Marriage Visa Savannakhet

I'm going to ask a question here rather than start a new thread.

I have to renew my Non-O visa in early November. However I'm scheduled to do the border hop in late October.

If I do the border crossing will that give me an additional 3 months and I can renew my Non-O visa in January instead? Or will I have to renew it in November regardless?

11 minutes ago, canadian said:

Is there a Visa required for Canadians if go to Savannakhet, or is passport sufficient?

You will need to get a Lao visa on arrival to enter Laos.  The fee for it is $42 US. More info here. https://www.laos-guide-999.com/laos-visa-on-arrival.html

11 minutes ago, canadian said:

Also, if i'm employed from Singapore can i use that as proof of income rather than the 400K in the bank?

The consulate in Savannakhet does not ask for financial proof to get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The consulate in Savannakhet does not ask for financial proof to get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai.

If i was to extend my current extension based on Marriage, could i use my Singapore Salary to do so as proof of income?

10 minutes ago, canadian said:

If i was to extend my current extension based on Marriage, could i use my Singapore Salary to do so as proof of income?

You could use your income to meet the 40k baht requirement.  You would need to do a statutory declaration for proof of it from at Canadian embassy in Bangkok.

Edited by ubonjoe
corrected embassy info

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could use your income to meet the 40k baht requirement.  You would need to do a statutory declaration for proof of it from at Canadian embassy in Bangkok.

Would this require any company documents from my employer in Singapore.

• 6 months later...
On 9/26/2018 at 12:20 AM, anon789561 said:

copies of your passport main page and entry/exit stamps

that's it and just fee and photos

I will be exiting Thailand on a new passport.

The copies of the main page passport would be from the old passport including the visa and stamps. Will this be an issue when applying for a non-o visa based on marriage (multi).

6 minutes ago, Pravda said:

The copies of the main page passport would be from the old passport including the visa and stamps. Will this be an issue when applying for a non-o visa based on marriage (multi).

You will need a copy of your new passports photo page to apply for the visa.

The consulate does no ask for anything more than the photo page.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 1:42 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you do not want to leave the country every 90 days you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa.

What documents are required to apply for a one year extension having 400k in a Thai bank for 2 months, is it just bank statements and a letter from the bank or wife's documents too?

After extension for 400k is the multi-entry status retained?

Thanks for any information.

42 minutes ago, brettndm said:

What documents are required to apply for a one year extension having 400k in a Thai bank for 2 months, is it just bank statements and a letter from the bank or wife's documents too?

Thanks for any information.

The one-year extension on the basis of marriage to a Thai requires lots of stuff. There are many threads on TV that cover this.

After successfully extending your initial 90-day stay, you now have (i) a one-year permission to stay; and (ii) a multiple entry Non O visa. They are not linked. If you exit Thailand (without taking any other precautions) your one-year permission to stay ends, but you can re-enter Thailand and get a new 90-day stay (assuming your visa has not expired). To keep your extended permission to stay intact when you leave and re-enter Thailand, you should purchase a re-entry permit before leaving.

4 hours ago, brettndm said:

You need an assortment of supporting documents but not that difficult to obtain. This is my general list. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

4 hours ago, brettndm said:

No

You will need to get a re-entry permit after you get the one year extension to keep it valid if you want travel. A single re-entry permit is 1000 baht and a multiple 3800 baht.

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

The one-year extension on the basis of marriage to a Thai requires lots of stuff. There are many threads on TV that cover this.

After successfully extending your initial 90-day stay, you now have (i) a one-year permission to stay; and (ii) a multiple entry Non O visa. They are not linked. If you exit Thailand (without taking any other precautions) your one-year permission to stay ends, but you can re-enter Thailand and get a new 90-day stay (assuming your visa has not expired). To keep your extended permission to stay intact when you leave and re-enter Thailand, you should purchase a re-entry permit before leaving.

All clear now, appreciate your help.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need an assortment of supporting documents but not that difficult to obtain. This is my general list. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

No

You will need to get a re-entry permit after you get the one year extension to keep it valid if you want travel. A single re-entry permit is 1000 baht and a multiple 3800 baht.

Thanks for your help and list of requirements.

• 2 months later...

Just wanting to clarify, after mucking up my OA second year ,i am now on a 30 day exempt .

I have all documents to support my application for an O visa based on married to a Thai and i will apply in Savannakhet before my visa exempt expires.

I intend to apply for an extension of the said visa before 90 days which i assume will give me 1 year ? or will i get 1 year from Laos? I also have the 400k in the bank and would of been there for more than 2 months.

On a multiple entry (5000 bht from Laos) do i need to leave Thailand every 90 days?

I hope im making sense. 

thank you in advance 

9 hours ago, wozza said:

I intend to apply for an extension of the said visa before 90 days which i assume will give me 1 year ? or will i get 1 year from Laos? I also have the 400k in the bank and would of been there for more than 2 months.

You only need a single entry non-o visa if you plan on applying for a one year extension of stay. You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 90 entry from the visa.

A single entry (2000 baht) is valid for entry to the country for 3 months from the date of issue and a multiple entry allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

9 hours ago, wozza said:

On a multiple entry (5000 bht from Laos) do i need to leave Thailand every 90 days?

Yes you do have to leave the country for a new 90 day entry every 90 days.

I just got back from Savannakhet last night. Drove to Mukdahan on Monday and arrived around 4:30 pm, parked car (250b per day covered parking). Daparted Thailand. Crossed bridge, and got the single entry Laos visa. Tuesday, went to consulate. Waited all but 20 minutes in line. 1 minute to process multiple-O based on marriage. Paid the 5000b.

Headed down to the Mekong and drank a few 35b BeerLao Darks. Got some good eats. Went back Wednesday at 2:00 pm, and waited 5 minutes in line. Picked up my PP with a fresh Multiple-O good for 1 year. Done and dusted. No financial, no BS. Just proof of marriage to a Thai (which is all it should be IMO) and other documents that have already been covered in this thread. 

Been married 12 years.  I was always on a Non immigrant with extension, until this year. First time going this route and by far, the multiple entry based on marriage is the easiest, hassle free solution. I only live 1 hour from the nearest border crossing so that helps. Just FYI, DON'T go to Sav. on a Mon. or Thurs. Peace.

Edited by mizzi39
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Falconator said:

After you get the multi-entry marriage visa, when would you need to show the 400k deposit proof? Is it after 3 months when you need to get an in-country extension?

A multiple entry non-o visa is valid for one year and allows unlimited 90 day entries up to the date it expires.

If is you choice whether you want to apply for the one year extension of stay by showing 400k baht in the bank for 2 months. You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any the 90 day entries from the visa.

Just want to check regarding One Year Multiple Entry based on marriage:

On going out after every 90 days, is there no other requirement - such as a re-entry permit?

Or is that only for those on long-stay extensions based on retirement/marriage?

Nothing else one needs to do then?

Something as simple and straight-forward as 'go out, come back' seems almost too good to be true.

6 minutes ago, raysunshineray said:

On going out after every 90 days, is there no other requirement - such as a re-entry permit?

Nothing is needed. No need for re-entry permit since the visa allows unlimited 90 day entries.

7 minutes ago, raysunshineray said:

Or is that only for those on long-stay extensions based on retirement/marriage?

It is only needed for extensions or to keep a visa entry valid after the visa expires.