Extension of non-immi-O if money is in account since months

I read it multiple times, but now as it concerns myself I forgot. Sorry for that silly question:

Is it possible to apply for an extension of stay to one year with a non-immigrant-O visa just shortly after arrival if I have the 800KTHB in an account for a long time already (many months) or do I need to wait a certain time before I can apply ?

Background: I come to stay definitely the next time for retirement. I bought a Ticket ZH-BKK and BKK-Vientiane (just in case someone would want to see a onward flight), but without thinking I dated the onward flight just some 50 days after arrival, so I would have to fill in my departure card with that date. Maybe I made a mistake and have to buy a new onward flight ticket for 90 days after arrival - or it does not matter since I can apply for 1 year extensaion of stay well before the 50 days have elapsed.

Or is even a one-way ticket acceptable ? But in this case: What needs to be written on the departure card - nothing ?

Sorry for this question from a member who is not really a newbie to TV but I seem to be a bit confused about the procedure nevertheless, so help is appreciated.

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Is it possible to apply for an extension of stay to one year with a non-immigrant-O visa just shortly after arrival if I have the 800KTHB in an account for a long time already (many months) or do I need to wait a certain time before I can apply ?

No. When you arrive you’ll be given permission to stay for 90 days. You can’t apply for the 1 year extension of stay until the last 30 (maybe 45 at some offices) days.

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Or is even a one-way ticket acceptable ? But in this case: What needs to be written on the departure card - nothing ?

A one way ticket is acceptable.

You do not need to give your departure date when you arrive. You can leave anytime within 90 days, or stay longer if you apply for an extension of stay.

• Thanks 1

You don't need a departure date or flight number on the departure part of the TM6 card until you leave the country. It should be left blank until day day you leave.

You can apply for the extension of stay during the last 30 days or 45 days at some offices.

• Thanks 1

As long as you are entering Thailand with a non immigrant O visa issued at a consulate outside Thailand, everything should be pretty easy. Towards the end of the 90-day stay, you apply for a one-year extension. The only issue arises if you want to be outside Thailand towards the end of the 90 days (which your onward ticket after 50 days suggests might be the case). You might then want to contact the immigration office, explaining the scheduling issue, and see if they will do the extension early.

• Thanks 1

I thank you all. That clarifies the issue. I do not want to be outside of Thailand towards the end of the 90 days, so the second ticket to Vientiane might confuse. I will change that. Thanks, this really helped me.