permission to stay.

If you extend your stay by 1 year you can stay continuously in the country for the whole of that year. At the end of that year you must leave the country or apply for a new extension of stay.

OK

Edited by pr9spk

For a non multiple entry you can fly to Singapore and back within an afternoon and no questions asked coming back in. Can also extend it by 60 days for 2000B but needed rental documents from landlord with government stamps etc. The tourist police in Phuket immigration had no clue about the 60 day extension so was a few trips back and forth getting the right paperwork. Ah the joys

4 minutes ago, pr9spk said:

Yes I have a multi entry non-O from Savannakhet. I don't really want to leave the country every 90 days so whats the next step?

I answered that question here.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a one year extension of stay during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa at your local immigration office. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the date you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

Here is my general list of the required documents and etc. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

8 minutes ago, Charlatans said:

Im fairly certain you have to leave every 3 months regardless and apply for the 1 year visa in the last month of the final extension.  

No you do not have to wait for the visa to expire. The extension of stay (visas are not extended) can be applied for during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from the visa.

13 minutes ago, pr9spk said:

But last time I was at Ubon immigration, they told me that I had to back to them ASAP after coming back from Savannakhet. Why is that?

Probably to do a TM30 report of your presence at the residence where you are staying.

Download: TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pr9spk said:

Yes I have a multi entry non-O from Savannakhet. I don't really want to leave the country every 90 days so whats the next step?

A 1 year extension as already advised, OR it’s possible to extend any 90 day stay by 60 days giving you up to 150 days between exits, You don’t need to provide financials to get a 60 day extension.

If you can meet the financial requirements a 1 year extension is the best option.

5 hours ago, Charlatans said:

Can also extend it by 60 days for 2000B but needed rental documents from landlord with government stamps etc. The tourist police in Phuket immigration had no clue about the 60 day extension so was a few trips back and forth getting the right paperwork. Ah the joys 

I got the same "landlord-docs" runaround in Jomtien, as have others seeking 60-day or 1-year marriage-based extensions.  Maybe they are just looking out for our wives - encouraging us to take our them back to their home province ? (more likely fishing for agent-money).

But, the OP is using Udon, so may have a more pleasant experience.