Foreign tourist assaulted by security guard after being denied entry at Don Mueang

Jonathan Fairfield

47 minutes ago, hansnl said:

And what about the Chinese?

Thailand has to bow backwards for a guy making trouble because he is refused entry, and the guard will lose his job?

Shameful.

What is one guard worth ?

What is Chinese tourism worth, a lot more than any guard is worth !

The guard had no right to assault the tourist, sure definitely a language barrier, who's to blame there, could anyone speak Chinese to Thai or English to communicate with the tourist, seriously, if Thailand is wanting tourism, it should polish its act up and get people to learn the languages of the tourists who will be contributing billions of baht to their economy instead of just coming up with their typical Sawadee Kup/Kar greeting, perhaps welcome in English or Huan Ying in Chinese/Mandarin, anyone can Google it, but do Thai's have the patients, educational standards to even contemplate that, some are thicker than others, and this cowboy security guard should be dismissed IMO, regardless if the tourist was put in detention for not having what was required of him, you don't go swinging at the bloke, he obviously wanted to see his mates again who filmed the event fortunately for him.

Regardless, poor PR from Thai immigration, i.e. it wouldn't take too much to book this bloke some support from the Chinese embassy, that said they deserve everything they get the way they have stuffed everything up with the Chinese tourism market of late.

I am not a fan of Chinese tourists, as much as I am not a fan of Russian or Indian tourists, they are all rude, load and smell, in that order, but then again, I am not a fan of some Thai's as well, especially the male types with the big ego's.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Artisi said:

The Chinese guy should think himself lucky we was in Thailand, in some countries doing a runner from immigration detention area could get you seriously harmed - including shot. 

He probably would have been here had he been wearing a red T shirt or one of those black ones

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Mr Suterawat said the guard involved has been suspended and will face a disciplinary procedure which will almost certainly result in him losing his job.

No problem he can get a job as a  nurse and beat elderly patients without fear of losing his  job just a quick transfer. Thailand "where wonders never  cease"...............I think i just invented their new campaign slogan

• Like 2
  • Confused 2