Small Hotels Guild Launches Pact With Airbnb

webfact

Small Hotels Guild Launches Pact With Airbnb

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

airbnb.hed_.-696x522.png

BANGKOK — Global room rental platform Airbnb announced an alliance Wednesday with a small hotels consortium.

Under the agreement signed today, hotels belonging to the Thai Boutique Accommodation Trade Association will be listed on Airbnb. It brings together two players in the lucrative hospitality industry seeking legal recognition in the face of an ongoing regulatory crackdown.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2018/09/26/small-hotels-guild-launches-pact-with-airbnb/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-09-26

Airbnb is illegal in Thailand, also any unregistered lets of less than one month. Anyone foolish enough to use aribnb deserves all they get when it goes wrong- they will not be there to help you! This is an effort to get around the law by the look of it.

Edited by Orton Rd

28 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Airbnb is illegal in Thailand, also any unregistered lets of less than one month. Anyone foolish enough to use aribnb deserves all they get when it goes wrong- they will not be there to help you! This is an effort to get around the law by the look of it.

BS please provide a link... Didn't think so. 

Rules are simple. Private residance not less than 30 days. Hotels like this can do what they want. 

And In your brain you think that the hotel association and air bnb didn't do there home work? ???? 

• Like 1

Are you sure Airbnb is illegal ?
Even for let's , longer than 1 month ?

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, blackhorse said:

BS please provide a link... Didn't think so. 

Rules are simple. Private residance not less than 30 days. Hotels like this can do what they want. 

And In your brain you think that the hotel association and air bnb didn't do there home work? ???? 

From tv may 16 court in Hh-

decided that people who rent out their rooms via AirBnB on a daily and weekly basis are acting illegally.

A letter was sent to the Wan Vayla condominium complex in Khao Tao from the local authority outlining the court's decision in two of three cases where condominiums were rented out for less than a month.

In one case a fine of 5,000 baht must be paid and 500 baht per for each of twenty days totaling 15,000 baht.

In the second case a 5,000 baht fine must also be paid with further fines of 100 baht for an 81 day period.

A third case is pending, reported Manager on Wednesday.

The local authority looked into the matter in December of last year and went to court.

The ruling could effectively be the beginning of the end for companies like AirBnB in Thailand who have consistently said that what they are offering in the kingdom is legal.

Thaivisa notes that the company have carried out training and award giving seminars on a regular basis in Thailand and there are thousands of people offering their rooms for rent throughout the country.

AirBnB actively promote their business in Thailand and the consequences from the ruling could be immense for the company, renters and consumers alike.

The court ruled that people renting out their rooms on a daily and weekly basis contravened regulations surrounding hotels.

Rentals of 30 days and more would be legal.

The Wan Vayla condo sits on 20 rai of land in the Khao Tao area.

Source:  Manager online

decided that people who rent out their rooms via AirBnB on a daily and weekly basis are acting illegally.

A letter was sent to the Wan Vayla condominium complex in Khao Tao from the local authority outlining the court's decision in two of three cases where condominiums were rented out for less than a month.

In one case a fine of 5,000 baht must be paid and 500 baht per for each of twenty days totaling 15,000 baht.

In the second case a 5,000 baht fine must also be paid with further fines of 100 baht for an 81 day period.

The local authority looked into the matter in December of last year and went to court.

The ruling could effectively be the beginning of the end for companies like AirBnB in Thailand who have consistently said that what they are offering in the kingdom is legal.

Thaivisa notes that the company have carried out training and award giving seminars on a regular basis in Thailand and there are thousands of people offering their rooms for rent throughout the country.

AirBnB actively promote their business in Thailand and the consequences from the ruling could be immense for the company, renters and consumers alike.

The court ruled that people renting out their rooms on a daily and weekly basis contravened regulations surrounding hotels.

tvn_logo.jpg&key=c0462a795211d2ee26e4aec14494dc36e676f591189aadad96b38e269ae09239
Your post said AIR BNB is ILLEGAL in Thailand.

