Marriage Visa Savannakhet

20 hours ago, Happy enough said:

all same

original and copy of marriage cert, signed by her, copy wife id or passport signed by her

copy her tabian baan signed by her

copies of your passport main page and entry/exit stamps

that's it and just fee and photos

The copy of the marriage certificate must be of both sides and as well as that you missed the completed application form. I know that application is obvious but he did ask "exactly". For 100THB the guy across the street will complete your application and check your docs. I did mine two weeks ago.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sjbrownderby said:

The copy of the marriage certificate must be of both sides and as well as that you missed the completed application form. I know that application is obvious but he did ask "exactly". For 100THB the guy across the street will complete your application and check your docs. I did mine two weeks ago.

if the marriage cert is only one sided  it doesn't need to be copied both sides. if theres print on the other side then of course that needs to be copied. and i am not going to insult the guys intelligence that he needs to fill out the application form. 

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Mudmat said:

Is this for a 1 year multi entry marriage visa or non immigrant O.

There is no marriage visa. When people say that they really mean a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage that is valid for one year from the date of issue.

13 hours ago, Happy enough said:

if the marriage cert is only one sided  it doesn't need to be copied both sides. if theres print on the other side then of course that needs to be copied. and i am not going to insult the guys intelligence that he needs to fill out the application form. 

The guy DID use the word "exactly" in his original post. He DID NOT use the word "approximately"

Edited by sjbrownderby
emphasis
  • Confused 1

Thanks Ubon Joe for your input.

I'm still confused about the 400,000 THB in a Thai bank account requirement.

I have read several times on here that no funds are required to be shown either in Savannakhet - or in London for that matter – when applying for the Non-O Visa being discussed on this thread.

At other times I have read posts that appear to directly contradict this.

That leaves me not understanding at which point in the whole process is the 400,000 THB requirement to be shown.

Is it in fact when one applies for the Non-O Visa based on marriage (as mentioned on this thread)?

(Evidence would suggest that's not the case)

Or is it required at the time of conversion of the Non-O Visa to a one year extension based on marriage at immigration office in Thailand?

(When you begin the process of doing the one year extension.)

I have definitely read contradictory statements presented as facts.

I would more than likely do the Non-O Visa based on marriage in Savannakhet rather than London, as there are less requirements I believe (medical reports etc.)

I'm a UK national.

Finally, - does the above apply equally to Non-O Visa based on Retirement?

(I can go either way, but retirement has a big advantage for me, in that I can split the 800,000 into income plus bank deposit)

Clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, raysunshineray said:

Or is it required at the time of conversion of the Non-O Visa to a one year extension based on marriage at immigration office in Thailand?

The 400k baht or proof of 4k baht income is only needed when applying for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration.

Savannakhet and most other embassies or consulates do not ask for it to apply for a non-o visa,

6 minutes ago, raysunshineray said:

I would more than likely do the Non-O Visa based on marriage in Savannakhet rather than London, as there are less requirements I believe (medical reports etc.)

You do not need a medical certificate to apply for a non- visa anywhere. Your are confusing it with a non-oa long stay visa for retirement.

7 minutes ago, raysunshineray said:

Finally, - does the above apply equally to Non-O Visa based on Retirement?

(I can go either way, but retirement has a big advantage for me, in that I can split the 800,000 into income plus bank deposit)

You cannot get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet based upon being 50 or over for retirement in Savannakhet.

You need 800k baht in Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration.

hi guys, im new on the forum, i find interesting to share knowledge in this wide and sometimes confusing threat about visas on thailand, i was in savannakhet about 2 months ago applying for my (marriage) non o visa 1 year, i have to check every 90 days in any immigration office, if im not wrong, do you know if this have any cost? i read i must go to check there at least 1 week before the 90 days expire, does anyone know if this is true, or i can just go the last day of the 90 days?

what do you guys suggest after this non o visa, to extend it another one year, just going to savannakhet and show all the documents that i show before is enough or then i must show the 400k? since i don't have such amount another option do you think could be that i apply for a work permit before my non o visa expires (my wife has a little company)? can i find more updated info about this on this site? thanks anyone who takes the time to reply, cheers. if i can help to anyone on the non o visa process i just made it so feel free to contact me 

11 minutes ago, southruben said:

hi guys, im new on the forum, i find interesting to share knowledge in this wide and sometimes confusing threat about visas on thailand, i was in savannakhet about 2 months ago applying for my (marriage) non o visa 1 year, i have to check every 90 days in any immigration office, if im not wrong, do you know if this have any cost? i read i must go to check there at least 1 week before the 90 days expire, does anyone know if this is true, or i can just go the last day of the 90 days?

