My experience so far in pattaya

Mattybyrne88

I said I would update when I came to pattaya. I asked a lot of questions and every recomendation and advice has gone down the shitter. This place is so overwhelming. Day 1. Went out for a quite drink in corner bar soi 6 then end up getting dragged into another bar when on my way to McDonald's. Nearly 2000baht later on lady drinks and 3 changs and some shitty roses I was made buy for girl. She said she would get me back to hotel because I drunk. Stupid enough to pay bar fine and back at hotel I said I'm tired and politely asked her to leave. She said ok but there was thunder and rain outside and she waited and showed me pictures of her family . I jumped in the shower came out and she was asleep in the bed. So my first night out i spent nearly 6000baht and got nothing in return lol. I guess you learn from your mistakes and i never got my McDonald's. Still have to explore walking street. But pattaya is an amazing place. Visited sanctuary of truth which was nice. Nearly considering extending my trip and stay long in pattaya and shorten bangkok but I don't know if that would be a problem with my departure card. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The manic said:

You lost my interest when you talked about McDonalds. 

I don’t blame ya mate. I didn’t know where to eat and mc Donald’s is a easy way out. Got an alibaba Indian delivery tonight and would rather a mc Donald’s now. Pure muck. Any recommendations on a Thai restaurant 

1 hour ago, Mattybyrne88 said:

I don’t blame ya mate. I didn’t know where to eat and mc Donald’s is a easy way out. Got an alibaba Indian delivery tonight and would rather a mc Donald’s now. Pure muck. Any recommendations on a Thai restaurant 

Most places are OK. Plenty of Schwarma kebabs around too. Nickys on Soi Buakao is good....Eat in Royal festival food court downstairs or 5th Floor. The noodle chain MK restaurants.  The french restaurant on Soi 6. The Thai place at the end of soi 6 on Beach Rd. A taste of Thailand next to i bar on WS and soi lenkee. Mays diner Threpasit all the fish places jomtien..Oh The Pattaya beer garden just before WS...definitely try there. Girls, music  good sea views authentic food, good price etc. Dont bother with the fish restaurants in WS but do try the Issan bar second on the right. Then head to Electric Blue Soi 15 WS and Heavens above Soi Diamond and the Windmill.  WS starts at 8pm till 3am. Ibar 8 till 10 cheap bottled beer.  Never drink draft in Thailand. Ibar great sea views and girls. Look out for pies on wheels..Excellent. Thai fast street food Moo ping..thin pork kebabs like sate  10 baht each. The Russian market...Pratumnak soi 5. 

Go to Soi LK Metro. Check out Scooters bar, Champage opposite and Touch go go round the corner opposite the besy fish n chips in pattaya

Most places are OK. Plenty of Schwarma kebabs around too. Nickys on Soi Buakao is good....Eat in Royal festival food court downstairs or 5th Floor. The noodle chain MK restaurants.  The french restaurant on Soi 6. The Thai place at the end of soi 6 on Beach Rd. A taste of Thailand next to i bar on WS and soi lenkee. Mays diner Threpasit all the fish places jomtien..Oh The Pattaya beer garden just before WS...definitely try there. Girls, music  good sea views authentic food, good price etc. Dont bother with the fish restaurants in WS but do try the Issan bar second on the right. Then head to Electric Blue Soi 15 WS and Heavens above Soi Diamond and the Windmill.  WS starts at 8pm till 3am. Ibar 8 till 10 cheap bottled beer.  Never drink draft in Thailand. Ibar great sea views and girls. Look out for pies on wheels..Excellent. Thai fast street food Moo ping..thin pork kebabs like sate  10 baht each. The Russian market...Pratumnak soi 5. 

Agreed, the beer garden just before walking St has the best views for silly cheap food prices. Was there last night and you can't complain about 60 baht draft beer all night long either

Huge oval shaped bar with free Lancers for around 1k depending on how "hansum" you are

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Agree that plenty of 'old Pattaya hands' may take a Soi 6'er home but pretty much it's a dine-in, all-you-can-eat sort of venue which how I would recommend it for noobs.

