MAssage REcommedations in Chiang Mai

krey

I know there are dozens or even 100's of massage places around Chiang Mai.

Was curious if anyone had an recommendations for a good place to go. Quality and reasonable price.

Just to clarify I am looking for only a massage:) not any added extras if you know what I mean.

Thanks!

Any of the Lila Massage places, there are several in Chiang Mai, one very close to Thapae Gate and another close to Wat PhraSingh on Ratchadamnoen (Walking Street).  The women employees are ex-prisoners and they studied massage in jail, so they would have a good job when they got out.  I've only had the foot massage, and it is always very good.  Prices are average and all is 100% above board!  

Nirvana Massage- a reasonable walk west of the Maya/Ninneman, and right on a bus line. I've been twice and impressed. Masseuse in full uniform and done in a group room with individual curtains (so no "extras" to deal with) and they give you fresh massage clothes to wear. Clean and tidy and professional.

And a bargain- starting at 200 baht an hour. Great reviews.

17 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

Masseuse in full uniform and done in a group room with individual curtains (so no "extras" to deal with) and they give you fresh massage clothes to wear. 

Don't bet on it. Sometimes , we can hear some 'naughty' sounds from across the curtain.

13 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

Nirvana Massage- a reasonable walk west of the Maya/Ninneman, and right on a bus line. I've been twice and impressed. Masseuse in full uniform and done in a group room with individual curtains (so no "extras" to deal with) and they give you fresh massage clothes to wear. Clean and tidy and professional.

And a bargain- starting at 200 baht an hour. Great reviews.

uniform, room , clothes, ...

Not a word about the actual massage!

Like telling about a restaurant without a word about the food.

19 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

uniform, room , clothes, ...

Not a word about the actual massage!

Like telling about a restaurant without a word about the food.

Here let me help you get up to speed:

The OP asked for, and this thread is about,

"recommendations for a good place to go. Quality and reasonable price."

The word I used to describe the massage was "professional" but you must have missed that...

My reply cognitively and respectfully fully addresses the OP's requests. (Yours, in stark contrast, fails).

I love this forum. You can literally start a topic about something as innocuous as where to get a massage, and it winds up with someone taking pot shots at a perfectly innocent recommendation/post to try to establish some sort of moral/intellectual high-ground. 

I'd avoid any of the "local" looking ones around the main hotels. Anything where you go upstairs for the massage is generally going to end up one way In my experience they're normally priced over the odds and the girls are just looking for extras to supplement their income. I've heard good things about the ex-prison one, but never been there myself. 

Archived