PM Prayut worried after Chinese tourist attacked

webfact

Spoil the image of Thailand... how so?

The real Thailand is well known by the world at large and it's not the same the one as portrayed by T.A.T or the PM....

The Chinese man got a slap at the airport... just saved time in traveling to Pattaya and getting one there !!!

Taking a step backwards and if Mr Chinaman behaved as instructed by the Authorities then Mr Security Man would not have intervened and it would not have escalated into this unnecessary punch up! Unfortunately the behaviour of some of these "Tourists" can be fundamentally flawed as they are under the assumption that their currency rules the world. This is not the first and I do believe it will not be the last.   

Airports of Thailand announced on Saturday that it had suspended Wing Commander Suthirawat Suwanwat, director of Don Mueang airport as well as the director for security for 30 days, pending an investigation into the incident. 

The security guard at the centre of the action has also been suspended from active duty and could be dismissed after the investigation because his action is deemed a severe disciplinary offence, it said.

So why are two DM Airport and security directors also suspended for 30 days?? The security guard was the only person involved in the altercation with the Chinese tourist, and should be the only being possibly reprimanded for his actions.. Who needs scapegoats to appease Chinese sentiment? 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

PM extends apology to Chinese tourist hurt by security guard

BANGKOK, 1 October 2018 (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha has extended an apology to a Chinese tourist hurt by a Don Muang Airport security guard, saying that it should never have happened as it greatly affects the image of Thailand. 

He went on to say that the authorities should control their emotions, follow universal rules of behavior and be service minded. 

The Prime Minister has expressed concern about the feelings of the Chinese people and has instructed the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and all related agencies both in Thailand and China to accelerate restoration of confidence among Chinese tourists.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-10-01

that headline could be / should be reduced to - "PM kisses Chinese arse"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owenm said:

Airports of Thailand announced on Saturday that it had suspended Wing Commander Suthirawat Suwanwat, director of Don Mueang airport as well as the director for security for 30 days, pending an investigation into the incident. 

The security guard at the centre of the action has also been suspended from active duty and could be dismissed after the investigation because his action is deemed a severe disciplinary offence, it said.

So why are two DM Airport and security directors also suspended for 30 days?? The security guard was the only person involved in the altercation with the Chinese tourist, and should be the only being possibly reprimanded for his actions.. Who needs scapegoats to appease Chinese sentiment? 

To answer your closing rhetorical question, Chinese.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He also refused to wait inside a room. The man later left the country but his encounter was filmed on mobile phones and uploaded online.

The quick response from Thai authorities follows lingering sensitivity after the Phuket boat disaster.

So he had no onward ticket & no funds on arrival so how did he leave the country and where did he go to I wonder? 

1 minute ago, Derek B said:

So he had no onward ticket & no funds on arrival so how did he leave the country and where did he go to I wonder? 

IIRC, the airline is responsible to repatriate the passenger if refused entry at their destination.

You not need worry yourself. After elections the invasion will be halted. You should not worry about this either they are abused daily by the Thais that have had enough of the invasion of buses pollution and inconvenience. Which they don't see 1 baht from.

Good luck on the golf course.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

What a hogwash and a favoritism written all over it kowtowing to China, many foreigners are assaulted every day in the kinkdom and i don't see the PM doing anything about about let along showing concern and empathy to the affected people...

But...but the second hand (yellow ) submarines and the chinese TGV aren't sold by european countries...

Perhaps, I didn't make myself clear ? :crazy:

Little P should be worried. There is never a circumstance where an immigration official should slap a tourist around. I would have lost my mind has that happened to me. I would NEVER let it go. 

I am thrilled the video went viral. These cretons need to be disciplined. Talk about a completely unwarranted sense of power and entitlement. Thai authorities are exceedingly unimpressive people, for the most part. Especially Little P.

My observation after living/ working in Thailand 14 years: ( except for most “international establishments such as hotels) lack training in “customer service”. Many times privately owned establishments and government agencies hire someone without proper training. What can those big managers expect when there is no professional training. 

• Like 1

As soon as the Chinese arrive en masse as they are doing in Thailand and have already established a strong foothold in Cambodia, some say past the point of no return, you can look forward to all the behaviour much of them bring to other countries with their new found freedom to travel and a great deal of it is not good.

As usual, it is always the wrong elements that stay the longest and looking for the loopholes they don't have in mainland China.

OK, The Thai security guard should have shown more restraint but the guy was not badly injured and was in the wrong to start with. As other TV members have pointed out, he would not have got away with a fraction of this behaviour had he been properly held in detention or in any other immigration detention around the world.

Way too many of these type of Chinese finding their way out of China and haven't the first clue of how to behave in airports or hotels outside China. In fact, for many, I think it is their first time.

Below, a recent example of those rounded up in Cambodia at the request of Chinese authorities.

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/china-requests-102-arrested?utm_source=Phnompenh+Post+Main+List&utm_campaign=a0063022df-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_10_01_04_14&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_690109a91f-a0063022df-45528997

Edited by Scouse123

Reminds me of an incident when I worked at a university in America. This particular school, in the south, had a very large population of Chinese students. One of the campus police officers told me that several groups of Chinese students had been caught shoplifting at the local Wal_mart store. When arrested, they became extremely belligerent and insulting and told the cops that they COULDN'T be arrested because they were CHINESE.. ????  The police then made it a point to show them that they were woefully mistaken.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The assault incident could impact the country’s image,” the spokesman added..." 

More like the incident could affect the country's pocketbook; this is what happens when all your tourism dollars are sourced from one area.

"...The PM thought that although the tourist could not produce documents to confirm his accommodation in Thailand, refused to go to a detention room, and acted inappropriately with officials, still the guard should have controlled his emotion and treated him in keeping with international practices,” Sansern said..."

The Chinese guy was in the wrong, you toady! Grow a pair! If I or any other non-Chinese behaved like that, we'd be forcibly tossed into the IDC and the slamming of the door would be ringing in our ears for hours.

"...The Prime Minister has expressed concern about the feelings of the Chinese people and has instructed the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and all related agencies both in Thailand and China to accelerate restoration of confidence among Chinese tourists.

Yes, Sir! Three bags full!

It is embarrassing...

The Chinese lose face big time ... first by the presence of the  ‘lowly qualified Chinese tourist’ who was rejected a visit by even a 3rd world country and then by the treatment of the poorly trained security guard of the host country. In the eyes of the Chinese, it is like a slap on the face of the nation by some uncouth person. 

The PM ,being a politician in the foremost, must  do damage control to prevent the incident from blowing out of proportion. He understands the Chinese herd mentality and FACE. 

Moreover, being a career soldier, he must have good relationship with Chinese army top brass and he lose face with them if he did not reciprocate in a favorable face saving manner for both parties.

11 hours ago, sahibji said:

please let us not make this personal. no foreigner should be assaulted.

YOU know that and I know that.  The truth is that MONEY speaks louder than other voices in Thailand.

China now has "most favoured" status in Thailand. Strictly business.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

Attack a farang and no big deal.  Your home country could care less.  The Thai government could care less.  It's pretty much been implied that farang are no longer a targeted source of tourism.   The red carpet has been rolled up and instead places like Koaw San Road are being dismantled.

Attack a Chinese national and it's time to worry.  When the Chinese government gets involved, tourism dries up.  It's pretty much been implied that Chinese are the new target for TAT attention.  The new red carpet is rolled our for all Chinese.  Attack Chinese tourist and no doubt there will be hell to pay.  No hand slap and a 500 THB fine. 

Edited by connda
  • Thanks 2