Clearly not the case as you just posted. Get your posts clearly written that way there is no confusion

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Airbnb is not illegal, however certain users of Airbnb are possibly contravening the law. But this post relates to hotels, who are perfectly entitled to list their rooms with Airbnb, therefore the article you've quoted is irrelevant.

• Like 1

I would never ever use airbnb again anywhere, one of the main problems with them is that the hosts are not vetted properly.
Your trolling now. Let me teach you a lesson son about air bnb.

There are a lot of documents to set up an account. They use face recognition technology to match you against your passport.

Then there is the star system and reviews. And then to top it off Air bnb DO NOT RELEASE money to the the host until 24

Hours

After

The guest has stayed and not made any complaints and the fact that the property actually exists

I happen to know as a multiple air bnb host myself.

So stop [emoji732] digging your hole further, it's embarrassing [emoji24]

3 hours ago, manicmike68 said:

I thought the last thing I heard was that Airbnb was illegal in Thailand.

Still is, smaller hotels are just using it.  Airbnb in China is great. 

Why are so many things legal in China and not here ?   Only the wise and mysterious men at the top of the military government know the answer to that.

1 hour ago, blackhorse said:

Your trolling now. Let me teach you a lesson son about air bnb.

There are a lot of documents to set up an account. They use face recognition technology to match you against your passport.

Then there is the star system and reviews. And then to top it off Air bnb DO NOT RELEASE money to the the host until 24

Hours

After

The guest has stayed and not made any complaints and the fact that the property actually exists

I happen to know as a multiple air bnb host myself.

So stop emoji732.png digging your hole further, it's embarrassing emoji24.png

This does not protect a guest, the host could have a history of mental illness, violence or worse. Merely looking at a passport is not vetting it is merely ID. Then there is no vetting of the premises, one we stayed in had most of the electric facilities not working and the fuse went if you put the cooker fully on. There are far too many possible problems with it and the customer service is difficult to access- no email contact . We will be staying in Hotels from now on, at least you know it is going to be safe, clean and with people you can interact with if a problem comes up. The star system is not reliable at all, neither is the 'super host' label.

BTW having a differing opinion is not 'trolling'

Edited by Orton Rd

Stop hijacking this thread !! . Go start a new one
Nothing to do with hotels. Your first 2 posts gave you zero credibility so no longer interested
Over and out [emoji16]

This does not protect a guest, the host could have a history of mental illness, violence or worse. Merely looking at a passport is not vetting it is merely ID. Then there is no vetting of the premises, one we stayed in had most of the electric facilities not working and the fuse went if you put the cooker fully on. There are far too many possible problem with it and the customer service is difficult to access- no email contact . We will be staying in Hotels from now on, at least you know it is going to be safe, clean and with people you can interact with if a problem comes up. The star system is not reliable at all, neither is the 'super host' label.

Lots remain unclear. Airbnb may legally be able to rent out hotel rooms, and condos

for a month long stay (or longer) but what about the more common 1-2 week rental.

I have read so many times (posted on my condo building notice board, and in the elevators) that

it is illegal to rent condos out for less than a month. This may not make Airbnb illegal

but it would make many of there rentals illegal.

Lots remain unclear. Airbnb may legally be able to rent out hotel rooms, and condos
for a month long stay (or longer) but what about the more common 1-2 week rental.
I have read so many times (posted on my condo building notice board, and in the elevators) that
it is illegal to rent condos out for less than a month. This may not make Airbnb illegal
but it would make many of there rentals illegal.
It's not Rocket science. The laws are in place and they are so basic a monkey could recite them.

What your talking about is BREAKING The law. There is a law against not wearing a bike Helmut... BIB do nothing.

Tens of thousands of air bnb hosts break the law because their condo management don't care and the bib don't give a rats.

Don't confuse the law and breaking it. 2 different worlds. TIT !!!