Borderrun Cambodia

I'm planning to do a borderrun on my own next week.Make it a nice trip with the bike.Does anubody know if you can pay the cambodian visa in thai Baht,and if so how much,or do you need us dollar.

Cambodia Visa can be arranged after the exit at the Poi Phet border.  The officail rate is USD 20 and if you pay that much be prepared to wait for 1-2 hours before you get your Cambodian Visa.

If however you pay the 1,000 baht the people at the visa issuing office want you to pay, so they get their "commission" you will get your Cambodian Visa in about 2 mins.

Badbanker

I'm planning to do a borderrun on my own next week.Make it a nice trip with the bike.Does anubody know if you can pay the cambodian visa in thai Baht,and if so how much,or do you need us dollar.

Cambodia Visa can be arranged after the exit at the Poi Phet border.  The officail rate is USD 20 and if you pay that much be prepared to wait for 1-2 hours before you get your Cambodian Visa.

If however you pay the 1,000 baht the people at the visa issuing office want you to pay, so they get their "commission" you will get your Cambodian Visa in about 2 mins.

Badbanker

Thanks for the info Bb.Does every border have a issuing office?I think to pass at aranya phratet.

I did my run at Baan Laem and I just paid them US20. When stamping my entry stamp, the guy asked me for 100 Baht and I asked him "Why must I pay" and he replied that "you ask me why" and I simply responded by saying "Yes, why?" and he kept quiet after that.

I did my run at Baan Laem and I just paid them US20. When stamping my entry stamp, the guy asked me for 100 Baht and I asked him "Why must I pay" and he replied that "you ask me why" and I simply responded by saying "Yes, why?" and he kept quiet after that.

It's just like when the visa run operations in Pattaya ask my Filipino GF for 100 - 200 baht for her stamp (she doesn't require a visa). One visa run operation (if you need the name I'll gladly PM you the details) claims that Cambodian visas cost 1,200 baht ($35).

I suppose this is to justify their 2,400 asking price including a breakfast (70% local baked beans).

Edited by tropo

It's just like when the visa run operations in Pattaya ask my Filipino GF for 100 - 200 baht for her stamp (she doesn't require a visa). One visa run operation (if you need the name I'll gladly PM you the details) claims that Cambodian visas cost 1,200 baht ($35).

I suppose this is to justify their 2,400 asking price including a breakfast (70% local baked beans).

the price will always be over the odds for those requiring their hands to be held through the process,and as pattaya has plenty of those people,the visa run companies will continue to charge more than the service is worth.as for paying in dollars/baht,i have had serious arguments before at aran and had lek about paying in dollars.cambodian officials demanding payment in baht to get there share. the fail safe way is get your visa in advance at the embassy . this is by no means suitable for all though.