A multiple entry non-o visa only allows a 90 day entry. You have to leave the country every 90 days for a new 90 day entry.

Look at the admitted until date on the entry stamp you got when you entered the country after getting the visa. It is 90 days from the date you entered the country.

You wrote about doing reports of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country. You cannot stay longer than 90 days so they do not apply in your case.

11 minutes ago, southruben said:

what do you guys suggest after this non o visa, to extend it another one year, just going to savannakhet and show all the documents that i show before is enough or then i must show the 400k? since i don't have such amount another option do you think could be that i apply for a work permit before my non o visa expires (my wife has a little company)? can i find more updated info about this on this site? thanks anyone who takes the time to reply, cheers. if i can help to anyone on the non o visa process i just made it so feel free to contact me 

You can apply for another multiple entry non-o visa after the one you have now expires in Savannakhet with no financial proof (uness the rules change).

If you do not want to leave the country every 90 days you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A multiple entry non-o visa only allows a 90 day entry. You have to leave the country every 90 days for new 90 day entry.

Look at the admitted until date on the entry stamp you got when you entered the country after getting the visa. It is 90 days from the date you entered the country.

You wrote about doing reports of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country. You cannot stay longer than 90 days so they do not apply in your case.

You apply for another multiple entry non-o visa after the one you have now expires in Savannakhet with no financial proof.

If you do not want to leave the country every 90 days you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40 baht income. You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa.

Thanks a lot @ubonjoe

so at the end of the 90 days ill go to the border (khlong yai, which is the closer to me) to cross and comeback in same the same day, which will allow me for another 90 days right? do i need to show all the documents again when i re-entry to Thailand or only passport is ok? any cost to pay? 

And when this year finishes ill go then to apply to another year to savannakhet if no financial proof is needed, do you know how many years can you do that? just curious..

Is it okay to apply for a work permit in my wifes company at the end of my non o visa this year? so ill be able to work with her? where can i find the requirements if its possible to do this? thanks again 

2 minutes ago, pikao said:

No cost for the 90 days report (apart from your travel). And you can either report max. 2 weeks ahead of date or even 7 days after. That´s at least how it is handled at Samui Immigration

thanks, the 90 days report you do it getting out and in of thailand at any border or in the closest immigration office inside the country? below @ubonjoe said i must go out of the country before the 90 days, any document do i need to show regarding to marriage or similar for the new 90 days? 

11 minutes ago, pikao said:

Maybe I got yor question wrong because of "90 days report". That´s what I have to do on base of a 1 year, extendable "Retirement Visa".

Inside Thailand, closest Immigration Office. Apart from that ubonjoe knows a lot more than I do. Doing the 90-day Report | ThaiEmbassy.com.html

ok i see, i didn't explain myself properly, we have different visa, anyway mr ubonjoe made it clear already, thanks

16 minutes ago, southruben said:

so at the end of the 90 days ill go to the border (khlong yai, which is the closer to me) to cross and comeback in same the same day, which will allow me for another 90 days right? do i need to show all the documents again when i re-entry to Thailand or only passport is ok? any cost to pay?

You can cross and return the same day at that crossing which is normally referred to a the Hat Lek crossing. No need for anything other than you passport and a new TM6 arrival card.

The only cost will be for a visa on arrival for Cambodia. You could use a Cambodia e-visa at that crossing (no full page visa sticker needed). See: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

Instead of leaving the country every 90 days you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife at your local immigration office. You can apply for one for every entry. 

17 minutes ago, southruben said:

And when this year finishes ill go then to apply to another year to savannakhet if no financial proof is needed, do you know how many years can you do that? just curious..

You could keep getting one for as long as they continue doing them.

