Thai husband slays wife then stuffs 100 baht in her mouth "to avoid bad karma"

rooster59

From the OP article, it sounds like the old guy husband was a drunk, a wife beater, and probably pissed away whatever money he could lay his hands on.  So, not so surprising his wife put the money in a bank, didn't give him any of it, and asked one of their children to grab his ATM card.

Another in a long line of sad excuses for a human being that we get portrayed in the local news.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, digger70 said:

He was Angry and drunk,,, and the THB 100,,, All that and it's a Good Excuse ,,,,What a Backward Brainless lot this is.

he [singular] is a lot [plural]? :unsure:

you can't do without a generalising Thai bashing?

Edited by Naam
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Probably from science....a large percentage of asians have too much of one and little of another enzyme and therefore get drunk fast and cannot hold their liquor... don't let that get in the way of your superiority???? i'm sure it's well placed

If you are going to quote science you need to research it more thoroughly, or perhaps not just quote only the partial information that supports your view.

The gene factor (that is only found in Chinese and Japanese anyway) doesn't cause them 'to get drunk quicker' - that is a myth. It gives them an intolerance to alcohol that makes them feel unwell very quickly.

https://thequestion.com/questions/193759/do-asian-people-really-get-drunk-faster-than-westerners

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bergan said:

I have many Thai friends, whom I drink with regularly, and they can all hold their liquor and get drunk without going off the rails. That being said, I'm just waiting for someone to call you a Thai apologist now.

I bet you never got them pissed or saw them angry at their woman when drink either..  that being said, I'm just waiting for someone to call you a farang apologist now

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Most of my Thai pals associates pull a gun and start shooting when they get drunk.

I would too, but I can't get a gun licence, so I have to make do with a sword.

Back on topic,

Never come between a man and his buffaloes!

I speak

7 hours ago, Lupatria said:

And here is one of the manyfold answers:

Alcohol intolerance, or alcohol intolerance refers to a disturbed metabolism of alcohol, which may be based on various causes. Among human groups of certain regions of the world (for example, up to 80% in some Asians), alcohol intolerance often has genetic causes.

The causes of alcohol intolerance can be manifold, but usually there is a mutated gene that ensures that insufficient amounts of the enzymes alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) or aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH) are expressed or that the enzymes are very inefficient and are more unstable.

In combination with the "little emperor syndrome", exaggerated self-appraisal, and a society where 66% of the female population accepts being beaten by their spouse (for the right reasons) this is what you get.

That still doesn't mean anything, though – I'm an alcoholic with an extremely high tolerance. I'm the most peaceful guy you'll ever meet. People with a low tolerance will normally drink less than I do, and be just as peaceful. When I get drunk, I never get violent or aggressive.

There is no empirical evidence proving that Thai people are more violent due to their low alcohol tolerance.

7 hours ago, Lupatria said:

And here is one of the manyfold answers:

Alcohol intolerance, or alcohol intolerance refers to a disturbed metabolism of alcohol, which may be based on various causes. Among human groups of certain regions of the world (for example, up to 80% in some Asians), alcohol intolerance often has genetic causes.

The causes of alcohol intolerance can be manifold, but usually there is a mutated gene that ensures that insufficient amounts of the enzymes alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) or aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH) are expressed or that the enzymes are very inefficient and are more unstable.

In combination with the "little emperor syndrome", exaggerated self-appraisal, and a society where 66% of the female population accepts being beaten by their spouse (for the right reasons) this is what you get.

So what you are saying is a region-wide evolutionary medical short change plus a sick culture, frequently mysoginistic males and wierd religious customs are what we have here.  Sad but apparently true in an attempt to rationalise some of these bizarre news items we get here.  This one made me shake my head and say "No!" about 3 or 4 times before I finished the article.  Started sick,  got sicker and then just more profoundly sad.  What on earth was wrong with the man that any of this looked like a good idea, ever?

19 hours ago, dotpoom said:

You're probably absolutely correct ..I can't imagine anything like this happening outside of Thailand?..I mean.....it would be ridiculous to think that a Thai man could be capable of handling alcohol......

Where do some people drag this stuff up from, I have to ask myself

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2937417/

Actually, there is plenty of peer reviewed research that shows some cultures lack an enzyme which flushes alcohol through and out of the system. North & South American indigenous peoples as well as various Asian cultures. 

22 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Is it true that Asians lack a certain gene re: alcohol tolerance?.... they seem to lose the plot in rather odd ways when getting pi55ed

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I think you are right about the alcohol tolerance. I know that there is the same type of Problem in Aus with the aboriginal population

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, lemonjelly said:

Is it true that Asians lack a certain gene re: alcohol tolerance?.... they seem to lose the plot in rather odd ways when getting pi55ed

Yeah, must be true if you say so.  It's only Asians, none of the rest of the world shows that trait, does it?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Not many countries outside of Thailand put the value of buffaloes above that of human life.. or the missus !!

But remember where we are, and that parts of Thailand are still in the Neolithic period !!

"Not many countries outside of Thailand put the value of buffaloes above that of human life.."

Neither does Thailand, this is not about Thailand, it is about one man.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:24 AM, lemonjelly said:

I rather think that Asians use drunkenness as an excuse for their unbridled angst towards their victims... they are certainly capable of their act of killing others. All Asians that I associated with can certainly hold their own drink against any other races. 

2 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Is this what Buddha would teach them? I don't think so!

Lock him up and throwaway the key. Piece of sh$t! :post-4641-1156693976:

Buddha taught that men are master of their own destiny regardless of their karmic consequences. Most Buddhist Thais are technically  just praying for positive attributions and not doing recitation of self cultivation to be enlightened. Thus they are not living the way a true Buddhist practitioner would live. 

What can one even say? There were probably at least ten good reasons why his wife, who was probably a responsible, decent and hard working woman, would not give him the cash. Just another overly entitled Thai male who was told a few thousand times how special he was, when he was growing up. 

I have a solution. Thai parents should stop indulging their sons. From the age of two, they should be told they are nothing special. That good things come to those who work hard and apply themselves and give back to society. And that their sisters are better than they are. Smarter, harder workers and more ambitious. Until you prove otherwise, you ain't much little boy!

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 10:24 AM, lemonjelly said:

Certainly lactose intolerance is present in many Asian countries. 

Because they dont have dairy products. 

I know from working in Japan that they are off their faces after a few beers, let alone saki or whiskey. 

I dont think it's an intolerance to alcohol they have, because they seem to be constantly stupefied. 

From an early age. 

They can sniff a free drink at a thousand paces.

A litre of Jameson and a bottle of Jack Daniels disappeared in about twenty minutes in the village one night. 

All I could see was Pairs of eyes coming out of the trees towards the bottles.

Never again. ????????????

Edited by dallen52

Whenever there is a big party or event in my village, every single time, there is fighting between the young men after a few drinks. It's inevitable. I was always taught to walk away from problem situations and it has served me very well when drunk, but some people just see red and end up in serious trouble.