Warning issued after 30 tourists stung by jellyfish at Patong Beach

webfact

Warning issued after 30 tourists stung by jellyfish at Patong Beach

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1538022288_1-org.jpg

Some 30 tourists have been stung by jellyfish at Patong Beach this month.Photos: Phuket Lifeguard Service

PHUKET: Lifeguards stationed at Patong Beach have today (Sept 27) issued a warning for tourists to be aware of jellyfish at the beach after more than 30 tourists have reported being stung by jellyfish this month.

Chief lifeguard of the Phuket Lifeguard Service (PLS) Somprasong Saengchat, who serves as chief lifeguard at Patong Beach, told The Phuket News, “Yes, there have been more than 30 tourists stung by jellyfish in September. Many jellyfish have washed ashore along a two-three kilometre stretch the beach.

“If you are stung by a jellyfish, use sea water or vinegar to treat the stings. The sting of these jellyfish is not too serious,” he added.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/warning-issued-after-30-tourists-stung-by-jellyfish-at-patong-beach-68782.php#t7yBYuYgfIWmCpFb.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-09-27

15 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

I too have been stung by a jelly fish,it was of the ex-wife species.

I carry a squirt bottle filled with Vinegar in my backpack when I go to the beach - I grew up on the ocean and know in my heart that "Pissing on jelly fish stings doesn't work!!!" as we were told it would.  Some say the ammonia in urine is supposed to stop the stinging but I have peed on my own stings and that didn't stop it rom spreading.  Vinegar does the trick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I carry a squirt bottle filled with Vinegar in my backpack when I go to the beach - I grew up on the ocean and know in my heart that "Pissing on jelly fish stings doesn't work!!!" as we were told it would.  Some say the ammonia in urine is supposed to stop the stinging but I have peed on my own stings and that didn't stop it rom spreading.  Vinegar does the trick.

damn, now you put a picture in my head.????

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Tried both on ex wife jellyfish sting,neither worked,pain in my wallet was excruciating.

• Haha 1