Suzy Homemaker Stuff

Sheryl

The Pumie Sticks (pumice made sepcifically for cleaning staind ceramic and porcelin) are very soft, in fact they crumble and dissolve as you use them, leaving a liquid substance that helps remove the stains.

The Pumie Sticks (pumice made sepcifically for cleaning staind ceramic and porcelin) are very soft, in fact they crumble and dissolve as you use them, leaving a liquid substance that helps remove the stains.

Just found out from my neighbor that another item can clean hard water stained. It sounds weird but it worked (for me anyway.) It's a sand paper that looks like a flexible, black screen window mesh called "Sanding Screen, 180 grit." I got at Ace Hardware, cut small piece and scrubbed very lightly and wow--everything came off including a little black specks from the sand paper which can be wiped or rinsed off.

Make sure it's 180 grit.

• 10 months later...

Ok I know that this is an old topic, but thought that there are those who might appreciate this. Using pumice stone to remove hard water stains works and the best thing is that there are heaps of these pumice stones out there in Thailand! I just didn't know where to look. I bought one from a street vendor selling herbs and stuff for massages for 10 baht to give it a try and it works. As mentioned in other posts the stone wears away as you use it and the water stains are cleaned within seconds. Now that I know this works I will be stocking up on them. If it will help I can take a photo of it and post it on the forum.

Makyai