3bb router advise adsl

Iforbach

Hi guys ..

Could anyone one please recommend a router for 3bb ( adsl )

I cant get fibre in condo were i live 

Max speed i get is 26mps 

I have 3bb router supplied but not sure if another model would increase speed ?

Thank you in advance 

Ifor 

What speed plan are you on?  25Mb, 30Mb, 50Mb, etc

The 26Mb speed you mentioned is that via ethernet/hard wire connection between the router and your device(s) "or" via Wifi connection?  If by Wifi are you using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?   

Oops yes its VDSL 3BB I AM ON 590 BAHT PLAN ...50/20 Mb 

Thats max with VDSL for my condo . again 

Speed test 26 ...upload 12 mbps

Should be 30 plus 

I hv 3bb router huawei router 2 router

Again i am not up on this stuff ..just thought maybe a more expensive router may increase speed ..thank y'all again for any input ..:) 

Call the 3BB Bangkok call center at 1530. Follow the prompts for English speaking CSA if you don't speak Thai. They will ask for your account number. Explain your issue with low internet speeds. They can do a line test and make changes from their computer. If there is a problem they cannot immediately fix, a 3BB tech will be sent. The router you have if working properly is more than capable of handling higher internet speeds.  I am more inclined to the possibility that the outside service line is unable to handle the traffic. I had signal dropping issues after my 20/4 plan was upgraded to 50/20. After numerous techs coming to my home, checking connections, testing the line and telling me "internet ok", while all along I suggested to them that the service line was the problem. After 3 months of numerous calls to 1530, they finally replaced the almost 1 km line from the village to my home which fixed the problem.

1 hour ago, Iforbach said:

Should be 30 plus 

Again i am not up on this stuff ..just thought maybe a more expensive router may increase speed ..thank y'all again for any input ..:) 

Do you connect your computer "via hardwire (ethernet)" to the router or do you use a Wifi connection? 

If  you do not use a hardwire connection you need to give that try to eliminate the possibility of a Wifi connection/interference problem.  

8 hours ago, Iforbach said:

Should be 30 plus 

You may need to upgrade your plan to 3bb international if you are using websites outside of thailand its a couple hundred baht extra but will improve your speed.   I have a tdw9980 no buffering issues.

19 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

You may need to upgrade your plan to 3bb international if you are using websites outside of thailand its a couple hundred baht extra but will improve your speed.   I have a tdw9980 no buffering issues.

When I had the 3BB 20/4 internet plan, I streamed US TV, BBC IPlayer, Amazon Prime and Netflix from the US servers daily.  I also online gamed on my PS4 console connecting to PS's Singapore server.  I experienced no speed or latency issues using the Huawei router supplied by 3BB. My US and UK streaming was also routed through a Proxy server.  The current speeds that the OP is getting are more than enough to stream from international sources.  The OP fails to mention in his post is if the speeds he receives are causing issues or are they just lower than advertised. 

1 minute ago, tweedledee2 said:

When I had the 3BB 20/4 internet plan, I streamed US TV, BBC IPlayer, Amazon Prime and Netflix from the US servers daily.  I also online gamed on my PS4 console connecting to PS's Singapore server.  I experienced no speed or latency issues using the Huawei router supplied by 3BB. My US and UK streaming was also routed through a Proxy server.  The current speeds that the OP is getting are more than enough to stream from international sources.  The OP fails to mention in his post is if the speeds he receives are causing issues or are they just lower than advertised.

I came from the TOT 10mb which I could stream easily overseas without too much latency, sometimes there was a bit of buffering.  Singapore vpn gateways will help stream to the usa but alot of 3bb users (thaivisa forum and thai forums) with the normal signup were getting 3-5mb during peak times speedtesting directly to international websites, this may have been from overselling and it may have improved since 1 year ago.  You may have been lucky! Yea op not mentioning which servers he is speedtesting from and whats his objective doesnt help.  Websites can be slow from their own traffic too which doesnt have anything to do with ones own internet speed.  The 3bb router may have performance issues depending on the amount of users or processing requests at one time.

Archived