September 30, 20188 yr Sorry if this has been asked and I just didn't find it. My husband lost his wallet, and with it, his 5 year Thai driver's license. Does he need to do everything again from scratch, or can he just go to the Dept. of Land Transport and report it lost and pay to get a new one?
September 30, 20188 yr happened to me couple of years ago, lost my wallet, easy to remedy, police report + certificate of residence and they issued new ones to me this was in Nonthaburi Edited September 30, 20188 yr by melvinmelvin
September 30, 20188 yr Author Thank you melvinmelvin - so first step is we need to do a police report? We're in Nonthaburi too -where did you go? And Nonthaburi immmigration doesn't do residency certificates still I assume? So it means an embassy trip for an affadavit or something?
September 30, 20188 yr 13 minutes ago, KayCee said: Thank you melvinmelvin - so first step is we need to do a police report? We're in Nonthaburi too -where did you go? And Nonthaburi immmigration doesn't do residency certificates still I assume? So it means an embassy trip for an affadavit or something? I went to the police station behind Talad Bang Yai, (Bang Yai City). Last I inquired, about 10 months ago, they do CoR at 1500 baht a piece, but a stack of supporting documentation is needed. So I just went to my embassy, easy peasy. (btw, Nonthaburi Immigration moved last month. They are now off Nakhon-Inn road. There is a map somewhere here on TV.) Coming from Rattanathibet road the DLT is about halfway up Tivanon road, on the left hand side.
September 30, 20188 yr 2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said: they do CoR at 1500 baht a piece, A rip off, to say the least.
Create an account or sign in to comment