26 minutes ago, southruben said:

Is it okay to apply for a work permit in my wifes company at the end of my non o visa this year? so ill be able to work with her? where can i find the requirements if its possible to do this? thanks again 

You can could apply for a work permit with the non-o visa you have now.

Your wife's company would have to have a registered capital of at least 1 million baht and 4 (2 at some work permit offices) Thai employees to apply for it.

For more info I suggest you have your wife ask what is needed at at Department of Employment office for the province where you living.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Instead of leaving the country every 90 days you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife at your local immigration office. You can apply for one for every entry. 

thanks you are making things clear really quick, but just this last point confused me a bit, i never hear about it before, so how it works? in end october my first 90 days will come to the end, just before, can i go to the local immigration office to extend it 60 days? or i have cross border first and when i get back with 90 days extension, i go to the local immigration office so ill have 90 + 60 total 150 days until the next border cross? does this make sense? 

7 minutes ago, southruben said:

in end october my first 90 days will come to the end, just before, can i go to the local immigration office to extend it 60 days? 

You can apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife during the last couple of weeks of your current 90 day entry.

Your wife will have to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. The fee for it is 1900 baht.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife during the last couple of weeks of your current 90 day entry.

Your wife will have to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. The fee for it is 1900 baht.

ok got it, and after the 60 day extension cross the border to get another 90 days... so actually that would make my 1 year non o visa longer than 1 year, lets say 90days 4 times + 60 wife extension before each border cross, would be a total of 600 days, which is like 1 year and 8 months, is this possible? probably more expensive than just go to savannahketh and just extend 1 more year...

Thanks Ubon Joe

That's a great clarification regarding when the funds need to be shown in the process.

Helps a lot to have information that one knows is correct, so one's preparations are appropriate to actual requirements.

Just one more if you don't mind......

If one were to convert an SETV into a Non-O Visa based on RETIREMENT at an immigration office in Thailand, is it still a requirement to have a medical report in this instance?

(I've already read enough on the basics of how this is done.)

If yes, a report from home country or Thai doctor?

I can envisage that in the UK, one would be asked -

What kind of medical report do you require?”

Answer ?????

I don't think there is any single type of general medical report.

Most reports are for specific illnesses, suspected or otherwise.

I don't have any of the diseases I've seen listed, but I do know that getting ANYTHING in the UK is like getting blood out of a stone these days, - as well as being fleeced for it.

Police report is also a requirement – not a problem.

But all in all it seems like there are more docs to get hold of for retirement than for the Non-O visa based on marriage.

I find that surprising since it has been said on here many times before that the retirement route is a whole lot simpler than the marriage one – according to a large percentage of opinion anyway.

Any comments / clarifications welcomed.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, southruben said:

ok got it, and after the 60 day extension cross the border to get another 90 days... so actually that would make my 1 year non o visa longer than 1 year, lets say 90days 4 times + 60 wife extension before each border cross, would be a total of 600 days, which is like 1 year and 8 months, is this possible? probably more expensive than just go to savannahketh and just extend 1 more year...

You can only get about 17 months of total stay from your visa. You have to do the last entry on or before the date you visa expires. And then that 90 day entry could be extended for 60 days.

You could do 90 days + 60 + 90 + 60 which is about 10 months then do a new entry for 90 days and then after about 60 days get the last 90 day entry from the visa.

6 minutes ago, raysunshineray said:

If one were to convert an SETV into a Non-O Visa based on RETIREMENT at an immigration office in Thailand, is it still a requirement to have a medical report in this instance?

A medical certificate or police clearance is not needed for anything you will be doing at immigration.

You could get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage and then apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only get about 17 months of total stay from your visa. You have to do the last entry on or before the date you visa expires. And then that 90 day entry could be extended for 60 days.

You could do 90 days + 60 + 90 + 60 which is about 10 months then do a new entry for 90 days and then after about 60 days get the last 90 day entry from the visa.

awesome, thousand thanks for all your accurate answers, have a great evening 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 2:54 PM, ubonjoe said:

Is there a Visa required for Canadians if go to Savannakhet, or is passport sufficient? Also, if i'm employed from Singapore can i use that as proof of income rather than the 400K in the bank?