Overstay

Hello,

First of all I know overstay is bad and i m really sorry about that. I have been here around 6 months and now I can go back to home. I already bought my plane ticket to my home country. But I have some questions. First, Howe much do I have to pay and where? I m not in Bangkok so can I pay in another city or airport? And second question is, can I use domestic flight to go Bangkok? 

Thank you so much 

best regards 

I heard about a guy who overstayed a few days and he had already the ticket to go home in the following week.

He though he would avoid trouble by going to the immigration to pay the overstay a few days before his flight.

Yes, he paid the overstay, and the immigration officers kept him in a holding cell for a few days until his flight left.

Be careful what you do! Just pay at the airport an hour before you leave the country. Problem solved.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Be careful what you do! Just pay at the airport an hour before you leave the country. Problem solved.

Definitely pay the fine at the airport on departure. However, leave plenty of time (not just an hour) when leaving after a long overstay. The immigration formalities at the airport are more involved when dealing with a long overstay that involves blacklisting.

I assume you are prepared for the one-year ban. Good luck!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Definitely pay the fine at the airport on departure. However, leave plenty of time (not just an hour) when leaving after a long overstay. The immigration formalities at the airport are more involved when dealing with a long overstay that involves blacklisting.

I assume you are prepared for the one-year ban. Good luck!

Good point.

My "one hour" was meant like: Don't arrive 5 hours early only to be detained for 2 hours...

I don't know what exactly happens at the airport. I guess there must be enough time to do all the paperwork and catch the flight but better not lots of extra spare time.

Maybe someone here has personal experience with this.