Thai Banks Which Pay Interest To Non-residents

BANKS THAT PAY NON-RESIDENTS FOR SAVINGS ACCOUNTS

Government Housing Bank

Government Savings Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

BANKS THAT DON'T PAY NON-RESIDENTS

Thai Farmers Bank

Bangkok Bank -- No interest for savings account. Interest for 1,000,000 fixed deposit

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank+Th...posit+Rates.htm

Everyone please copy this into your post and add to it so we can make a complete list.

Then, if you can go to your non-paying bank and drain nearly all of your funds and tell the bank why, please repost back their response.

Government Housing Bank

Government Savings Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

Thai Military Bank

Thai Farmers Bank

Bangkok Bank -- No interest for savings account. Interest for 1,000,000 fixed deposit

Everyone please copy this into your post and add to it so we can make a complete list.

Then, if you can go to your non-paying bank and drain nearly all of your funds and tell the bank why, please repost back their response.

The Bangkok Bank fixed term account pays interest as you state, however, I did hear somewhere that only current residents with this type of account can carry on, they are not paying interest to new applicants.

Anyone else heard this? ...... but of a shot in the foot for the BB if it's true.

Good idea, but this is actually a bit more complicated, in the usual TIT fashion. And I use TIT fashion advisedly.

As a non resident it is possible to have a resident account. I don't know why, but it is so.

There are so many permutations to the system that an actuary would have difficulty. But anyway, don't let me put you off. It will be interesting to see what transpires from your inquiry!

Government Housing Bank

Government Savings Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

Thai Military Bank

BANKS THAT DON'T PAY NON-RESIDENTS FOR SAVINGS ACCOUNTS

Thai Farmers Bank

Bank of Ayutthaya -- No interest for savings account. Interest for fixed deposit

Then, if you can go to your non-paying bank and drain nearly all of your funds and tell the bank why, please report with back their response.

Government Housing Bank

Government Savings Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

Thai Farmers Bank

I dispute that.

I have Thai Farmers Bank which I opened without a work permit nor a visa, and I've been earning interest with it ever since. I have a work permit now, but the interest would come in even when I didn't have the permit yet, and I never informed them when I "finally got" a work permit either. Therefore, it seems irrelevant to them (at least in my branch).

Cheers.

Krung Thai bank do NOT pay interest and will not tell you this. They will not provide this rule/policy in writing. They will however pay interest if you provide them with a copy of your work permit.

Kasikorn Thai, Siam Commercial and Bangkok Bank all paid interest into a/c's that I previously held.

Like many banking and other policies in Thailand you will find a high degree of inconsistency between branches of the same bank/organisation.

My advice is to check you receive your interest payment every 6 months.

I dispute that.

I have Thai Farmers Bank which I opened without a work permit nor a visa, and I've been earning interest with it ever since. I have a work permit now, but the interest would come in even when I didn't have the permit yet, and I never informed them when I "finally got" a work permit either. Therefore, it seems irrelevant to them (at least in my branch).

Cheers.

I agree. Kasokorn let me open an account, using my passport as the only means of ID. They pay interest, but it seems they pay on something like your lowest balance over a 6 month period & the rate seems pretty low as well.

Soundman.

Government Housing Bank

Government Savings Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

Siam City Bank

Kasikorn Bank (Thai Farmers Bank)

Government Housing Bank

Government Savings Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

Siam City Bank

Kasikorn Bank (Thai Farmers Bank)

Bank of Ayutthya

Government Housing Bank

Government Savings Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

Thai Military Bank

Thai Farmers Bank

Bank of Ayutthaya -- No interest for savings account. Interest for fixed deposit

Then, if you can go to your non-paying bank and drain nearly all of your funds and tell the bank why, please report with back their response.

If Ayutthaya means the Bank of AYUDHYA this is not correct we have been getting interest on a "passbook savings account" for years. Last payment Dec 06, branch Sankampheang.

Siam City Bank pay on regular savings accounts that anyone can open up with nothing more than a passport and a 1000 baht deposit at most branches.

In my experience

SIAM, SCB, BAY, TMB, SCB, K-BANK, UOB are all paying me interest, every 6 months, on savings accounts opened at various times in the past 9 years

I opened a savings account at Bangkok Bank 9 years ago when here as a tourist. It has always paid interest and continues to do so now that I am resident on an "O-A" visa. Actually the bank does not officially know that I have changed my visa status. The balance is seldom over 1,000,000.

Rather than fomenting boycotts, working to get the facts straight would be a more profitable hobby.

Krung Thai bank do NOT pay interest and will not tell you this. They will not provide this rule/policy in writing. They will however pay interest if you provide them with a copy of your work permit.

Kasikorn Thai, Siam Commercial and Bangkok Bank all paid interest into a/c's that I previously held.

Like many banking and other policies in Thailand you will find a high degree of inconsistency between branches of the same bank/organisation.

My advice is to check you receive your interest payment every 6 months.

Yep,I had the same experience with Krung thai,did not tell anything and kept several thousands interest from me.......TMB does give it,I left this bank also cause so short of ATM's,too unconvenient.So now I've got SCB,and just fits perfectly,and indeed also with interest rates.

Government Housing Bank

Government Savings Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

Thai Military Bank

Thai Farmers Bank

If Ayutthaya means the Bank of AYUDHYA this is not correct we have been getting interest on a "passbook savings account" for years. Last payment Dec 06, branch Sankampheang.

UOB (UNITED OVERSEAS BANK) SUKHUMVIT SOI 4 BRANCH PAYS INTEREST ON SAVINGS AND FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNTS