Australian man shoots self in head at Phuket shooting range

Jonathan Fairfield

Australian man shoots self in head at Phuket shooting range
By Eakkapop Thongtub

ph1.jpg

PHUKET: A 24-year-old Australian man shot himself in the head at a shooting range in northern Phuket today (Sept 28).

The man was rushed to Thalang Hospital, but his details of his condition have yet to be revealed.

Emergency responders were called to the Asian Shooting Range in Sakoo, just south of Phuket International Airport, at 2pm this afternoon, reported Lt Col Bandasak Srilert from the Sakoo Police.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/australian-man-shoots-self-in-head-at-phuket-shooting-range-68808.php#2Rz14xdUz6333FwM.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-09-28

I just really dont get this. People that can afford to travel have better lives than many and should be able to appreciate life for what it is. I suffered a little depression in the young years and have known others suffering but its just not australian to do such a thing in my mind. Its cowardly. What im more interested in is where is the missing footage?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Obviously you have never sufferred or encountered anyone with severe depression/anxiety disorder.They see things very different and for some feel its the only answer.

Sad but true.

Such a shame he didnt have or feel he could just talk with someone.????

CharlieH, some people are private people, They don't talk to other about their problems, splash them all over Facebook or instagram etc. Some  people just don't like talking about their problems

15 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

I just really dont get this. People that can afford to travel have better lives than many and should be able to appreciate life for what it is. I suffered a little depression in the young years and have known others suffering but its just not australian to do such a thing in my mind. Its cowardly. What im more interested in is where is the missing footage?

""its just not australian to do such a thing" ?????

Mental health issues are not country specific.

"In each year, approximately one in every five Australians will experience a mental illness.

• Mental illnesses are the third leading cause of disability burden in Australia, accounting for an estimated 27% of the total years lost due to disability."

http://www.mindframe-media.info/for-media/reporting-mental-illness/facts-and-stats

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lensta said:

CharlieH, some people are private people, They don't talk to other about their problems, splash them all over Facebook or instagram etc. Some  people just don't like talking about their problems

Agreed. They are the ones who probably need help the most.

Oh, and I wasnt meaning "public" expression such as facebook.

But there are plenty of anonymous places to let it out and share or get help and support.

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Unfortunately not the first and most likely not the last victim in this place. R.I.P. boy!

There was an English guy last year who killed himself at this shooting range. I really felt for the attendant who was buy his side when he blew his brains out.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

If they had of shown the whole video there would have been more people asking why they thought it was OK to put that out on the internet, you are not the police, this is TV not an investigation, you have no need to see it, why do you even want to see it?

sounds like you watched it...

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Obviously you have never sufferred or encountered anyone with severe depression/anxiety disorder.They see things very different and for some feel its the only answer.

Sad but true.

Such a shame he didnt have or feel he could just talk with someone.????

100% true.  I used to tell people that there are some things you just don't want to understand ie. why people act the way they do; because, if you could understand it you would be just as screwed up as they are. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

Better than the thousands of Thais who try to commit suicide on a daily by driving around motorbikes without helmets while drunk. Or who drive against traffic. Or drive their pickup with slicks in the rain. Etc.

That's not suicide attempts, it's ignorance.

• Like 2

With the missing footage, i find it difficult to judge if it was suicide or not and it is none of our business . But one thing i did notice is that there were very lax safety procedures. I couldn't see any earmuffs and a .45 inside a closed shed is not exactly quiet. Perhaps they both had those small foam ear thingies but they only muffled sound. I have shot pistols and there were definite rules and safety precautions. Maybe they would not have prevented this but it certainly looks a rough business.

I feel so sorry for the family and his friends - he was so young and in a perfect world, none of this would happen.