Depends on the girl..Actually I dont like Soi 6. Rarely go there. Music dreadful in all bars but one. Farangs a bit weird,  girls average. The whole place is clamourous. I prefer Soi LK Metro and even WS. Recently The Big Mango Posse did a very good bar crawl taking in every bar on the street in two days. Find it on mangounchained.com

This bar is OK

12 minutes ago, The manic said:

Depends on the girl..Actually I dont like Soi 6. Rarely go there. Music dreadful in all bars but one. Farangs a bit weird,  girls average. The whole place is clamourous. I prefer Soi LK Metro and even WS. Recently The Big Mango Posse did a very good bar crawl taking in every bar on the street in two days. Find it on mangounchained.com

This bar is OK

I prefer the Scooters on Soi Buckaow (sp) but they are all spot on. 

2 hours ago, blackhorse said:

Agreed, the beer garden just before walking St has the best views for silly cheap food prices. Was there last night and you can't complain about 60 baht draft beer all night long either

Huge oval shaped bar with free Lancers for around 1k depending on how "hansum" you are

Tiger draft is 55 baht not 60...

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I prefer the Scooters on Soi Buckaow (sp) but they are all spot on. 

Indeed. I prefer LK Metro and Soi Buakao

This video shows both. Less than 10 bars play decent music in Pattaya. Scooters is 3 of them!

11 minutes ago, blackhorse said:
17 minutes ago, fforest1 said:
Tiger draft is 55 baht not 60...

Right you are. Like it ATM being low season. Place goes crazy in high season

It deserves the business.I wish there were more places like it in Pats.

1 hour ago, The manic said:

This bar is OK

2 days to do Soi 6? Lightweights.

Just now, champers said:

2 days to do Soi 6? Lightweights.

Drinking in every bar. One side first day. Other side next day. If you think the Big Mango Crowd are lightweight..join them on their next jolly and set the pace. The drinking crew there have been in action since 1990. Read their trip reports. They are usually pretty interesting. 

7 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Shouldnt you be writing these type of threads on the other Pattaya Forum made for mongers, “Pattaya A....ts” rather than this family based one?

not that i object,its just i would hate to see this forum turn into similar as that one.

Nobody told me This was a family based forum. Where does it say that? This thread is about food, nightlife, music...all in Pattaya. You dont have to worry... we have moderators. And very good they are too!

7 hours ago, The manic said:

This bar is OK

Why are there so many retired and old-looking men there? Where are the young lads? 

Op also watch for other foreigners smoking fags they all want to give advice and when you look you can see its a father figure sort of deal in bars everywhere you go. Could be some sort of power trip I don't have time to psychoanalyze further it these days though it does merit further research...

10 hours ago, Mattybyrne88 said:

Remember first few times eating at Ali Baba in 1995. Was sublime. Went back a decade later and it was overpriced muck even back then! :1zgarz5:

Just now, Bkkthebest said:

Why are there so many retired and old-looking men there? Where are the young lads? 

Scooters plays mainly 70's music. Not for the youngsters. Mixx on Walking Street for the youngsters.

Over the last couple of years the farang demographic in Pattaya appears to be changing. Tourists seem to be getting younger. Or, maybe I'm getting older!

Some posts and replies have been removed, please respect the following forum rule when posting on here:

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

48 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Scooters plays mainly 70's music. Not for the youngsters. Mixx on Walking Street for the youngsters.

Over the last couple of years the farang demographic in Pattaya appears to be changing. Tourists seem to be getting younger. Or, maybe I'm getting older!

60s music,  mod music, northern soul, ska and 1979 ska revival music, soul and tamla. Not really an age issue. Taste and education. 

7 hours ago, The manic said:

Indeed. I prefer LK Metro and Soi Buakao

This video shows both. Less than 10 bars play decent music in Pattaya. Scooters is 3 of them!

Lovely music, i take back everything negative i've said about Pattaya .

55 minutes ago, Bkkthebest said:

Look again. Anyway its men not boys but the girls are nice. The young lads have no money and dont live in Pattaya.

Archived