Phuket’s new Governor starts work today

webfact

Phuket’s new Governor starts work today

By The Thaiger

S__34267170.jpg

Newly-appointed Phuket Governor Pakkapong Tawipat has arrived in Phuket after former-Governor Norraphat Plodthong has now retired.

The Thai cabinet approved the new Phuket governor to replace current Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong who retired officially on September 30.

The new Phuket governor, Pakkapong Tawipat, was a previous Governor of Phitsanulok.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phukets-new-governor-starts-work-today

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-10-01

He can dust off the same speech used ad nauseum by his predecessors- it's Groundhog Day again. Has he mentioned 'more CCTV' yet?

There seems to be a strange undercurrent in the comments above that he may be less than effective- funny that!

here we go again...

In no particular order a starter for 10;

Island wide Integrated transport system

Beach safety

Patong Hill/Tunnel

Beach lifeguards

Public Parking

Tuk Tuks

Flooding

Corruption

Litter

Tourist safety

Next!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Benmart said:

There are plenty of barstool, negative critics, already engaged in fortune telling. I prefer to wait and see what the new Governor does.

You prefer to wait and see what the new Governor does.:cheesy:

Hope you are a patient person because you will be waiting a long time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lokie said:

here we go again...

In no particular order a starter for 10;

Island wide Integrated transport system

Beach safety

Patong Hill/Tunnel

Beach lifeguards

Public Parking

Tuk Tuks

Flooding

Corruption

Litter

Tourist safety

Next!

Good list and add to it the repairing of the roads here, some in terrible condition...…..

5 hours ago, Benmart said:

There are plenty of barstool, negative critics, already engaged in fortune telling. I prefer to wait and see what the new Governor does.

"I prefer to wait and see what the new Governor does." - he can't do anything.  He's not the one in charge here.  ????

51 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

"I prefer to wait and see what the new Governor does." - he can't do anything.  He's not the one in charge here.  ????

Actually, he can do many things, collect envelopes, look the other way on issues that affect bottom line, not harass the locals in power etc.  What he can't do is upset the apple cart aka, the gravy train.

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

Good list and add to it the repairing of the roads here, some in terrible condition...…..

I know that..., I was just going for 10 - same 10 thats been on the Phuket list for last 10 years... 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Actually, he can do many things, collect envelopes, look the other way on issues that affect bottom line, not harass the locals in power etc.  What he can't do is upset the apple cart aka, the gravy train.

So, in other words, all the things he should be doing, he will NOT be doing, and all the things that he shouldn't be doing, he will be doing.  ????

Is it any wonder Phuket is in such a mess?

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 6:44 AM, Benmart said:

We won't get fooled again. Nuff said. We do welcome uninformed and irrelevant comment from Pattaya though- its great there! ????

who (Small).jpg

Edited by Psimbo

I am waiting for the usual "urging" press release, where he "urges" all the people presiding over Phuket's issues to do the right thing, without anything ever changing.  ????

Yes, "urging."  That will fix Phuket's problems.  ????

Edited by NamKangMan