Recommend neurologist in Pattaya?

wpcoe

For a few years now, I've had on-again and off-again headaches that seem to be centered behind my right eye.  In June I was diagnosed with an epiretinal membrane (basically a piece of tissue that grows in front of the focal point of the retina) in my right eye by Dr. Roy at Rutnin Hospital.  I asked him if that could be the cause of my headaches and he said it was unlikely and advised me to see a neurologist.  He recommended waiting on surgery for a few months to monitor it.

I quietly persisted with the notion that my headaches were linked to the epiretinal membrane, wondering if the headaches were caused by eyestrain from the eyes trying to focus together.  (A symptom of an epiretinal membrane is a "bulge" in your eyesight, in my case in the right eye only. If I look at a straight line with just my right eye, it bulges but with my left eye it is straight.)  I spend way too much time on the computer and thought that that could be the headache cause.  I've recently been editing family photos in Photoshop (removing scratches, balancing color and contrast, etc) to digitize them and trying to focus on tiny items has occasionally been a struggle.

The past couple of day or two the headache has been pretty constant, even though I have been using the computer (and reading in general) much less, and taking the usual aspirin/acetominaphen/caffeine pills. If they persist I want to consult a neurologist as Dr. Roy recommended.  The headaches are not debilitating: more like "annoying."  I live in Jomtien so would prefer a doctor in Pattaya, but if the recommendation is somebody in Bangkok, that's definitely do-able.

Sorry for the long post, but in past posts asking for neurologist recommendations, Sheryl indicated they are rather specialized and the type of neurologist depended on the problem.

One other possibly related symptom:  Yesterday for an hour or so, I had vivid/brightly-lit "floaters" in my eyes.  Usually they are clear/grey and merely distractions but these were like a brightly lit fractal screen saver.  Initially it was a single bright floater centered in my field of vision, so I gave up trying to read.  That floater was akin to some cluster of letters like a product logo, and was bright. Then it expanded to several bright (when I closed my eyes they were like multi-colored LEDs) floaters in fairly geometric shapes.  After an hour or so, they disappeared.  Related to my headaches?  Not sure, but thought I'd mention it.

In Pattaya, this doctor specializes in headache 

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/doctor-profile?v_id=155&depid=20

No training in the west, just in Thailand

In Bangkok:

https://www.bnhhospital.com/find-doctor/search-result/doctor/767/

https://www.bumrungrad.com/doctors/Nijasri-Charnnarong

Prof. Anan listed first under Bkk above is the leading expert in Thailand on this and trained in Australia.

If the doctor does not think the bright light floaters are related to the headache and they recur better go back to Rutnin

• Thanks 1