White House adviser Conway: 'I'm a victim of sexual assault'

webfact

White House adviser Conway: 'I'm a victim of sexual assault'

2018-09-30T174804Z_1_LYNXNPEE8T0UR_RTROPTP_4_US-COURT-KAVANAUGH-CONWAY.JPG

FILE PHOTO: White House counsellor Kellyanne Conway takes part in a forum called Generation Next at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building in Washington, U.S., March 22, 2018. REUTERS/Leah Millis/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Kellyanne Conway, an adviser to President Donald Trump, said on Sunday that she was the victim of sexual assault and that women who survive such experiences should be heard.

"I feel very empathetic, frankly, for victims of sexual assault and sexual harassment and rape," Conway told CNN while defending the Supreme Court nomination of Brett Kavanaugh, who has been accused of sexual assault by one woman and sexual misconduct by two other women.

"I'm a victim of sexual assault," Conway said. Conway and White House officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Reuters.

The court nomination has been upended by the allegations, and President Donald Trump was forced to order the FBI to look into them after several moderate Republicans, whose votes could be crucial for Kavanaugh's confirmation, called for a probe.

One Kavanaugh accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, detailed her allegation in testimony before a Senate panel on Thursday that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when the two were both in high school in the 1980s. Appearing afterward before the committee, Kavanaugh repeated his categorical denial.

The swirling allegations have led other sexual assault victims to come forward to tell their stories.

Conway suggested on Sunday that the ire of many victims was improperly pointed at Republican supporters of Kavanaugh, as opposed to the perpetrators of the assaults.

"It's not a meeting of the Me Too movement," she told CNN. "It's raw partisan politics."

(Reporting by Patrick Rucker; Editing by Tim Ahmann and Diane Craft)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-10-01

1 hour ago, webfact said:

"It's not a meeting of the Me Too movement," she told CNN. "It's raw partisan politics."

Well, I know a number of very conservative women who would disagree with that statement.   

I fail to see what her sexual assault has to do with Dr. Ford's or with Kavanaugh's hearing.

Edited by Credo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Remember, this woman is working for a guy who gave the advice: "grab them by the..."

Or you grab then by the pennis? Why are you so excited with lock room talks? You left want sex freedom, do not you?

Edited by MikeChm
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MikeChm said:

Or you grab then by the pennis? Why are you so excited with lock room talks? You left want sex freedom, do not you?

Thanks, I’m always open to read profound comments from teachers helping me to understand the world. I just hope English language is not your subject.????

Edited by Lupatria
  • Like 1

Just to add to what was well-stated in post no. 3 above:

Did she mention this assault and these same feelings about it when the infamous Hollywood Access video ("Grab them by the p____.") was publicized during the campaign?

Edited by helpisgood
added sentence
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

She may have been referring to the hypocrisy of the Democrats as in the case of Bill Clinton   

Now that is hypocricy! What man here hasn't smoked a cigar after a young lady has pleasured herself with it? One of the finer things in life. That and a good Bourbon, or maybe both at the same time.

Note to self: Must purchase a cigar.

Edited by Spidey
  • Haha 1

Seems like the term "sexual assault" is being used for things like having a boobie touched unwantingly. If that's the case I would imagine the percentage of ladies suffering from sexual assault would be extremely high, close to 100%.

• Like 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

Seems like the term "sexual assault" is being used for things like having a boobie touched unwantingly. If that's the case I would imagine the percentage of ladies suffering from sexual assault would be extremely high, close to 100%.

Genuinely not by me. I never touch a boobie unless I'm invited to, which happens daily.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Spidey said:
22 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Genuinely not by me. I never touch a boobie unless I'm invited to, which happens daily.

appreciate a man that has humility

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

She may have been referring to the hypocrisy of the Democrats as in the case of Bill Clinton and Keith Ellison.  

But rather than making snide jokes about the President and her looks, shouldnt we just be giving her our support? Commending her bravery in coming forward? Admiring her for her ability to separate the issue of sexual assault from politics?

Conway is entitled to support and being heard.  Politicization and weaponization of her disclosure isn't appropriate and deserves condemnation.  But I wouldn't expect that from her Russian bot base. of support.

• Sad 1

There are so many things wrong with this...I don't even know, where to start!

So...let's go!

1) IF this allegation is true, she deserves to be heard!

2) But what she is saying about it (basically victim- blaming and sheltering the sexual predator) is just wrong!

3) IF this really happened to her...how can she stand by and watch all these slimy white guys attack, marginalize and blame women. How can she work for an accused alledged predator like Trump?

4) To stay in line with her "buddy's" arguments in the Republican- party: why didn't she bring forward accusations (and prove) to the police? 

5) Name names and witnesses, Kellyanne...and I might believe you!

6) Until then: to use this as a political weapon, is a kick in the face for all women who were actually assaulted or raped and make Mrs. Conway as despicable human being.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Credo said:

Well, I know a number of very conservative women who would disagree with that statement.   

I fail to see what her sexual assault has to do with Dr. Ford's or with Kavanaugh's hearing.

it has nothing to do with it, it is a phony delay tactic, again

8 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I wonder how she really feels defending her boss in light of his publicly boasting about assaulting women. 

She is telling you how she really feels . She represents him!

• Confused 2